I Think I've Went Insane.

Asmo said:
timofonic said:
you missed to add ET game :(

When you buy a Pantari you will receive a free map to their desert burial site, so you can dig up your own copy.

So you must include a "BONUS INSIDE! Map for find your own ET game copy" or something like that :D

Also, where is the "2600" number? SO people not get confused it with others :)

Last edited by a moderator:
timofonic said:
Also, where is the "2600" number? SO people not get confused it with others :)

The fake Wood Panelling should be clue enough ;)

These are great! I would love to do mine up like one of these... Maybe that will be a competition on release!

Who's got the best style?

I'd like to see a Playstation mock-up. :D Play-dora or Pandastation anyone?

Gruso said:
I can't look at them. I want them too much.
This.

Also, I tried remaking the Christmas ad from Micro Men(the one with return rates of systems) but I couldn't find data for the Dingoo, PSP, DS, and Wiz so rather than falsify data, I'll just try to make some retro-lookin ads instead.

Pandicon
Super- Pan
Panda- 64
Panda- station
Pancast

ok asmo, you've got the job, now i want to see these (since i never had any before the famicon)

Another great image, Asmo.

I'm tempted to print a few of these and stick them up. :lol:

yeah, these are a little lost on me, the first I would have had would be...
the Panboy advance.

El Jefe said:
the Panboy advance.
I'd love to see that.

And the Super Pantendo Entertainment System (from Pantendo, of course), and the Panda Drive. :D

EDIT: Glaring typo.

Prometheus said:
El Jefe said:
the Panboy advance.
I'd love to see that.

And the Super Pandora Entertainment System (from Pantendo, of course), and the Panda Drive. :D

+1 for PES and SPES :)

What about a PI 99/4A? It could be pure lulz with a modified ad of this:

TICOSBYAD.jpg

And TRS-80...

trs_80_asimov.jpg

For Pantari...

atarlist.jpg

Pantari Lynx...

antigb.jpg

More retro ad stuff here (in you find more, please notify it to me and I'll submit)
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/timofonic/

DroneB Dev said:
Pandicon
Super- Pan
Panda- 64
Panda- station
Pancast

ok asmo, you've got the job, now i want to see these (since i never had any before the famicon)

Panmiga CD32

Some photos for future references...

atari_laptop.jpg

atari-800-laptop-ben-heck_2-1.jpg

This is my modded Atari 800XL:

Atari800XL.jpg

800XL, hires front
Atari800XL_Top.jpg

Atari 800 front
Atari299.jpg

Also, tons more on my album. Feel free to ask whatever photo of advertising of any system and I'll find it for you!
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/timofonic/

(naw)mcx said:
God Ginrai said:
Can you take a picture of Ocarina of Time on the Pandora?

210hqoi.jpg

(...)
Lucky you, I still have to wait for my Pandora to arrive, my estimated shipping date is currently "(your current local time) + (two months)". So I was just wondering... could you please upload a video of Ubuntu on Pandora? I'd really like to see Ubuntu on your Pandora, and I'd really like to see how you use Inkscape to draw on that Ubuntu, incorporating the touchscreen. That would be really great, thank you.

Also, now that I finally get to see a mass production Pandora, the lid doesn't seem as sturdy to me as I thought it would... could you test this? Like, let's say, by dropping your Pandora from a table to see if it breaks or if the lid opens unintentionally during that process? I'm planning on doing that regularly, so I would like to know for sure as long as I can still cancel my order. Again, thank you very much in advance for all your effort to share early impressions of one of the first mass production Pandora units, thank you so much. :wub:

Wooden Pandora wallpapers FTW, chewie!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screeny said:
(...) My Pandora arrived at the 1. april 2009.
:)
(...)
Source (german - please translate!)
German -> English translation of http://www.pandorato...ine-anderungen/ behind the spoiler below.
Sorry for any bad english.
Pandora out now! Plus some changes…
I can hardly find proper words, I'll just try to to do this as good as I can:
I'm shocked! I'd never have thought that such a good idea could be disfigured this heavily!
Okay, I'll tell the truth:

I received a final Pandora unit as early as yesterday. I was supposed to keep this a secret, as the devs didn't want any discussions about this (they'll be happy once they finally get this thing done). My position, however, is that you should indeed take part in this:

p1030167_3-300x165.jpg

Pandora, take two!

Sorry for all the grease spots all over the case.
icon_sad.gif

Seems like they had to abandon the engraved emblem, there had been some problems with the chinese company...
Undeniably, the size does NOT match the renderings.
Furthermore: the FDM/CNC case... was just a "show" to keep you calm, but I won't play this game!
p1030168_2-300x218.jpg

Pandora, take two (opened!)

You can see clearly that both analog nubs are missing!
And so are my words, they're failing me.
icon_wink.gif

The new technical specifications (many of them had been changed due to time pressure!):

The display is reduced to 4.2", but colors and brightness stay the same.
What hit me the most, personally, was the fact that instead of the promised ARM processor, an Intel Atom N270 is being used now! Even though the cooling system works flawless, the fan's noise gets annoying pretty quickly.
icon_sad.gif

Another giant drawback: For various reasons, the analog nubs were replaced by a row of special charater keys!

Comprehensive list of software that will run flawlessly:
  • Calendar
  • Calculator
  • Notes and Phone book
  • Schedule
I'll release another report on performance and quality tomorrow, so stay tuned!

(...)

Just found about this topic, I LOVE the retro cover dressing! If you produce some I'll buy you a crate of them!

Just found about this topic, I LOVE the retro cover dressing! If you produce some I'll buy you a crate of them!

Back