Is Gp2x.co.uk Scamming People?

Draken posted on Aug 8 2006 at 05:09 PM said:
By the way, has the original post been answered yet?

... yes, he's not scamming anyone ... just lax in the "updating the web site dept." ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a bit off topic, but when are the power supply's being re-stocked? (i need one!!)

also vektar is being shipped...crap i need 20 bucks!

I'm glad my predicament is such fun to you guys! :angry:

Now, seriously I have heard from gp2x.co.uk and they are working on my refund (or so I hope). Anyways, I'm buying Vektar from another seller, and hope they don't screw up. I'm just sorry that gp2x.co.uk was so bad handling the whole situation - their loss.

Pardon me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't it ED Craig (GP2X.co.uk) who's distributing it in the first place?

In which case, bad move, Sar. My guess is that the ones to get it first once it ships are the ones who bought it through gp2x.co.uk

Just so you know, Vektar just barely began shipping. It was on pre-order before.

Magnulus posted on Aug 10 2006 at 10:00 AM said:
Pardon me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't it Craig (GP2X.co.uk) who's distributing it in the first place?
Yup. He started with my freeware version and wrote the rest of the code himself.

sardaukar posted on Aug 10 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
I'm glad my predicament is such fun to you guys! :angry:

Now, seriously I have heard from gp2x.co.uk and they are working on my refund (or so I hope). Anyways, I'm buying Vektar from another seller, and hope they don't screw up. I'm just sorry that gp2x.co.uk was so bad handling the whole situation - their loss.

:D

Just kidding about you guys being sadistic enough to find my ordeal funny. Maybe you guys are just 1% below the sadistic threshold. :lol:

Well, to be serious for a moment; The other people have already mentioned that it has barely started shipping just recently, so there wasn't really any need to ask for a refund, though I understand that you may be tired of waiting.

On the topic of the refund, I know how easily these things can take time in a small company. I work in a local photo store myself, and there are a few things we're just not big enough to have any well established routines for, because they don't happen enough to force us to establish routines for them. This might be the case with the refunds. In general, if a refund takes a long time, you should remind them regularly, but being overly angry will not make them do it quicker. They won't do it SLOWER, either, if you are angry-sounding and uncourt but they'll do it as fast as they can with a smile and a sincere apology rather than a growl and a superficial "Sorry" if you apply common courtesy.

I'm not saying you have no right to be angry or that refunds SHOULD take a long time, but it's never a bad thing with a bit of understanding for the fact that it's not always things go according to plan.

sardaukar posted on Aug 10 2006 at 10:20 AM said:
Just kidding about you guys being sadistic enough to find my ordeal funny. Maybe you guys are just 1% below the sadistic threshold. :lol:
I know it can be frustrating if you pre-order something and it isn't delivered in the timeframe that was expected (or if it wasn't even clear to you that it was a "preorder"). I think we've all been there. It sucks.

The amusement comes from two ironies: first, that the product is actually shipping now (so the fastest way to get it is to just not cancel your order). second, that even if you do order it from somebody else and wait another week or two to get it, most of the money will still go to gp2x.co.uk m since they are the manufacturer of the product.

Back