Batteries With The F200 From Gp2x.co.uk

deluded

When I pre-ordered my F200 many months ago, gp2x.co.uk was advertising that it came with 4 free 2500mAh batteries. However, when it arrived, I only got 2 :(

I asked them about it, and got the following reply:

Sorry you only received 2 batteries - Gamepark did not include any batteries as expected with the new console - which meant we had to purchase them separately the same day we received the shipment and could not acquire enough stock to include 4 batteries. If you email me next week we may have further stock and I will despatch 2 more.

I have emailed them once a week since then, and was initially told they still have no stock. My last few emails have simply been ignored.

Did anyone else manage to get all 4 batteries?? Has anyone heard from gp2x.co.uk recently?

At the moment I'm having to raid the wii controller when the F200 runs out of juice - not an ideal solution ;)

gp2x.co.uk seem to have an over active spam checker at times. If you send the same email each week, then the chances are your email has now been regarded as spam, and thrown away before it even reaches someone.

BTW, does GP2X work with common non-rechargable batteries? If it does then for how long?

Gr.Viper said:
BTW, does GP2X work with common non-rechargable batteries? If it does then for how long?
People report them to last 10 to 30 minutes, however my MK2 doesn't get past the second loading screen with anything but NiMhs :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex. said:
Gr.Viper said:
People report them to last 10 to 30 minutes, however my MK2 doesn't get past the second loading screen with anything but NiMhs :)

Wonder what the new Lithium AA's are like?

I got no batteries with my GP2X, from the .co.uk site

liquidphantom said:
Wonder what the new Lithium AA's are like?
Amazon.com Product Description
The Energizer AA lithium battery lasts five times as long as alkaline batteries in digital cameras, three times as long as batteries in other cameras and flash applications, and weighs less than typical AA batteries. It performs in extreme temperatures, from -40 degrees to 140 degrees F. Pack of two.

Product Description
All of Energizer e2 Lithium batteries' advantages combine to make them the World's Best AA batteries in high tech devices. First, they are the longest lasting AA batteries in high-tech devices, bar none. Second, both the Energizer e2 Lithium AA are 33 percent lighter than their alkaline counterparts. The increased portability afforded the user make them ideal for travel and situations where every ounce counts. Third, Energizer e2 Lithium batteries perform well in extreme temperatures, allowing digital cameras, flashes, CD players or MP3 players to work from the Arctic to the Sahara. Lastly, Energizer e2 Lithium batteries have a shelf life of up to 15 years vs. 7 years with ordinary alkaline, guaranteeing that they will perform when needed.

Too bad they're not rechargable. Batteries do add a lot of weight to the GP2X...

The 2 batteries I got with it are great (2700mAh I think).

Just a shame that they can't be bothered to complete the order and send out the 2 remaining batteries.

Samba Pa Ti said:
buy some batterys yourself, i had to (didnt get any with my mk2, and didnt expect them.)
It was clearly advertised with 4 AA NiMh batteries when I pre-ordered. So don't see why I should have to pay more money because gp2x.co.uk can't be bothered to complete my order.

Can't see myself using gp2x.co.uk again - would rather use PlayAsia who will probably manage to deliver quicker anyway.

these sortof items that use AA batterys dont usually come with them (cameras/mp3 players), why not just buy some instead of struggling and complaining about it here?

i cant actually see where it says it comes with batterys on the gp2x.co.uk site (maybe they removed it), they were bundled as "free" batterys since the price is the same with or without them...

Yes, they removed the batteries from the web page a bit before the F200 was released. I guess they realised at that point that GPH weren't going to send any.

One of the reasons I bought from gp2x.co.uk rather than PlayAsia was the free batteries.

And most stuff these days does come with batteries, either built in, or a free set to get you going. When you compair the gp2x to the DS / PSP, it seems silly that it's still using standard AAs, and even sillier that you dont get any batteries as standard.

you honestly bought from gp2x.co.uk just because of £3 worth of free batteries?

