London Bombings: The Second Wave

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
So our fair city has once again been the target of an attack.

Having been infront of a tv as it all unfolded today i found it all a bit mad. The guy who was arrested outside of downing street, was he a bomber? he didn't seem to have anything on him. The reports of a man running from warren street into the hospital apparently with wires sticking out of his clothing.

At first people were talking about detonators, then dummy nail bombs and now the police chief seems to be saying these are definite failed explosions.

This strikes me as very odd, that a group would be able to make such a cock-up that all four bombs would fail to work.

I started thinking about it and i realised that if in two weeks time a mate suggested going to london, i would possibly decline. i was not thinking like this after 7/7 and wasn't thinking it today, yet the fact that two weeks to the day something has happened is enough to make me carefully consider my actions two weeks from now.

It seems to me this was more like an act to cause panic, I really don't think they were trying to blow the trains up.

finty posted on Jul 21 2005 at 07:19 PM said:
It seems to me this was more like an act to cause panic, I really don't think they were trying to blow the trains up.

now, not to sound like a bitch or supportive to the bombers, but I think they would be more clever than that. They got 2 options:

1. Srew up the explosion and create panic

2. Destroy trains, killing people and create panic

Now, imagine (just imagine) you would be a terrorist with teh worst intensions. Which one would you choose?........Just as I had guessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon its the news of the world or the sun, testing underground security :)

On a more serious note, its quite scary how people with these intentions can even get onto a train underground without being a detective, in light of the previous attacks we should have some heavy and expensive security in place. I'm sure the tax payer would be more than happy to pay.

Horscht posted on Jul 21 2005 at 07:16 PM said:
now, not to sound like a bitch or supportive to the bombers, but I think they would be more clever than that. They got 2 options:

Now, imagine (just imagine) you would be a terrorist with teh worst intensions. Which one would you choose?........Just as I had guessed.

Er wrong, You have the train of thought that everyone else of us has. i,e, DEATH, scary stuff. But if you been watching the news, they want to kill us as they believe we are in defiance of their god, or something like that. Also, they believe they will be reincarnated with rich rewards as a result of such act.

How can you fight that when they don't fear death? if they miss you as they die they are thinking "We will get you next time...."

All this is drilled into them as a child, they grow up really believing such.

Personally I am scared by such people.

It seems I was wrong. I had only heard sketchy radio reports. I'd say it is copy-cats with little knowledge of explosives.

Horscht posted on Jul 21 2005 at 06:16 PM said:
finty posted on Jul 21 2005 at 07:19 PM said:

Yeah, but option #2 involves killing yourself as well while option #1 involves walking away scott-free and having a good excuse too: "umm... sorry boss... the bombs failed, yeah..."

Maybe they got cold feet on the spot?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 21 2005 at 06:41 PM said:
Er wrong, You have the train of thought that everyone else of us has. i,e, DEATH, scary stuff. But if you been watching the news, they want to kill us as they believe we are in defiance of their god, or something like that. Also, they believe they will be reincarnated with rich rewards as a result of such act.

How can you fight that when they don't fear death? if they miss you as they die they are thinking "We will get you next time...."

All this is drilled into them as a child, they grow up really believing such.

Personally I am scared by such people.
I think it's just as likely that they fear death as much as anybody else, but believe that this is a cause that they are willing to die for. Such people in the past have been labelled as heroes - so are these guys labelled as heroes today, only not by the our side, obviously.

Sorry if anyone got offended by my above comments, but I'm just putting this into perspective... it just got me thinking how many times I've heard on the news that neighbours of terrorists described them as being "quiet, nice guys". It's scary to think that these people may actually be a lot more normal than our mental image of them - most of them were probably just brought up in the wrong environment and educated by the wrong people. They don't even realize to look at another point of view because like most of us they're stuck with the worldview which they grew up in.

I hate it when people can't see both sides of an arguement, or even recognise that there is other views on a situation. IMO Britain brought this on themselves.

All four failing to detonate is pretty lucky. What I want to know it, why the hell didn't we have intelligence on this after the last attack? We should have been monitoring this situation very closely.

I really doubt that "more security measures" would have prevented something like that. One can hide small ammount of explosives anywhere on the body and backpacks. That's the bad thing about that whole terrorism thing, not that there are people willing to blow themselves up, but that we can't do anything about it. If someone wants to blow himself up, he'll do it, no matter if there are 2 policemen running around, or 200.

as one wise man (me) once said:

"a lock on a door is to keep the honest people honest. The unhonest one will just come through the window"

finty posted on Jul 21 2005 at 09:09 PM said:
I hate it when people can't see both sides of an arguement, or even recognise that there is other views on a situation. IMO Britain brought this on themselves.

urm, sorry what?

Really couldn't be assed getting into it, but the UK should have stayed out of the war in Iraq, they had no right going there. This wouldn't be happening if they had kept themselves to themselves.

What? How would not going to war lead to problems with the US? Sure the UK and the US wouldn't be as close but wouldn't that be better than continuing attacks on the British public?

(Not aimed at anyone here) And you can say Londoners are strong and blah blah blah but when the the British public start seeing their own innocents die in the street they can't handle it, soon enough the government are going to be in trouble.

markusdragon posted on Jul 22 2005 at 06:03 AM said:
I think the first wave had more to do with the G8 than Iraq.

No Idea what the second one's about, really.

Same as the first to maim and kill.... apparantly the british publc deserve this according to radical clerics as we re-elected blair :rolleyes:

Just caught some breaking nrews armed police have just shot dead a suspect on stockwell tube this morning...

skysnapper posted on Jul 22 2005 at 11:30 AM said:
markusdragon posted on Jul 22 2005 at 06:03 AM said:
I think the first wave had more to do with the G8 than Iraq.

No Idea what the second one's about, really.

Same as the first to maim and kill.... apparantly the british publc deserve this according to radical clerics as we re-elected blair :rolleyes:

Just caught some breaking nrews armed police have just shot dead a suspect on stockwell tube this morning...

Yeah sounded quite brutal as well. They chased him through the subway, he tripped and fell into the doorway of a train, they then pinned him down and then shot him.....good on them I say, it's about time we started seeing actions like this, a few more seconds and he could have killed a lot of people.

finty posted on Jul 22 2005 at 10:53 AM said:
I bet it comes out he was an innocent.

Would be just our luck.

Back