iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

I forgot to say earlier, I would happily give up my refund to be used to take legal action against Craig. A couple of others have also mentioned they'd do the same. Perhaps it's worth looking into Link?

I forgot to say earlier, I would happily give up my refund to be used to take legal action against Craig. A couple of others have also mentioned they'd do the same. Perhaps it's worth looking into Link?
Yep, Craig has gathered so much bad reputation, that funding something against him shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Oh, the irony! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
 Yep, Craig has gathered so much bad reputation, that funding something against him shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Oh, the irony! xD
Is there a kickstarter for legal expenses? If not, there should be!

D.

Oh, the irony! xD
Is there a kickstarter for legal expenses? If not, there should be!

D.
Yes, we definitely need that, I could use it to sue my own state for a recent unlawful law that forces everyone to pay 18€ per month (!) for the few official state controlled TV/Radio channels, even if he hasn't got a TV set and a radio and he only earns a couple of hundred € per months and although it's practically a tax, it's not subject to tax rules.

A kickstarter for legal expenses would get my vote anytime.

I could use it to sue my own state for a recent unlawful law that forces everyone to pay 18€ per month (!)

... it was recent? i thought germans had to pay for state-tv/radio for decades...

Ryan Lucas is what you would call a " Dickhead"!!
Agreed.

However it pains me to admit that my logical assumption is that he was right and I was wrong in terms of the iCP2 project being a scam.

I can see why people might wrongly think that Link is the scammer, with his name being on the project and his more or less total failure to provide the promised transparency.

We all know that Craig is the one who really needs to be answering the questions of what happened with the bulk of the money raised (for the case / holder / keymat / postage fees etc.) The only logical explanation I can think of is that those funds have not been used for their intended purpose. I'd love to see proof that honest mistakes were made but the total failure to even attempt to explain what happened to the money makes me think the worst. It looks like legal action may be the only option to get some answers.

... it was recent? i thought germans had to pay for state-tv/radio for decades...
The old law said, you only have to pay if you own a TV or radio. Now every house / flat has to pay it, it is a fixed sum and like a tax. This is against the law, since in normal taxes you have to pay a percentage of your income, not a fixed sum. There are several court cases against this law.

Ryan Lucas is what you would call a " Dickhead"!!
Agreed.

However it pains me to admit that my logical assumption is that he was right and I was wrong in terms of the iCP2 project being a scam.
It seems extremely unlikely that it was a scam -- if that is a scam, it's an extremely elaborate and inefficient one. Producing 100 prototype PCBs just to fool people into believing it is not a scam after they have already given their money, why would you do that? If you want to use KickStarter to scam people, it's much easier to have some kind of very ambitious indy game project with some fancy mockups, collect millions of dollars and then deliver nothing or something crappy -- and Craig would have the know-how to do something like that.

No, it was not a scam. It was just yet another mismanaged project by Craig.

Not a scam. But where did most of the money go?
link can only tell you the same thing over and over: He gave it to Craig.

You can only find out the truth by looking into Craigs books.

^ Thats what he's talking about ie the money that went to Craig.  Non of it seems to have been accounted for, he seems to have walked away with the cash with non of it apparently spent on anything - at least nothing he has disclosed - apart from the 3D printer which he seems to have kept

I wonder if the Inland Revenue would be interested in Craig's windfall.

It seems extremely unlikely that it was a scam -- if that is a scam, it's an extremely elaborate and inefficient one. Producing 100 prototype PCBs just to fool people into believing it is not a scam after they have already given their money, why would you do that? If you want to use KickStarter to scam people, it's much easier to have some kind of very ambitious indy game project with some fancy mockups, collect millions of dollars and then deliver nothing or something crappy -- and Craig would have the know-how to do something like that.   No, it was not a scam. It was just yet another mismanaged project by Craig.
A good point, well made. Instead of scam I should have said there appears to have been a misappropriation of funds raised.

This is based on the fact that as far as we know, the funds for cases / keymat / holder / postage fees etc. have not been used for their intended purpose, yet seem to have disappeared.

apart from the 3D printer which he seems to have kept
I've often wondered if that was acquired with the intention of being used to 'bypass' some aspect of the production process that should have been undertaken professionally.

Not a scam. But where did most of the money go?
My last email from Craig, dated Oct. 21, 2013 stated this: "Not to mention that in the last year just general government fees & tax in the UK have been eating $$$".

This is in regards to the iCP2 company.

Also: "I've promised to close OP UK. As I see it there is no point in leaving it going as it costs about $500 in fees a month for nothing."

That's in regards to OP but I would imagine similar costs occurred for iCP.  I'm not suggesting that those ongoing fees are really any concern to a paying customer, but if someone were to corner Craig and ask him where the money is, this would most likely be his answer and it's the only details I've ever been told.

Back