Instant Pandora with a premium?

Yay, I also just received my upgrade email from Jacquelyn! I think it's great that she is working on a Sunday just so all of us crazy Pandorians can get our Pandoras faster. Someone should send her a box of chocolates (I would but I don't know the address...)! :)

Nawww, haven't had a reply yet :( when did you email??

I have never, in all my life, had anything approaching a normal sleeping pattern. My body just seems insistent on being on a 26 hour clock.

Because of this (and many other reasons I suppose) I'm totally unemployable.

I have similar sleep problems, which I eventually have reined in by taking melatonin supplements on and off (they're over the counter here). The body secretes it at night as part of making you feel tired. It also stops secreting it when you turn on the lights, which is something important to think about at night. In the long term, you have to avoid developing a tolerance on it, but if you take it early enough (i.e 8-10PM, with a stronger dose because it's so early), then the next few days you can get to sleep naturally just by virtue of having woken up so early the next morning.

Yay, I also just received my upgrade email from Jacquelyn! I think it's great that she is working on a Sunday just so all of us crazy Pandorians can get our Pandoras faster. Someone should send her a box of chocolates (I would but I don't know the address...)! :)

On Friday I asked if it's possible and today I received the Google checkout mail.

On Friday I asked if it's possible and today I received the Google checkout mail.

Awesome. I'll just have to wait by my inbox and see what happens lol. Thanks.

I have never, in all my life, had anything approaching a normal sleeping pattern. My body just seems insistent on being on a 26 hour clock.

You probably have Non-24-hour sleep-wake syndrome. I have Delayed sleep phase syndrome, which, like Linopony I manage with melatonin. Which is good since I have to get up at 5AM Monday through Friday.

My personal input is go for it. I see Pandora a being a great community device and I'm more interested in the success of the Pandora than when I get my particular device (though it sounds like this will help with both).

I have the exact same problem. I always feel a day is a couple of hours short to get me into a good sleeping pattern.

I don't go to sleep before I'm absolutely nackered because otherwise I'll just lie in bed with my mind racing.

And if I get a good nights sleep it just means I cut into my sleeping time the next night and the day after I'm a wreck again.

My biggest problem with all this is that I'm not a person that functions well with 5-6 hours sleep a night. I really need my 7-8 hours. One day is fine , two also but more then that and I start performing badly all day.

Being self employed thus help a lot as I can schedule myself in such a way that I have some sort of workable sleeping schedule. I'm always up hours later then my wife and kids. I'd make a great vampire!

Hi Carig!

Hope your better today mate! Is there a 'grace' period where I could order at the old price? If not, the new price is $500 right? What is being charged in € please and is it possible to place an order?

Get well soon!

Hi Carig!

Hope your better today mate! Is there a 'grace' period where I could order at the old price? If not, the new price is $500 right? What is being charged in € please and is it possible to place an order?

Get well soon!

The old price is history as far as I know. And I was going to link you to the order website, but it seems to be broken... :/ Edit: Working now!

Edit: lol Carig! :lol:

Edit2: To sig or not to sig... I bet carig would ask for my order # if I made that my sig... Oh the dilemma!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think melatonin's illegal in the UK.
That's surprising, I'd think that at most it would require a prescription if even that. Personally, I mostly fixed my sleep problems with one of these: http://www.myzeo.com/

Love the new photos, I would like information as to roughly where we are in the que, at this point I think we only know what the total released number is not necessarily how many orders have been filled.

Shipments take 3 days. Something shipped on a friday will always arrive on a monday. We currently have approx 250 boards here now, with more on the way.

Odd. Past status updates have certainly made it appear longer. But sure.

And did the 500 boards end up shipping on Friday, as CC promised?

I have proposal.

Please, do not disturb production process, or auditory, with informations/questions that NO OTHER COMPANY will share with auditorium. It is all up their will how OPT will arange it's bussines. Only reason that OPT was extremely open to the public is/was, because of embarrassment circumstances that happened. OPT do not have obligations to do it anymore.

SO, if you are really interested/want help at details of production process, please ask Craigix @PM. And please, write at the beginning "if you don't answer me, I'll have to ask it at forum, public".

