Is Gp2x.co.uk A Dodgey Online Store?

kfc v lot posted on Dec 10 2006 at 12:40 PM said:
Thanks for this its just what i was wanting, how much would it be + import duty???
i would try and work it out but ma brains kinda messed up this mornin (NEVER again will i drink 2Ls of cheap ass vodka or any vodka on that note...)

Sorry, but I've got no idea what import duty would be. I've ordered all of my gp2x accessories from play-asia and never paid anything extra. Best bet would be to pm somebody in the 'just got my gp2x' thread and ask them.

A related story: my friend once bought a brand new ipaq from singapore since it was cheaper and it arrived really quickly. However, 3 days later a letter arrived from UK Customs with a form attached for him to pay his import tax. It ended up costing about £1 more than they were charging in the UK. :p

I think it depends on the value of the package as to how likely they are to open / check it. His £400 ipaq obviously looked suspicious, but it depends how play-asia labels the gp2x packages I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
mumbleswerve posted on Dec 10 2006 at 03:45 AM said:
I can tell some of you people enjoy baiting the chap and the subsquent banter but it ends up very negative and doesn't leave a good feeling.
I honestly wouldn't go into long derailings of threads if people didn't take it as an opportunity to antagonize me. Then the choice becomes, argue my point and be ridiculed for doing so, or be called a fag and be told how I got 'pwnt'. (very mature.) I'm quite good at refusing to drop something until I've made myself sufficiently clear. Especially if the opposition has weak arguments. I enjoy a spirited argument, others sometimes call that 'flaming'-- the two are distinctly different.

Anyway my goldfish are shoaling at my side of the tank and need feeding. I find them relaxing and threaputic - epicenter you should get some and when the opportunity comes to bash things on this forum go watch them for 5 minutes first.
You seem to be of the impression I'm screaming into my screen and pounding on my keyboard in a blind rage as my blood pressure skyrockets. Not the case. Most of the time when I choose to continue a lengthy argument on this forum, it's because I find it amusing.

You do make a good point though that I need to go feed my fish. They're probably pretty hungry at the moment. Freeloaders. :) Pardon me, I'll go take care of that.

I have to say that they were good service wise for me. I got confused on these boards, and just got locked into the idea that my tvout cable was faulty-- turns out it was just my s-video to composite adapter--

point is, i ordered a second one from them-- had them ship it to me here in japan, which is not the billing address for my credit card, and they worked it out with me, no hassles or dramas, just good customer service. Plus they actually talked to me in the mails like a human being, not just a source of money, and even made a joke or two.

but what really impressed me was when i emailed them back to say i had got it, and realized i didnt even need cuz the svideo adapter was the problem, i got 3 or 4 emails from their customer service giving me ideas on how i might solve my issue.

they had no obligation to do that-- the unit they sent me was 100% as advertised, its not their fault i ordered something i didnt need. and they already had my money-- so, i think that as a company, they are trying to do things the right way on the up and up.

maybe sometimes their are errors, or slip ups, but mistakes happen. I'll recommend them to anyone who asks

d

Epicenter posted on Dec 10 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
You seem to be of the impression I'm screaming into my screen and pounding on my keyboard in a blind rage as my blood pressure skyrockets. Not the case.

OFF-TOPIC
When I read your words I immediately had this mental image of the Angry German Kid (tm) (warning: explicit German language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k...ted&search=

(most of you have probably seen this)

Epicenter posted on Dec 10 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
You seem to be of the impression I'm screaming into my screen and pounding on my keyboard in a blind rage as my blood pressure skyrockets. Not the case. Most of the time when I choose to continue a lengthy argument on this forum, it's because I find it amusing.

Off topic, and in a soft voice…….
Epicenter if I have the impression that you scream into your screen and pound your head on your keyboard it's because I've read your contributions over the last two weeks. I'm also disappointed to hear that amusement is your reason for making an argument with other forum members. I hope you don’t really mean this?

I just want to read about the actual topic. If you have something else to say, discuss or argue why not start a new thread?

On topic….
Reading this thread and based on my previous experience I think I will give play-asia.com a go in the new year. Thanks for your help everyone.

Warzywo posted on Dec 10 2006 at 11:12 AM said:
OFF-TOPIC
When I read your words I immediately had this mental image of the Angry German Kid (tm) (warning: explicit German language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k...ted&search=

Oh my god, this is awesome.

Epicenter posted on Dec 10 2006 at 09:26 PM said:
OFF-TOPIC
When I read your words I immediately had this mental image of the Angry German Kid ™ (warning: explicit German language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k...ted&search=

... I thought you left ...

TelcoLou posted on Dec 11 2006 at 02:30 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Dec 10 2006 at 09:26 PM said:
OFF-TOPIC
When I read your words I immediately had this mental image of the Angry German Kid ™ (warning: explicit German language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k...ted&search=

... I thought you left ...
Apparently he's amazed that someone filmed him and put it on the internet. It spurred his interest.

i want to start a fund to pay epicenter back for the gp2x he broke, so that maybe he will leave. anyone interested in donating?

Epicenter posted on Dec 10 2006 at 01:23 AM said:
Anyhoo. You guys have fun. I'll be somewhere else until there is something worthwhile to discuss. (This will probably be a very long time knowing this forum. :) ) Adios.

Liar ... no wait, excuse me ...

Fucking liar ... :p

Oh my god, I've been trying to refrain from posting a comment regarding this, erm, situation, but I can no longer hold it in. Seriously, after reading all of this, I can't stop myself, even though it's in no way proper ethically...

I can think of two future positions for mr. Epicenter -- either as a viral marketer for GamePark (he's going to take back the audience they once had by denigration!) or as a script writer on Star Trek (they need someone to write convincing technobabble, y'know...).

I suspect Epicenter has mellowed recently so perhaps everyone just move on and allow him to be the valuable member of this community he is destined to become? :D

I have to thank this otherwise waste-of-a-thread for introducing me to the 'angry German kid'. :)

kialzzz posted on Dec 10 2006 at 11:16 PM said:
I suspect Epicenter has mellowed recently so perhaps everyone just move on and allow him to be the valuable member of this community he is destined to become? :D
Here's the thing, I was never upset :)

I can think of two future positions for mr. Epicenter -- either as a viral marketer for GamePark (he's going to take back the audience they once had by denigration!) or as a script writer on Star Trek (they need someone to write convincing technobabble, y'know...).
The GP2X does not have nearly enough dilithium crystals to support a proper PSX emulator. GPH IS FUCKING US AGAIN

Epicenter posted on Dec 10 2006 at 10:18 PM said:
The GP2X does not have nearly enough dilithium crystals to support a proper PSX emulator. GPH IS FUCKING US AGAIN

Ah crap, I've got nothing against an argument like that I'm afraid :p

Epicenter posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:18 AM said:
kialzzz posted on Dec 10 2006 at 11:16 PM said:
Here's the thing, I was never upset :)

More power to the DIMM slots!

I haven't visited this forum in a long time though i love my gp2x an use it almost everyday now i was reminded of why i should become an active member again - because you guys make me fucking LMAO. Though there are pros and cons for the gp2x -what else would you expect from a small company in Korea- perfection? I don't think so next time if they make a succesor to the gp2x why dont you (meaning Epi) give them some suggestions but until then don't fuck threads up with your useless banter and gp2x bashing

Back