I Think I've Went Insane.

Some images for inspiration for a possible Pandicom:

nesgbasp_790screen001.jpg

dsfamibox01.jpg

Basic.jpg

02famicom_keyboard.jpg

NintendoDataRecorderContents.png

(Yes! There was an official Family Basic pack, featuring a cartridge plus keyboard and cassette recorder!)

That family computer looks pretty cool, I didn't know Nintendo released it, nor did I know they actually sold it for families with BASIC.

Christoph.Krn said:
Jourdy288 said:
That family computer looks pretty cool, I didn't know Nintendo released it, nor did I know they actually sold it for families with BASIC.

The NES is what Nintendo released in Europe and the US instead of the Famicom (Japan), they're almost the same hardware-wise: http://en.wikipedia....nal_differences

But they didn't release tons of cool addons outside Japan for NES like Famicom Disk System too

86_Nintendo_Mr_Disk_logo_2.jpg

(this is the official Disk System logo, totally Japanese :D )

86_Famicom_Disk_System_Writer.jpg

Famicom_Zelda_Disk.png

Famicom Network System was some kind of modem plus an small keyboard for stock deal and handbookinger in Japan.

famicomnetworksystembox.jpg

fcnetwork01.jpg

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=213

But there were prototypes for releasing this to USA in a different way, more like the 80s microcomputer at the time. Sadly, they were never commercially released.

UP-AVS1-620x.jpg

UP-AVS2-620x.jpg

UP-Lottery-620x.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/untapped-potential-a-true-family-computer-137392.phtml

As a sidenote, SEGA released their SC-3000 and SC-3000H systems, an 8bit computer series based on their first gaming system SG-1000 and similarities with their upcoming 8bit game systems (some similarities to first gen MSX and Colecovision probably too) that later evolved to Sega Master System:
SEGA_SC3000_2.jpg

(Two monitors on the same computer!?!?)

segasc-3000_top_pic.jpg

Sega_SC3000_TopView_s1.jpg

sega_sc_3000h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DroneB Dev said:
Pandicon
Super- Pan
Panda- 64
Panda- station
Pancast

ok asmo, you've got the job, now i want to see these (since i never had any before the famicon)

so .. uh .. the US version of the Pandicon would be called the PNES ?

and the 16 bits version ...

:rolleyes:

pamigafix1.jpg

Edit: Tiny tweak of something that was bugging me

Asmo, thanks for the nice work but that logo is wrong. You missed the original typical Commodore design in typical Amiga models, anyway it looks cool but it can look more "amigaish" with small changes :D

a1000.jpg

a1000_2_big.jpg

a2000_1_big.jpg

a600_2_big.jpg

img_0943.jpg

amiga4000_1_big-1.jpg

a3000logo.jpg

Also, you missed the mythical "Only P-Amiga makes it possible" catchphrase:

amiga.jpg

a500_it5.jpg

A comment that can be funny for some people, what a coincidence!

A3000+ According to Dave Haynie

"The Amiga 3000+ was the first computer based on the Pandora chipset (which was later dubbed AA, then AGA). Revision 0 of this system first booted successfully in February of 1991, thanks due to a chip revision that got the display logic actually working. This is revision 1, which completed the audio subsystem, and moved to surface-mount components.

As the name suggests, this system was being designed as a drop-in replacement for the existing Amiga 3000 motherboard. In addition to the features everyone knows from the Amiga 3000, and from later computers such as the Amiga 4000, the Amiga 3000+ sported the AT&T DSP3210 digital signal processor as a coprocessor.

You can see quite a bit of support circuitry for the DSP in the upper lefthand corner of this board. There was an audio CODEC here, designed to allow 16-bit, 2-channel recording and playback. This was very cutting edge at the time, such chips, common today, where just becoming available. In addition, there was a separate mono CODEC with hardware phase correction, which supported modem protocols up to V32. The actual DSP was located above and to the right of the CPU.

