It's Preorder Day!

skelso said:
Damn it!

I'm taking my pregnant wife for her 20 week scan this afternoon. And I can't see them letting me set up a 3G modem link in the waiting room. (I might not even be able to sneak in my GP2X for goodness sake)

Well that's Craig off our list of potential names! :)
hang on hang on - Is there any chance of a guaranteed pre-order if we name... nah - She wouldn't go for that. :unsure:

LOL! I was just thinking the exact same thing... I'm leaving for my wife's 39th week exam at 1:30PM Pandora time. I figure I'll be back around oh, say, half past sold out o'clock. What timing!

I wish you a healthy baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm refreshing Gmail. =)

But when I tried to open the pandora page i got that error.

This is what i love about ordering a new tech toy. The excitement, the trill. Seeing everybody drooling all over the web, and website's going down because off to much traffic.

Lets hope that they don't limit the preorder. If they send out 22.000 mails, combine that with rapports on engadget etc, something tells me that those 3000 are not going to be nearly whats needed.

Gaeryc said:
Usoppe said:
2 BST is not now, is it?
on my clock, its 14:15 (germany)
Wait for 45 long minutes and it will be.

actualy the german forum moderators posted 14:00 as pre order start. -> that was 20 minutes ago and the shop is down. :(

Benjiro said:
This is what i love about ordering a new tech toy. The excitement, the trill. Seeing everybody drooling all over the web, and website's going down because off to much traffic.

Lets hope that they don't limit the preorder. If they send out 22.000 mails, combine that with rapports on engadget etc, something tells me that those 3000 are not going to be nearly whats needed.
Preordering>opening package>using it
Preordering is the fun part :D

cosurgi said:
I expect craig posting in this topic sth like "omg, wtf, we need to replace a fan on the processor of our main server, please wait 30 minutes more" :)
That's what I'm worried about. :unsure:

Also, didn't realize that the thing was an hour away. I had it in my head that it started 8am Eastern Standard Time (US).

Flat said:
Gaeryc said:
Usoppe said:
2 BST is not now, is it?
on my clock, its 14:15 (germany)
Wait for 45 long minutes and it will be.

actualy the german forum moderators posted 14:00 as pre order start. -> that was 20 minutes ago and the shop is down. :(

hmm i didnt know that there was a special german pre-ordering...

Does anyone else think the Wiz preorder banner looks a bit dejected there? I almost want to order one of those too so it doesn't feel left out of all the excitement.

Back