Instant Pandora with a premium?

Well I had a very nice email from sales@

Preorders are closed.

The only option is to order a Premium Pandora.

The Premium Pandora may not be available at the moment.

:unsure:

Prolly couldnt have afforded it anyway!

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. Are preorders filled or is batch 2 closed?

Did you get any info about that from your email,Mckenic?

Hey man!

Im not sure how cool it would be to post the email I got but it did say:

The second batch pre-orders are now closed.

[edit]Sorry re-reading that it looks like a conspiracy - no more info just preorders are over and premium is the way to go.[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine. I understand that.

Gah, that sucks.... So what are you thinking of doing?

My credit card is due next week so I have a little to spend once its paid...

Only trouble is its a student card so my limit is €350 :D

Think I have to wait to see what sales say about the Premium and the total € (and bash myself on the head for waiting this long to order)!

I wonder would Craig accept installments :)

I think the cost in euros in €370, not including VAT, if that applies to you. Sorry to hear that you're in such a position. I hope that gets resolved.

*Eridger feels slightly bad about ordering two Pandoras now. :unsure: *

Not at all mate!!!

Im wondering if I know anyone with a VAT cert that could order it for me :)

Worst case - I'll try pick one up used when the first two batches are out for a few months and yer all bored playing around! :lol:

If this means I can have my Pandora in a matter of days instead of months, I am all for this. I'm deploying overseas in a few months and I really want my Pandora to come with me to fight the boredom when I'm not busy fighting the Taliban.

I just sent an email about upgrading my Batch 2 order to this Instant Pandora thingy. Fingers crossed.

Not at all mate!!!

Im wondering if I know anyone with a VAT cert that could order it for me :)

Worst case - I'll try pick one up used when the first two batches are out for a few months and yer all bored playing around! :lol:
What you could always do is use your credit card to buy a prepaid gift card and kick in the rest of the money in cash or however you have it... Then use the gift card with more funds than you need to purchase the Pandora! I would think that's the best solution because you'll get raped on eBay...

Hello all,

I have a little problem.

I ordered a pandora last year in august (2010) at the german shop (shop.gp2x.de) and paid already 330Euro.

Now i want to pay the difference to get the pandora earlier. (should be about 108Euro?)

But how can i do that?

I wrote two mails to evildragon last week and a mail to craig but didnot get an answer yet.

Should i order a new one and cancel my old order?

Please help :)

Thanks all

So here's a quickie, when you upgrade to the Premium, does it mean it'll be shipped between 1-7 days or shipped on the 7th?

I ordered ages ago, figured it'd be good to give them a bit of extra money so I upgraded :D

Abanest, welcome and good luck with Afghanistan. Maybe you can get OBL a Pandora and he'll see the wonders of capitalism and call a ceasefire.

SoniX, its best to email to ask to be upgraded than it is to cancel and re-order as the OPT take a hit in a cancellation charge IIRC. The 'summary thread' advises to email Jacquelyn but as you bought from ED, I would think he is the person. He is no doubt busy though, which may explain not hearing anything back yet.

Critical _Impact, its too soon to know the answer to that yet, as it hasnt been 7 days since the premium sales began. Craigix did mention however, that it was proving better to build up larger batches for fewer postal runs, as it costs time and more money to keep posting smaller batches.

Should i order a new one and cancel my old order?

Please help :)

i think they mentionned somewhere that cancelling costs money (maybe from money transfers or something) so it's best to just upgrade instead of re-order

Its just dawned on me that $500 is (very roughly) £30 extra.... so the device has only gone up £30 in 2 years - thats not too bad, a little irksom that people ordering now can skip the queue... ah well - at least it gives me confidence that the pandora 2 will be a realistic price.... ;)

mind you how Craig's going to make a quadcore 2ghz, nvidia gfx 1680x1050 resolution capacitence touch screen lcd, 20hr battery life, gps, 3g, 3 axis accelerator with smaller form factor for just £250 I don't know but I just can't wait! (can you tell i've been reading the pandora2 threads.... :D )

mind you how Craig's going to make a quadcore 2ghz, nvidia gfx 1680x1050 resolution capacitence touch screen lcd, 20hr battery life, gps, 3g, 3 axis accelerator with smaller form factor for just £250 I don't know but I just can't wait! (can you tell i've been reading the pandora2 threads.... :D )
Black magic. Pandora units aren't made by human hands, they just come out of a Bloodforge.

Its just dawned on me that $500 is (very roughly) £30 extra.... so the device has only gone up £30 in 2 years - thats not too bad, a little irksom that people ordering now can skip the queue... ah well - at least it gives me confidence that the pandora 2 will be a realistic price.... ;)

You forgot about VAT, there. It's £379 with VAT. Granted, VAT's gone up, but it's a fair bit more that it's gone up, then.

What must be the most frustrating thing for OpenPandora is that they are creating a device on which they don't make any profit, but some people who bought them are selling them for €500 to €1250 a piece on eBay.

Back