Instant Pandora with a premium?

With all these Premiums the production of normal units must really be flying now!

mmmm you would think so - but certainly for last week, it appeared most of the forum members that received their pandora's had upgraded to premium orders. Of course Craig was ill, and we haven't heard how many premium orders were sent out last week, and how many non-premium orders were sent out. It would be great if Craig could publish figures of pandora's sent out each week - premiums compared to non-premiums.

So any of you non-premium guys received a pandora last week/this week - or at least a confirmation?

mrcrancy's unit arrived in Philadelphia this morning:

Craig, have you got more people working for you now that you've got the extra cash coming in? I don't know if it's just me but the number of people receiving their orders doesn't seem to be increasing and most of them are queue jump people anyway.

Well tomorrow (If UPS are good chaps) we should have 300 new boards to get going with, we really want to try to do all those in 2.5 days.

Also these are the first boards with the shoulder microswitches apparently in exactly the right place,

I was just wondering how many boards you still need to use up before 'Premium Pandoras' are built with these new boards?

I'm awaiting a response from Jacquelyn (regarding something else), that could mean I'll be able to upgrade in the next few days. :)

*fingers crossed*!

I'm totally defrauded for that project, I'm still waiting form my pandora from batch 1, and now you are saying that someone that pay more than me now will have it before me? In only 7 days?

Ok that's the drop that floods the cup, I want my money back. NOW, without delays of any kind, more than two years of waiting is enough. I was in love about this project, I was indeed ready to invest in some pandoras as sell them on my shop with barelly no margin, and as I do with other FOSS oriented hardware collaborate in improve the software or promote it on events, but now I just feel totally cheated.

Hope you guys have your pandora soon , I have lost the faith.

You will receive a mail from me soon requesting that money return.

I'm totally defrauded for that project, I'm still waiting form my pandora from batch 1, and now you are saying that someone that pay more than me now will have it before me? In only 7 days?

Ok that's the drop that floods the cup, I want my money back. NOW, without delays of any kind, more than two years of waiting is enough. I was in love about this project, I was indeed ready to invest in some pandoras as sell them on my shop with barelly no margin, and as I do with other FOSS oriented hardware collaborate in improve the software or promote it on events, but now I just feel totally cheated.

Another spot for a 7-day Pandora has been openened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to give you a little boost, in case you don't / can't follow the german forum.

There are at least 3 non-premium pandoras that arrived on 2.2.2011 in germany.

So it seems to me delivery is still going steady :)

Just to give you a little boost, in case you don't / can't follow the german forum.

So only 12 total that were not premium order shipped last week? I wonder how many of those were RMAs?

EDIT: I"m guessing you meant 30?

So only 12 total that were not premium order shipped last week? I wonder how many of those were RMAs?

EDIT: I"m guessing you meant 30?

Eerr... no I meant 3. But they arrived all in one day. And germany just gets 1/4th of all pandoras.

I really don't think they only shipped 12 non-premium in total last week.

...eeek... ED HELP ME! :D

I received my Pandora 'posted' email!

Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the next 24 hours (weekends not always included), if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12 days in most cases.

We want to thank you for sticking with the Pandora project for all this time. We hope you will enjoy the final product. You can head over to openpandora.org to talk on the forums and soon enjoy your Pandora.

Thanks so much,

Craig and the Pandora team.

Upgraded on the 2nd, payment confirmed on the 3rd, and posted on the 9th - which happens to be my birthday. Thank you, Pandora team, for keeping the schedule you promised with this upgrade.

Now I just have to wait for the unholy long process of international shipment. Well, actually, in my experience from many, many Ebay purchases, UK to Australia postage is usually pretty speedy (when compared with USA to Australia).

Another spot for a 7-day Pandora has been openened!
This just goes to show the stupidity of some of the members on this forum recently.

A guy that actually sells hardware in a shop and could order in bulk from OpenPandora supporting the project no end says that he wants his money back and all people can think about is that his will just get sold for more money anyway. Short term gain FTW.

