It's Alive!

drock

Just read Ed's post about the cpu Board! How freakin awesome is that?  I always expected the pyra would get off the ground, but the cpu board powering up really makes me feel like this is happening.  Sure there are plenty more places for road bumps and the issue with the RAM may be one of them. 

I guess I just wanted to throw my fist in the air towards all the Pyra fans and cheer.

Great job Ed and Nikolaus.

Im sure that solder work was much fun.  Ur crazy.... but in an awesome way

The RAM shouldn't be that much of an issue.

We probably are just missing an application note from the manufacturer how to solder it properly.

With normal soldering, it swam away and made some shortcircuits.

Great news indeed. Sounds like we have some awesome videos coming up in the near future...

Anytime is fine ED, but sooner is better :D

I cannot get over how much more productive the Pyra project is compared to some of the other small-scale tech projects I follow.

You guys actually get stuff done, and share it with potential customers. You should teach a course to some of the kickstarter wannabes out there. Can't wait to see a prototype Pyra.

Well, without the RAM the OMAP just cries for memory over serial output ;)

So no videos until we have a properly soldered RAM on there :)

Yess! I am getting more and more excited about the Pyra!

Awesome :) cant wait for the first video of ED acting like hes falling off the roof with the pyra in his hand :)
Dont forget the Furhat
Oh wait, wat is his ordernumber???

(Ich Craig mich nimme ein vor lachen, ich glaub das dauert noch 2 Months bis ich wieder normal bin)

Translation: LOL , Two Months word jokes whit craig..

Reactions: rSl

We probably are just missing an application note from the manufacturer how to solder it properly.

That's bad if it causes further delays until they sent replacements. At least they could ship an already soldered SoC with complete RAM on top. Is it really needed to even solder that by yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:

That's bad if it causes further delays until they sent replacements. At least they could ship an already soldered SoC with complete RAM on top. Is it really needed to even solder that by yourself?
Costs of setting up a pick in place machine for only a small prototype run, which may have future changes isn't worth it... Nikolaus does this for a living, he can most likely rework it.

The RAM is not mounted on the SoC...

The OMAP5 is no PoP anymore, so unlike the Pandora, the RAM does not go on top.

We still have enough of the RAMs, that's no problem, we just need to know how to solder them ;)

Back