Is Gp2x.co.uk A Dodgey Online Store?

g0pher

Still Fresh
Has anyone had bad experiences with gp2x.co.uk?

I purchased the 2 commercial games they sell from them on the 21st Nov and on my creditcard statement that is the date the money was taken but I haven't heard hide nor hair from them.

I'm really worried that they have ripped me off because I've sent them a couple of email and had no response and there has been activity on their website, the news page has been updated since my emails/order.

I'm considering reporting them to VISA and trying to get my money back.

Any advice would be great.

thanks

Not had a problem with them. Give them a ring and sort it out. Bare in mind it's nearly christmas and they might be busy packing up a 30 year old kids GP2x that his wife has bought him for christmas!!

I got mine for my birthday!!

gAreth

not that i've bought from them, but aret they the official seller!?
i dont think theyre dodgey, i think you can email them at Orders@cdworld.co.uk
(might be Sales@cdworld.co.uk, tho :) )
when i email them they answered

good luck

I've had no trouble with them and I would imagine a large number of people on here bought their GP2x from them. They have a telephone number on the site so you could try calling them.

heres what their frontpage said (btw im taking into considderation 1 of those games was payback)

Dec 4th: Christmas is coming and the GP2X is the best present you could ever buy for yourself. Well... for £124.99 anyway. Oh, also, SNES fans might want to check out This :) PS. Payback is shipping!

its a bit hard to see on the frontpage (with the small text) but from that im guessing that its shipping now, so be patient wait a few more weeks (depending on what shipping you paid for) and it should get there. i had the same problem btw but with that message im sure my stuff will arive. also ive ordered many things from them, hence a 2x with accesories, and a gp32 (when they were selling them) adn one or 2 other handhelds...their reliable so no worries...

I always got an e-mail response from them, most within 24 hours.

@ruckage: You have the most annoying, distracting, seizure-inducing avatar/sig combo I've ever seen. ;)

TelcoLou posted on Dec 5 2006 at 11:49 PM said:
I always got an e-mail response from them, most within 24 hours.

@ruckage: You have the most annoying, distracting, seizure-inducing avatar/sig combo I've ever seen. ;)

:D :D :D

Is that the Cosmo Gang???

Cosmo gang inspired but my own work. The stars of my first very simple game coming soon........... if all goes well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanna buy a low mileage car mate? ;)

You should phone us up, the order could have been lost (in the post) or your emails might be getting stopped by the spam filter.

ruckage posted on Dec 6 2006 at 12:02 AM said:
Cosmo gang inspired but my own work. The stars of my first very simple game coming soon........... if all goes well.

Good, because I want to shoot that happy blue egg bastard in the face ;)

craigix posted on Dec 6 2006 at 11:08 AM said:
Wanna buy a low mileage car mate? ;)

You should phone us up, the order could have been lost (in the post) or your emails might be getting stopped by the spam filter.

I'll PM you my order details. It's a bit expensive to call from Australia.

thanks for responding

This is typical. They usually take forever to do just about anything; people have been waiting an eternity for Payback and before that they waited an eternity for Vektar. I can't relate to such patience, I'd have demanded a refund if it wasn't shipped the first week and/or if I didn't receive it within the second. A friend of mine who ordered his GP2X from there (I got mine from a now-defunct US distributor) waited for weeks and was told by Craig (of gp2x.co.uk) he just 'forgot to ship it'. :p

Epicenter posted on Dec 6 2006 at 01:12 AM said:
This is typical. They usually take forever to do just about anything; people have been waiting an eternity for Payback and before that they waited an eternity for Vektar. I can't relate to such patience, I'd have demanded a refund if it wasn't shipped the first week and/or if I didn't receive it within the second. A friend of mine who ordered his GP2X from there (I got mine from a now-defunct US distributor) waited for weeks and was told by Craig (of gp2x.co.uk) he just 'forgot to ship it'. :p
You and your 'Friends' must have really lucked out.........................

Epicenter posted on Dec 6 2006 at 11:12 AM said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same

As from what I hear gp2x.co.uk used to be good and very fast in replying in the past - but it seems this no longer is the case.

I first sent them an e-mail on november the 4th (asking if I could pay by bank transfer), but I didn't get a response until I sent them another email 5 days later asking what happened to my first mail. They replied the same day with the information I needed, and I sent them my order by mail (because the site doesn't allow for the payment option bank transfer). The next day (November 10th) I transferred the money to their account, and they nicely replied me that my package would be shipped the same day the money arrived. On November 14th I got the reply that the money had arrived, but they told it would be shipped in 1-3 days.

