Instant Pandora with a premium?

The problem is: I'm one myself, I was just in a haste...

If my girl would read this she'd probably beat me to death with a Tennant-Action-Figure ;)
Just tell her you're being old school. While the "Who" was eventually dropped, it was used as a gag several times in the very early black and whites, and The Doctor even referred to himself as "Doctor W" and "Qui Quo Qua" or whatever it was (the three forms of "who" in Latin) in the early colour seasons as well.

I always thought they should have brought back the Doctor Who gags.

"I am the Doctor"

"Doctor? Doctor who?"

"Yes, exactly"

LOL

Just tell her you're being old school. While the "Who" was eventually dropped, it was used as a gag several times in the very early black and whites, and The Doctor even referred to himself as "Doctor W" and "Qui Quo Qua" or whatever it was (the three forms of "who" in Latin) in the early colour seasons as well.

I always thought they should have brought back the Doctor Who gags.

"I am the Doctor"

"Doctor? Doctor who?"

"Yes, exactly"

LOL

I just know the newer series and as I recall they used this gag several times... :)

Actually you will receive it within the next 7 days to me means get it within 7 days.

But "These units ship within 7 days." isn't really open to interpretation, but if it was then personally I would have contacted the sales and asked for confirmation of the meaning, instead of stressing over it.

You're looking at a different page. I'm talking about under "Where to buy", on the main site.

I don't know if I recently entered some sort parallel universe, but the world I use to live in, the vast majority of fluent English speakers knew what the phrase "delivered to you" means. Something is only delivered once it arrives at it destination. The issue isn't that the text is unclear or ambiguous, it's just inaccurate, that's why it should be changed.

Actually you will receive it within the next 7 days to me means get it within 7 days.

But "These units ship within 7 days." isn't really open to interpretation, but if it was then personally I would have contacted the sales and asked for confirmation of the meaning, instead of stressing over it.

You're looking at a different page. I'm talking about under "Where to buy", on the main site.

I don't know if I recently entered some sort parallel universe, but the world I use to live in, the vast majority of fluent English speakers knew what the phrase "delivered to you" means. Something is only delivered once it arrives at it destination. The issue isn't that the text is unclear or ambiguous, it's just inaccurate, that's why it should be changed.

I'm guessing this is where most ppl brought their PP from as it has the buy widgets...

http://gbax.com/pandoraprivate.html

Of course keep harping on about the inaccuracy of the where to buy page which actually doesn't have the add to cart button. The page I am referring to is much closer to the purchase process then the one you are on about, so Mr fluent English speaker which is more pertinent to the purchase process? Yes yes it is the one that backs your argument more :huh:

You can pull as many web dictionary definitions as you like, but personally when anyone I spoken to delivers something they basically have stuck it in the post/couriers/on the road. That includes blue chip companies delivering 50KGBP + of kit. Hence that is why I recommend contacting the company and clarifying any issues before making a purchase. But then again if people did that, how would they rant on the interwebs???

Last edited by a moderator:
This should have been done sooner.... Link

Edit: A delivery begins once an item leaves it's origin. Said delivery is then complete upon reception of said item. Lawyered!

Edit: A delivery begins once an item leaves it's origin. Said delivery is then complete upon reception of said item. Lawyered!
I'd consider myself lawyered if it wasn't Wikipedia.

While I don't doubt that some usage of the term can essentially be a synonym for 'dispatched', that is more likely due to a localised usage than convention. Anyway, the point is relatively moot, as the shop page (though not the one on the official website) has already been changed to use clearer terminology.

I'd consider myself lawyered if it wasn't Wikipedia.

While I don't doubt that some usage of the term can essentially be a synonym for 'dispatched', that is more likely due to a localised usage than convention. Anyway, the point is relatively moot, as the shop page (though not the one on the official website) has already been changed to use clearer terminology.
^ Amen. Yeah, you're right though, wikipedia is kind of weak, but for the non believers here's Merriam-Websters.

I'm guessing you mean point "2.a : to take and hand over to or leave for another : convey <deliver a package> "

As long as they hand over the package to the courier before 7 working days are up they are safe. Thanks for the link ;)

No, no war. That wasn't at all my intention. I hope everyone actually gets their Pandora as soon as possible. The more the merrier! :D

Edit: sp. check.

No, no war. That wasn't at all my intention. I hope everyone actually gets their Pandora as soon as possible. The more the merrier! :D

Edit: sp. check.

I just used the word for the cheap "war of the worlds"-reference-gag.

Damn... since I ordered that second premium pandora I'm more impatient than ever...

So by my reckoning, 500 bucks is £310 right ? So I can get a premium pandora for an extra £40 on top of my current order ?

With all these Premiums the production of normal units must really be flying now! Have we got some figures on how many "normal" units a week the team are shipping these days? I think I was about 3500 in the queue, so I wonder if I'm only a couple of months away now?

It's hard to decide about upgrading to Premium, very tempting, but if I could be sure of the date my unit would be shipped "Without" upgrade it would be easier to make a decision.

Very tempting indeed! :)

With all these Premiums the production of normal units must really be flying now!

mmmm you would think so - but certainly for last week, it appeared most of the forum members that received their pandora's had upgraded to premium orders. Of course Craig was ill, and we haven't heard how many premium orders were sent out last week, and how many non-premium orders were sent out. It would be great if Craig could publish figures of pandora's sent out each week - premiums compared to non-premiums.

So any of you non-premium guys received a pandora last week/this week - or at least a confirmation?

Back