Is Gp2x.co.uk A Dodgey Online Store?

Off topic:

Amusing video. I wonder what fucktard wrote the following comment on there...:
notsoniceguy2 (3 hours ago)
somebody tell that dumb faggot Epicenter that this is older than than fuck

H4k3r4r34l posted on Dec 11 2006 at 03:18 AM said:
what else would you expect from a small company in Korea- perfection? I don't think so next time if they make a succesor to the gp2x why dont you (meaning Epi) give them some suggestions but until then don't fuck threads up with your useless banter and gp2x bashing
I made plenty of suggestions, Craig refused them for illogical reasons I already explained, and won't likely be explaining again. Also, GPH doesn't have anyone who speaks comprehensible English, and rarely answers e-mails or even their own support forum.

H4k3r4r34l posted on Dec 11 2006 at 03:18 AM said:
a lot of very pointless words
I already said I wasn't going to continue restating what I already made clear I thought about the GP2X. If you'd read the thread before charging in acting like a self-righteous douche, you'd know that. Thanks for writing!

Your hero,
Epicenter

p.s. Enclosed is an autographed 8x10 glossy. Keep on rockin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Dec 11 2006 at 09:00 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:18 AM said:
kialzzz posted on Dec 10 2006 at 11:16 PM said:
I suspect Epicenter has mellowed recently so perhaps everyone just move on and allow him to be the valuable member of this community he is destined to become? :D
Here's the thing, I was never upset :)

I can think of two future positions for mr. Epicenter -- either as a viral marketer for GamePark (he's going to take back the audience they once had by denigration!) or as a script writer on Star Trek (they need someone to write convincing technobabble, y'know...).
The GP2X does not have nearly enough dilithium crystals to support a proper PSX emulator. GPH IS FUCKING US AGAIN
More power to the DIMM slots!
Seal off the 940 and reroute all available power to the 920!

Jurrasic posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:31 AM said:
I have to thank this otherwise waste-of-a-thread for introducing me to the 'angry German kid'. :)

I still wonder whether the guy is acting... or is he for real?

Epicenter posted on Dec 11 2006 at 08:10 AM said:
SHE CAN'T TAKE IT CAPTAIN
THE MMSP2 IS BECOMING UNSTABLE
Increase data flow to the blitter by 20% and compensate for missed clock cycles using a eulerian algorithm!

I'm impressed how far off topic this thread has gone.

But in conclusion gp2x.co.uk has finally contacted me and my goods are being shipped. It may have been 20 days later but better late than never.

and on another thing: I like my GP2X it's fun to play with, it's open source and I don't care how well its engineered.

thanks for peoples input regarding gp2x.co.uk

Just a :D YES vote for gp2x.co.uk. I got an email from them the same day I managed to glitch my order. Then a confirmation to my reply and the gp2x despatched the next day.
Good communication + fast responses = Thumbs up from me!

After playing a while with my GP2X I discovered the folllowing: my purchased GP2X 275 mhz model does not even clock to 275 mhz stabily!

Seriously, what the hell.

What are they selling these 'tested' units for if they don't even live up to their labeling?

Rincewind posted on Dec 17 2006 at 12:18 AM said:
After playing a while with my GP2X I discovered the folllowing: my purchased GP2X 275 mhz model does not even clock to 275 mhz stabily!

What are they selling these 'tested' units for if they don't even live up to their labeling?
erm, send it back? or was it a 270mhz version?

Return it.

No problem here - ordered, was told it would be 3 days late for dispatch, 3 days later it was sent, got it, love it, end of :D

It's extremely difficult to be a dodgy online store these days (esp in the UK with all its laws and regulations). GP2x.co.uk want to make money - they can't do this to any great degree if they offer a crap service or rip people off...

I knew this would happen eventually..

Goity said:

I ordered a 275 mhz version before they dropped the test speed to 270 mhz and eventually 266 mhz. It does clock to 270 mhz stabily though, so apparantly they sent me a 270 mhz version (which also CERTAINLY limits me to 270 mhz). It's not an incredible disaster as 270 mhz is still pretty decent, but I was hoping the 275 mhz guaranteed model would go even higher than 275 mhz.

And after all, 275 mhz is what I payed for.

Sam Fisher said:
Return it.

Considering the time it took for the package to get here (about a month) I don't think it would be wise to send it back. :(

Rincewind posted on Dec 17 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
Goity said:

I ordered a 275 mhz version before they dropped the test speed to 270 mhz and eventually 266 mhz. It does clock to 270 mhz stabily though, so apparantly they sent me a 270 mhz version (which also CERTAINLY limits me to 270 mhz). It's not an incredible disaster as 270 mhz is still pretty decent, but I was hoping the 275 mhz guaranteed model would go even higher than 275 mhz.

Sam Fisher said:
Return it.

Considering the time it took for the package to get here (about a month) I don't think it would be wise to send it back. :(
Hmm... where do you live? Mine only does about 270 mhz (I got it before the testing began though). There is barely any difference between 275 and 270, so it doesn't really matter.

Rincewind posted on Dec 17 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
Goity said:

Sam Fisher said:
Return it.

I dont remember how high mine goes, it changes depending on batteries used, their temperature etc. However I cannot get to 280, I remember that much.

Goity said:
Hmm... where do you live? Mine only does about 270 mhz (I got it before the testing began though). There is barely any difference between 275 and 270, so it doesn't really matter.

The Netherlands - just over the North Sea. :) Well on average it is about 2 fps in randomly played roms in SquidgeSnes, I can figure so much before the gp2x freezes.

Sam Fisher said:
I dont remember how high mine goes, it changes depending on batteries used, their temperature etc. However I cannot get to 280, I remember that much.

And you have a 275 mhz model? So then I was too optimistic that a 275 mhz model would go even higher. At least the loss is certainly only that 5 mhz then.

You know I was wondering - is the bottleneck actually the CPU or the memory not being able to keep up with it? Because it seems strange for a cpu crash to have the screen frozen and the music still playing.

Rincewind posted on Dec 17 2006 at 05:25 PM said:
Goity said:

The Netherlands - just over the North Sea. :) Well on average it is about 2 fps in randomly played roms in SquidgeSnes, I can figure so much before the gp2x freezes.

Sam Fisher said:

And you have a 275 mhz model? So then I was too optimistic that a 275 mhz model would go even higher. At least the loss is certainly only that 5 mhz then.

You know I was wondering - is the bottleneck actually the CPU or the memory not being able to keep up with it? Because it seems strange for a cpu crash to have the screen frozen and the music still playing.
No, I have a 200mhz model from this time last year...

subcon959 said:
Have you tried with a PSU?
Yep. For me there isn't any difference in overclockability between playing with a net adapter or with batteries.

Back