Information for interested customers

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
So, you've read a lot about the Pandora and are interested in getting one.

But when you browse the net, you find a lot about preordering with long waiting times?

Do not worry - these days are long over.

The Pandora is available from stock and can be bought with instant shipping.

To find a list of shops where you can buy them, head here.

Different types of Pandoras

There's more than one type of Pandora available, but the most common one these days is the 1GHz one.

Nevertheless, it is still possible getting the other units (for a cheaper price) as well:

All new Pandoras come in a silver case, which is more robust than the black one.

The Classic Pandora (also known as CC Pandora)

The first ever available unit.
It has 256MB RAM and a 600MHz CPU (usually overclockable to 800 - 850MHz).

The PCB revision is a bit older as is the SoC revision. That means you might have some bugs (Wifi worse than on the newer ones, 3D slower and not as compatible).

It's perfect for playing homebrew games and emulators though, it can do the same as the other Pandoras as well, just a bit slower.

As no new PCBs are being produced, these Pandoras are either refurbished units (old PCB, new LCD and case) or new PCBs which had a defect that has been fully repaired.

The Rebirth Pandora

The first unit that has been produced in Germany.

It's basically the same as the Classic Pandora but features a newer PCB and SoC revision (less bugs) and 512MB RAM instead of 256MB.

These are still available from stock, but the stock is limited.

The 1GHz Pandora

The latest and best model out there.
Currently in production, so stock is no problem.

This features a more recent SoC with 1GHz (usually overclockable to 1,1 - 1,2GHz) and faster 3D GPU.

It's the best unit available to date.

But these units are so expensive!

Yes, a production in low quantities (we're not producing millions of them like smartphone companies) is always more expensive.

Additionally, the main production and assembly of the Pandora happens in Germany - which is more expensive but also of higher quality.
And - not to forget: A lot of other video game consoles or smartphones are sponsored in some way - either with making profit with game sales or with phone contracts.

This is not the case here. Most games are free and there are no further hidden costs.

But to compensate the price, the DragonBox shop offers very good prices on accessories when ordering a Pandora (SD Cards, cases, spare batteries, etc.), which will give you a very good value for money in the end.

Additionally, GBAX.com sometimes offers refurbished and pre-owned units.
The DragonBox Shop will also offer new units with small defects (like USB broken, WiFi broken, etc.) for a smaller price. If you only want to play games, you don't need an USB port :)

We're trying to make the Pandora affordable for everyone who wants one.

But for what you can DO with the unit, the price is definitely fair :)

Last edited:
Hello,

Could you please tell me what the warranty is on 1GHz models bought from dragonbox.de?

I'm in the UK if that makes any odds.

Kind regards,

Laurence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because that post is from last year May...?

Should update it, I guess ;)

BTW: Warranty is 2 years, standard EU regulation :)

hi, i'm very interested in open pandora since i saw that Ashens review of it, i'm from Mexico but buying one from DragonBox would cost me as much as buying a modern Desktop PC or 3 Nintendo 3DS, i might not have a problem with the price of the unit itself (1ghz) but i'm wondering if there are better options for getting one

hi, i'm very interested in open pandora since i saw that Ashens review of it, i'm from Mexico but buying one from DragonBox would cost me as much as buying a modern Desktop PC or 3 Nintendo 3DS, i might not have a problem with the price of the unit itself (1ghz) but i'm wondering if there are better options for getting one
As Ed seems to be the only one currently selling the Pandora (except ekianjo, but shipping from Japan won't be cheaper), I guess you either have to wait for ithic.com (Vermont/U.S.A) having some in stock again(don't know if that will be the case again) or have a look into used goods plattforms like eBay (or pay the 40€ "shipment to Mexico" costs, Ed states in his shop).

Back