It should be noted that I selected Airmail Signed for as a shipping method, which can take 2-12 days.

Then we make giant leap - to November 30 - where I sent gp2x.co.uk an e-mail asking where my order is. They were unresponsive. I sent them another mail on December the 4th asking what the hell happened to my order, and why they aren't replying. The same day I received a reply telling me that they hadn't received the previous e-mail due to problems with their mail server.

Also, I was told they had shipped my order on November 17th, and that my package couldn't be traced and that they would contact Royal Mail the next day. They also told me that if Royal Mail would not be able to trace it, they'd send a new package to me with a 266 mhz model instead of a 275 mhz model because the 275mhz models are out stock.

Well, as I wanted to try and trace my package myself, I asked them for the track and trace number. The next day (December the 5th) they answered with a faulty (totally wrong, as appeared later) Track and Trace number. They also told me they had contacted Royal Mail which would get back to them later, and they said they would send me a new package with UPS within 1-2 days, apparantly without awaiting the search of Royal Mail. :huh:

I replied to them that the I originally ordered to get a 275 mhz guaranteed overclockable unit (which is pretty much the sole reason I ordered with them), asking if they didn't have one laying around somewhere as I'm not parting with a 266 mhz unit. Also I told them the T&T number didn't return anything. However, before they could possibly answer the original package actually arrived, and I quickly sent them an e-mail telling them about it. So, it arrived a month after I first contacted them.

Upon closer inspection of the big enveloppe they sent me I found a sticker of Royal Mail with the postage date on it. It said 30 November. <_< Gp2x.co.uk had told me it had been shipped at November 17th - so it *appears* they lied about that, as I believe they put these stickers on when the package is first brought into the post office. The strange thing is that 30 November is the date I asked what was going on with my order for the first time (on which they hadn't replied, and later said it was due to mail server problems) - it would almost seem they that they indeed had forgotten about the order, then quickly sent it out after the e-mail, and didn't reply immediatly not to show their mistake, and replying only later that they hadn't received the earlier mail blaming it on the mail server.

It also appears the game Payback which I ordered is missing. After sending them an e-mail about that they told me there should be a note in the package saying the game would come later, but there was no such note in my package.

Worst thing is that they actually said all this stuff about contacting Royal Mail and claiming money, while it very much seems that they were the ones who made the mistake forgetting to send it out - As for Royal mail - they delivered the package in 5 days which is pretty good for Royal Mail Signed For, so they were nothing at all to blame.

I do must say though that Jacquelyn, the girl that sent the replies from gp2x.co.uk, was very polite.

In conclusion I can strongly discourage you to buy from gp2x.co.uk, they're extremely slow and apparantly lying to cover up their mistakes. If this is not the case and there are other ways to explain what happened - then please let me know Jacquelyn or Craigix.

They are either unprofessional or plain lazy. I got my GP2x from there and had a bit of an annoying experience too.. a week after paying for it I had received nothing so I emailed to find out what was up only to get a reply saying "oh the postage option you used isn't available for this product". Ok so why was there a choice of postage when buying if not all were available? And was I supposed to have some sort of psychic dream about this to know I had to sort it out?

Judging by the responses at least I don't feel so alone, I've PMed CraigX and I guess well see what happens. The games I bought were Vektar and Payback.

Thanks for sharing your traumas peoples.....

g0pher posted on Dec 6 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
Judging by the responses at least I don't feel so alone, I've PMed CraigX and I guess well see what happens. The games I bought were Vektar and Payback.

Thanks for sharing your traumas peoples.....
gopher, just remember mate you generally only hear the bad stories. I was bollocked on this board because I actually had the hide to post out of the 'designated thread' that I had a fantastic experience with gp2x.co.uk.

I ordered mine on a Friday with a 1gb SD card and it arrived on the Saturday - the next day for those who can't count - with a 2gb SD card, presumably because they didn't have any of the 1gb cards left.

If thats not great service and looking after the customer I don't know what is.

Don't let the pessimists worry you too much. Also remember it can take 10 to fourteen days for mail to get from the UK to Oz. I live about 11 miles from craig's distribution centre and I am posting stuff to my parents in Australia all the time.

cheers,

I have always bought from gp2x.co.uk from my first gp32 and never have a problem. I ordered Payback about three weeks ago and they emailed me last week to say that it would be shipping within seven days :D No problems here, always been happy with them

Back