Note: this is the real Amiga 3000+, very rare. Most of the Amiga 3000+ type systems out, whether boards or whole computers, are actually the scaled-down "AA3000", which was after the A3000+ had been cancelled, by the Bill Sydnes administration, as a product." - Dave Haynie

a1000_12_big.jpg

Funny stuff:

r3.jpg

Gay geek dreaming with SuperFloppy superhero?

2.jpg

Are there a funnier retrogeek image than this?

pub-amiga1000-youarelookingat.jpg

amiga-boing.gif

Asmo's great Pics are being lost under Timofonics excessive and messy postings.

Time to stop throwing together dozens of random photos nobody cares less about.

Btw, Love the Amiga Pandora mag cover the best yet Asmo! How about an MSX one to nicely round things off?

I hate to be a jerk, but can we get these wall-o-image posts behind a spoiler tag next time so people don't have to scroll forever just to get to the next post?
Thanks.

x68000 said:
Asmo's great Pics are being lost under Timofonics excessive and messy postings.

Time to stop throwing together dozens of random photos nobody cares less about.

Btw, Love the Amiga Pandora mag cover the best yet Asmo! How about an MSX one to nicely round things off?

Uh sorry, it was just some references that might be interesting for future inspiration. I'll not SPAm the thread anymore, just upload more stuff to my photobucket gallery.

About MSX I agree, but there are many generations of them that are interesting because different technical capabilities and games used them: MSX1, MSX2, MSX+ and MSX Turbo R. Each one with aesthetical different looking because many companies manufactured it (with the exception of Turbo R, a Panasonic only machine that featured a new nearly Z80 compatible proccessor named R800):

th_msxlogo.png th_msx2logo.png th_msx2pluslogo.png th_msxturborlogo.png

There's also other amazing Japanese machines that would be nice to have a pandorian homage too. There are Japanese only like X68000, FM Towns, PC-88 and PC-98...

Anyway, Asmo's work deserves a dedicated pinned thread. What do you think, Asmo? ;)

OT: There's this guy making a C64 in 3D...

WizardStan said:
I hate to be a jerk, but can we get these wall-o-image posts behind a spoiler tag next time so people don't have to scroll forever just to get to the next post?
Thanks.

Oh no, you WizardStan and X68000 (nice machine btw) are totally right. The jerk was me spamming the forum thread in an schizoid way, but my intention was good despite being a pain in the ass.

Sorry, I have been a bit weird these days due to sleep deprivation (insomn) and many other things :)

Asmo, thanks a lot for your great work! Any paypal account for some donations? :D

Paypal? People would pay? I'll get the IP address of everyone who's viewed the thread, you'll all be getting an invoice shortly! :D

pongdora.jpg

Which dev is in for a simple Pandora-Wifi-Netplay Pong game, with 1v1 mode and in-game chat? Maybe even with a user registering service and an online ladder on some website? :p

Seriously though, that would be fuckin awesome.

Wolfsclaw said:
Which dev is in for a simple Pandora-Wifi-Netplay Pong game, with 1v1 mode and in-game chat? Maybe even with a user registering service and an online ladder on some website? :p

Seriously though, that would be fuckin awesome.

That, and (for those who remember) 'Skychase' on the ST/Amiga. 1v1 Wifi play of that would be Vector-tastic.

Asmo said:
Paypal? People would pay? I'll get the IP address of everyone who's viewed the thread, you'll all be getting an invoice shortly! :D

pongdora.jpg

Seriously yes! Where to pay? You deserve it, nice work (but that P-AMIGA logo needs fix!) :)

timofonic said:
that P-AMIGA logo needs fix! :)

I based it on my Amiga 500 - I know there were several variants, here's a couple and the one I used on the spoof:

logoagogo.jpg

You're looking for a different version? (I couldn't view the 'spoiler' one on the previous page, thanks to my settings ;) )

Back