It's yummy. But you can't eat it!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member

I'd say we're getting there :)
There are still some things we have to tweak, but thanks to that prototype, we now know WHAT we need to tweak!

It's already working nicely and feeling fine!

I'll continue testing and working on it during the next weeks - and hopefully with more videos for you!

"Everything is too big"
Oh, that's a relief. I knew it was going to be bigger but that looks substantially bigger than the Pandora. I was worried it wouldn't fit in my pockets anymore, but looks like it'll be fine once everything is trimmed down, hopefully.

That's pretty awesome. Pandora now looks like a chinese toy compared to the Pyra. Will you capture some more videos this weekend @EvilDragon, or it is all what we are going to have by now? Yep, I am hyped as hell.

"Everything is too big"
Oh, that's a relief. I knew it was going to be bigger but that looks substantially bigger than the Pandora. I was worried it wouldn't fit in my pockets anymore, but looks like it'll be fine once everything is trimmed down, hopefully.

The outside will probably not change, but it's not much bigger compared to the Pandora. It still fits my pockets without any issues :)

That's pretty awesome. Pandora now looks like a chinese toy compared to the Pyra. Will you capture some more videos this weekend @EvilDragon, or it is all what we are going to have by now? Yep, I am hyped as hell.

No more this weekend, I need to work on it (do thermal testings, etc.), I cannot do videos all the time :D

the screen seems so much bigger than the pandoras... it's looking good! Getting excited over here...

No more this weekend, I need to work on it (do thermal testings, etc.), I cannot do videos all the time :D
Just set up a camera pointed at your work area so we can watch you and stare at it.
[doublepost=1457741023,1457740060][/doublepost]@EvilDragon I think you said you are currently using a Droid 4. If you were doing heavy typing would you prefer to use the keyboard of that or the Pyra, as it is now (since you are getting the caps more rounded on top)?

"Everything is too big"
I'm a bit conflicted. The Pandora bulges in my pockets as it is. The Pyra looks so amazing though! I will still love it even if I need a holster on my belt to carry it with me. Hopefully I will be able to buy a second case and modify it to be a bit slimmer by using a Pandora battery.

Congrats, ED. I can't wait to order one!

No mention of the Shoulder-Buttons? ;) Would like to know how they perform on the assembled device, compared to the Pandora ones.
There seems indeed alot of Space in the Pyra. Looks like the Device could have been a little bit thinner, every mm counts there imho. Wasting space may not be the best option, for further heat solving techs, there seems still enough room.
I would round the bottom edges more, there should be space enough for that, so the compared thick Pyra body would sit better in the hands and glide better into pockets. The case company already took alot of time to finish the molds, not sure if they even can tweak these areas within time. I hoped the Pyra will at least be a little bit thinner than the already bricky Pandora. But I know ED prefers a thicker but shorter device instead of a thinner but wider one, sadly.

The screen has indeed a high res, I couldn't work with such tiny fonts. I hope the font size can be adjusted "global" on the Pyra, I almost need font size like you wrote in the text test. xD

The screen has indeed a high res, I couldn't work with such tiny fonts. I hope the font size can be adjusted "global" on the Pyra, I almost need font size like you wrote in the text test. xD
attachment.php

I would round the bottom edges more, there should be space enough for that, so the compared thick Pyra body would sit better in the hands and glide better into pockets.
But rounding the edges could make the Pyra even thicker (as adding material is easier than removing), so I'm not sure if thats a good idea.

Global font sizes are tricky, as it may depend on the app and at least on the toolkit the app is using. That was one of the reasons why ED preffered a 720p display over one with a higher resolution.
So you can adjust the font size, but you probably have to do it more than once and at different places. For games with a single set of bitmap fonts though, the only way might be to change the resolution, with the common scaling issues on an LCD.

Tankz, awesome video! I love that thing xD

It will fit in my pocket too, no probleme there. The transparent case looks really really nice : )

Plz take your time to tweak the hell out of it. She'll have a looooong live span, so everybody will benefit from it!

Back