This project sucks!

I'd ask for my money back too but I still want my Pandora that I ordered over 2 years ago. Plus if I didn't end up getting one after all this time my friends and family would never let me forget it.

Now I just have to wait for the unholy long process of international shipment.

Not sure if you did UPS shipping, but I had mine shipped to the US in less than a week and that was even with a snow delay (snowpocalypse). It was pretty amazing actually.

Upgraded on the 2nd, payment confirmed on the 3rd, and posted on the 9th - which happens to be my birthday. Thank you, Pandora team, for keeping the schedule you promised with this upgrade.

Now I just have to wait for the unholy long process of international shipment. Well, actually, in my experience from many, many Ebay purchases, UK to Australia postage is usually pretty speedy (when compared with USA to Australia).

Grats and happy birthday :D

Have a Fosters on me :p

...all people can think about is that his will just get sold for more money anyway. Short term gain FTW.

Not all people. This was just a simple, sarcastic comment from one guy.

@tuxbrain: Would you consider not canceling if you wouldn't have to pay for a "premium" upgrade? PM me...

...all people can think about is that his will just get sold for more money anyway. Short term gain FTW.

Not all people. This was just a simple, sarcastic comment from one guy.

@tuxbrain: Would you consider not canceling if you wouldn't have to pay for a "premium" upgrade? PM me...
I wasn't just on about this one comment that's the problem.

Openpandora have recently adopted the stance.. "If you don't like it you can always cancel". This is never good for a business; especially one that only had a limited user base to start off with and after Openpandora said that they would stand by the people who helped them get setup by pre-ordering. Even EvilDragon's started saying it recently :(

why wait nearly 2 years to get yourself all wound up over something that will barely affect the speed you get your pandora just as delivery is round the corner? i don't get all the raging. we managed to shut down all this crazy on the other forum. batch 1-ers are insane if they're thinking of cancelling now. hell, even grit your teeth, wait for your unit and sell it on at a premium. at least that way you get something out of all the waiting to hopefully dull the pain. cancelling now is retarded from all possible angles.

why wait nearly 2 years to get yourself all wound up over something that will barely affect the speed you get your pandora just as delivery is round the corner? i don't get all the raging. we managed to shut down all this crazy on the other forum. batch 1-ers are insane if they're thinking of cancelling now. hell, even grit your teeth, wait for your unit and sell it on at a premium. at least that way you get something out of all the waiting to hopefully dull the pain. cancelling now is retarded from all possible angles.
I have to agree here, should have waited till you get it, raise the price $100 and sell it on ebay... that would still be $50 cheaper than what someone can get if they ordered today.

that way you would have at least gotten something for your wait, even if it was $100 that's still a pretty good return on investment of $300

just sayin

I have to agree here, should have waited till you get it, raise the price $100 and sell it on ebay... that would still be $50 cheaper than what someone can get if they ordered today.

that way you would have at least gotten something for your wait, even if it was $100 that's still a pretty good return on investment of $300

just sayin

exactly, and hey, at least that way you get to hold it and maybe even give it a go, see if actually having it softens any woes.

Because it's gone from people feeling like they have contributed to the project, to feeling like they have been used for the past 2 years that's why. Why should people not complain about that just to make new users on the boards feel better?

It didn't get crazy on the other forum, it just wasn't worth arguing with people who were only regurgitating the crap that OpenPandora had said. After 4 pages of the same stuff it got a little boring. Which ever way you look at it OpenPandora broke the law and people have a right to complain if they want to.

I'll no doubt get the same amount of enjoyment out of the Pandora when it arrives but that doesn't mean that I should kiss Craigs arse and act like every things peachy does it?

Which ever way you look at it OpenPandora broke the law and people have a right to complain if they want to.

I'll no doubt get the same amount of enjoyment out of the Pandora when it arrives but that doesn't mean that I should kiss Craigs arse and act like every things peachy does it?

Ah the law of the internet? Go git em shiriff!!!

Back