DO NOT TAKE PRESSURE ANYMORE.

"I was under the impression that you didn't have terribly many"... "I'd be very surprised if they arrived"...

Who cares how do you (bad) feel, why do we have to share your
FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt)?

@Mods: Could you reformulate it, and put somewhere at beginning as a sticky? If you don't want to make some weird Guiness World Record, those mega-threads have not sense; on the contrary just disturb ppl & got any sense

edit: it is probably "production process" instead "producing process"; english stinks anyway <_<

No fear. Just a lack of clarity (uncertainty, if you prefer), which I asked to be re-explained. I'll notice that a question about some even more ambiguous statements was left completely ignored. Doubt and uncertainty are both normal, and in this case, none of what I'm suggesting is unfounded (read your Wikipedia link), since I've done quite a lot of researching to to estimate what's happened in the past month or so.

While you're right that OPT has no obligation to provide information, they've told previously that they want everything to be transparent, and they've given it in the past. It's not just because of embarrassing circumstances - they wanted to not do what other companies did. Stopping all reporting now would be very suspicious.

And don't tell me that my questions are going to disturb the production process. Because now Craig has created an entire section of the forum dedicated to having people ask him random questions, that he'll try to answer (he's already responded to a fair number). And while I don't begrudge him this in any way, you can't tell me that it's in any way less disruptive than my questions about the production process. (Perhaps I should ask mine there? Hmm.)

If you have a problem with my phrasing, it's my attempt to soften the harshness, but perhaps you're missing it as English seems not to be your native language.

You don't like my questions? Fine. You're free to ignore them, or block my posts. But other people have told me that they like (and appreciate) my questions, so don't tell me that they have no sense, and disturb everyone. I want to ask the things that no one else seems to be asking, or perhaps daring to ask. Could I ask in a private setting? Maybe. But don't believe it's any more likely to get a response (certainly not with a threat of making it public), and part of the purpose is to have others see the question and response. I believe other people need to have the inconsistencies shown, and I won't be made into a yes-man by having you demand that I ask my questions more quietly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Carig!

Get well soon!

The old price is history as far as I know. And I was going to link you to the order website, but it seems to be broken... :/ Edit: Working now!

Edit2: To sig or not to sig... I bet carig would ask for my order # if I made that my sig... Oh the dilemma!

:D

Yep dont want to be bothering Carig! {See - Im trying to decide what to do and trying to get it done quick - I should slow down and think about what Im typin!}

Cant seem to get on the order page at all :unsure:

If I could buy now for €330 and wait 2 months - Id do that.

If I could buy now and the $500 price was whatever the rate is €370ish - Id do that.

If I could buy now and $500 becomes €500 - I couldnt do that.

I just cant bloody buy now that things are working and I actually have cash!

Sorry for the typo Craig! :D Get better!

Hi Carig!

Get well soon!

Yep dont want to be bothering Carig! {See - Im trying to decide what to do and trying to get it done quick - I should slow down and think about what Im typin!}

If I could buy now and the $500 price was whatever the rate is €370ish - Id do that.

I'll bet Craig is in the process of moving servers right now. Must be such an annoyance to announce something like this and suddenly *poof* server goes down.

I'll bet Craig is in the process of moving servers right now. Must be such an annoyance to announce something like this and suddenly *poof* server goes down.

Yeah and with it being the weekend also must slow things down!

From my side it was -

Oh, they seem to be shipping out units fairly well now.

Oh, I have a little money.

Oh crap, the price is gonna move and I might not be able.

Oh crap, I better order real quick.

Oh crap - wheres the website!

;)

I think before the order page went down it was 500$/366€. When I upgraded I had to pay an additional 20% VAT, so I think it would be 439€ (maybe depending on where you live?). At least not 500€. :)

Well, if websites like Engadget and the likes start posting stuff about your products, including links to your website, you are going to get in trouble if you don't have a super-duper server running your website. Or some ass discovered your website has a few leaks in the code here and there, and they completely destroy the whole thing. I really hope it's the first problem and everything will go back to normal this week.

Back