Many people will confirm that support from gp2x.co.uk is good, if they recieve your email. I'd rather buy in this country and know that i can send back if there's any problems.

And I thought gp2x.co.uk dispatch quite quickly, via special delivery next day?

But honestly, the batteries are like, £3 for 4, get over it.

Edit:

And yes, GPH could have included batteries as standard, and a SD card, but then the price would increase accordingly...i guess at least we get a choice now.. (and i don't see that this is gp2x.co.uk fault, nor that the gp2x uses standard AA's - and many people like the fact that it uses standard AA's)

I'm sure trading standards would argue that gp2x.co.uk is at fault...

And to be honest, I doubt I'd see the F200 in a hurry if I had to return it.

i dont think play-asia gives away free batterys with their gp2x's (maybe free bubble gum) i usually get freecrap when i buy stuff off play asia, like a DS usb charger when i bought a gp2x ac adapter...

deluded said:
I'm sure trading standards would argue that gp2x.co.uk is at fault...
only after seeing the "evidence". Do you have printouts of the web pages which stated the free battery offer and terms/conditions? (in case the terms said "Whilst stocks last" for example). Without this, they are unlikely to do anything other than ask for the value of the missing batteries (approx £2?) and then tell you it'll be a lot easier to just buy your own.

However, if you really want to go down the road of demanding gp2x complete your order (assuming the T&C's didn't say something like above), then the first thing to do is send a recorded delivery letter to them explaining in writing what has happened, and what you would like. Take note however that this will probably cost the same as the batteries anyway...

Of course, i understand your disappointment, but you should have just returned it if you were really that bothered. Though i'm sure they will send you your two batteries as soon as they can.

deluded said:
And to be honest, I doubt I'd see the F200 in a hurry if I had to return it.
I had to send my first edition gp2x back, and got a new unit delivered within a couple of days.

Squidge said:
only after seeing the "evidence". Do you have printouts of the web pages which stated the free battery offer and terms/conditions? (in case the terms said "Whilst stocks last" for example). Without this, they are unlikely to do anything other than ask for the value of the missing batteries (approx £2?) and then tell you it'll be a lot easier to just buy your own.

However, if you really want to go down the road of demanding gp2x complete your order (assuming the T&C's didn't say something like above), then the first thing to do is send a recorded delivery letter to them explaining in writing what has happened, and what you would like. Take note however that this will probably cost the same as the batteries anyway...
Evidence includes the email they sent agreeing to supply the batteries :) Unfortuately the google cache has been updated so doesn't show the original offer anymore.

Obviously I'm not going to go to trading standards over 2 batteries - will probably cost me more on stamps than what the batteries are worth. However since it is only 2 batteries, I can't see why they're having so much trouble supplying them. Since they can offer £7 per order on the affiliate scheme, I'm sure it wont eat in to their profit too much.

Oh, and the CD I got didn't work either (but it's a copy of the archive so no big loss there :) )

Evidence includes the email they sent agreeing to supply the batteries :) Unfortuately the google cache has been updated so doesn't show the original offer anymore.

Obviously I'm not going to go to trading standards over 2 batteries - will probably cost me more on stamps than what the batteries are worth. However since it is only 2 batteries, I can't see why they're having so much trouble supplying them. Since they can offer £7 per order on the affiliate scheme, I'm sure it wont eat in to their profit too much.

Oh, and the CD I got didn't work either (but it's a copy of the archive so no big loss there :) )

lol, i think quite a few of the CDs have come out dud.

remember though, with the nice variety of issues the gp2x has, the batteries should be the least of your concern ;)

deluded said:
However since it is only 2 batteries, I can't see why they're having so much trouble supplying them. Since they can offer £7 per order on the affiliate scheme, I'm sure it wont eat in to their profit too much.
Maybe they don't have any batteries left? If they'd have to send someone out to buy 2 batteries to send to you, then that would be battery cost + postage + lost wages, it soon adds up and I'm sure everyone knows Craigix is counting the pennies due to his new business adventure...

Back