Release It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't understand why anyone would be against this. “I don't like it when people decide to make a new product, and who do they think they are asking people what they would like in a handheld. That is the job of the huge companies to decide what you want." And the delays, what do you expect. Sure it is a little disappointing when you see another delay, but when you don't have a multi-million dollar research and development department and 100's of people working on it things take a while to get done, what a surprise. The only thing I can think of is that the nay-sayers have never tried to build anything from scratch in there lives. You know the type that wait for someone to help put a spare tire on their car after a flat.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
[...]
If you don't like a project then fair enough don't support it, but why bother putting it down? makes no sense to me :huh:

People are often more willing to express themseleves when they're not happy with something, I guess. There are many people who feel OK with waiting a little more in order to get a better finished product,and so do I.

Last edited by a moderator:
YEARS ago I worked in sales and one of the things an experienced coworker told me was as follows;

'A happy customer will tell 1 other person about your service/product. An unhappy customer will tell 10'

Mind you he was a crack head and AFAIK never preordered a Pandora, so what does he know? ;)

The power does matter, but not as much as the combination of the handheld gaming console and EEEPC elements to me. The Pandora does not look like it will be "out of date" in either of those respects however.

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
The power does matter, but not as much as the combination of the handheld gaming console and EEEPC elements to me. The Pandora does not look like it will be "out of date" in either of those respects however.

Well depends on what other open gaming compagnies are going to do.

Is it possible for the successor to use the same case?
So the final tuning must not be done again.

For the Pandora 2.0 I want umts / mobile phone support :) .

Edit: And please more Ram. More Ram needs much more power. But how much more? Can it have 512 MByte or best 1 Gigabyte Ram?

rohezal said:

They'll probably try their best to use the same case in 3 or 4 years when the Pandora 1 is up for design.
I don't see it being a phone, though, unless I'm overestimating how much of a pain in the ass cell phones are.

Now that ive seen the video, there is only one thing i can do. Cry. Why ? I cant afford a Pandora right now :(

But if i could, i would buy it for sure. Ive been lurking for some time now, and now ive seen this baby in action as they come off of the production line, i'm magically in love...

I knew I should have checked the forums some days ago! Seriously nice! And now that I seem to have gotten my old job back, I may actually get in the second batch. *Checks wallet* Hmm... or maybe third... fifth... ... ... hope there's a 100th batch... (Totally understand you Lord_Doku)

Anyway, Congratulations OP Team! And same for everyone who's getting a Pandora!

lulzfish said:
rohezal said:

They'll probably try their best to use the same case in 3 or 4 years when the Pandora 1 is up for design.
I don't see it being a phone, though, unless I'm overestimating how much of a pain in the ass cell phones are.
You are probably still underestimating... :D

The only chance I see for a cell phone Pandora (as an option, not in every Pandora 2!) is that we make cellphone software and hardware work with the Pandora 1 reasonably well and then show off how cool it would be. That would be a lot of work. I do hope we can get it done, though, because I also find the idea intriguing.

I hope for a more finger friendly UI made by the community, preferably a full screen GUI based on matchbox plus easy to use taskswitcher. I usually prefer stylus use, but when comparing KDE and Hildon on my N800 for example, things are sometimes a bit small and the clamshell makes it even a bit harder to use on Pandora.

finty said:
It has come a long way from throwing ideas around in a thread on this forum.

Congratulations Craig, Evildragon and the rest of the team.

Well said Finty- this is looking fantastic and I'm so impressed that it's actually come to fruition.

Great work team Pandora, looking well worth the wait.

craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.
Hello. 8^) Here is my face.
It's the following year, almost a full month after you said that, and still no Pandora. You're (latest?) promised ship date of Dec 25, 2009 has come and gone, and the thing is still vapor, with people "pinning their hopes" on February.
You all do realize that this is YEAR THREE of the promised and pushed back ship dates, right? The thing was supposed to come out in 2007. This is 2010.

chad78 said:
craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.
Hello. 8^) Here is my face.
It's the following year, almost a full month after you said that, and still no Pandora. You're (latest?) promised ship date of Dec 25, 2009 has come and gone, and the thing is still vapor, with people "pinning their hopes" on February.
You all do realize that this is YEAR THREE of the promised and pushed back ship dates, right? The thing was supposed to come out in 2007. This is 2010.

I thought you were never gonna show your sorry ass around here again because of me?

EvilDragon said:
Besides, there was never 2007. It started 2008.

Sorry ED, but I think that's simply not true...

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=53334#p53334

Sorry for the link to gp2x.de, but it was easier to find for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back