I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

Hi guys/girls

I've already posted and already got my sparkly new f200, but thought I might officially say hi!

I have a suggestion that might help some people out though, how about a zip or winrar with all the emulators on and the respective directories and libraries ready to go? these could be stuck on the archive.
<HINT> Of course no ROMS would be included because we couldn't varify that the user had the original cartridge and it is illegal most places to even distribute. </HINT>

I built my own while the delivery was delayed and as soon as I unwrapped it, I was ready to play!

Just got mine tonight, though I didn't get the 4 gig SD card I ordered just yet. So I'm using a 64 mb SD for now, and will pick up a 2 gig tomorrow. I plan to have the 2 gig for all the games, and the 4 gig for music/movies/etc.

Really liking this device right now. Are there any more FPS games that have been ported? I have the Doom Series, Duke Nukem 3D, Rise Of The Triad, Heretic/Hexen, Quake, and Descent.

Also try the Wolfenstein3D port. It's not on the archive site, but a quick web search will turn it right up. It runs great underclocked and is a very fun game.

got a F200 5 days ago. Great little gadget.
Everything runs smooth... some rare crashes but it's not bad.

Im using rechargable 2100nahm batteries. Enough to play a couple of hours neogeo :)

Five minutes ago... my GP2X-F200 arrived.. :D very cool... when i have to decide which one to choose (GP2X, PSP or DS)... i choose opensource :D

Cumps to all

My GP2X F-200 arrived today and I love it!
Especially SNES games and SuperTux :p

Edit: Can't seem to get Gmenu2x to work though. Is it even compatible with F-200? (Works now, I made a n00b mistake)

Hi everyone, i just got myself a GP2X F200 and it's been shipped. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm kinda worried though cos i do not know much about downloading emulators and stuff, not much of a tech guy but i'm definately a gaming freak especially classic games... :p Might need help from you guys from time to time...this is one great forum. Cheers :D

Hi, everybody from a new (and only?) user of a GP2X F200 from Croatia! I guess if you follow football/soccer then you might know my country, we kicked England from the Euro in the qualifiers. :D But that's not the point.
The point is that I got my F200 from Spain today! WOO-HOO! Don't know if I'm allowed to post links to sellers, but I got it from this guy -> http://stores.ebay.com/Wii-Buy The best thing is that I didn't have to pay taxes and customs fee (although you usually have to pay that when you buy stuff from abroad). I guess the small box, normal yellow envelope is what fooled them. So it was a real bargain.

My first impressions - the d-pad feels kinda strange, the screen isn't as bright as I thought (wished) it would be, but at least I have no dead pixels and stuff like that. I was afraid that my touchscreen went dead (but I only messed up the screen calibration - the LCD setting in the original menu, LOL).

I got it just before I had to go to work, but I grabbed it and put it in my bag so I played the built-in games (I like the puzzle game Wind and Water most) in the bus and tram. I also bought a 4GB Sandisk ultra II SDHC card (no problem with it, works like a charm, it was already preformatted to FAT32). I used 2 pairs of rechargeable batteries, but they are all dead now so I'm at work downloading stuff (apps, games, emulators) for GP2X and transferring them to the SD card. :)

I'm really excited, 'cause I never owned a handheld before... And never had a device with a touchscreen either. So this is new and fun for me.

I finally jumped on board. I've watched these devices from afar for years, and wanted a GP32 when they were released, but could never get my self to pull the trigger.

Curiosity finally got the best of me at the end of last week, when I ordered my F200. It arrived Wednesday.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the device. For some reason, I was expecting it do be much cheesier than it is. The fit and finish is quite good. I don't know that I'd call the build quality "Nintendo" build quality, but it more than does the job. I'm pretty impressed with the packaging as well.

Overall, I'm having a fun time with this new toy. At this point, I think I'm on board with this "off the beaten path" game player. It really makes me curious about other Korean electronics that I've, sort of, scoffed at over the years.

I was convinced; ordered my F-200 from the official UK dealer. Unfortunately, they are out of stock right now, so i have to wait toll the end of January till it arrives.

On the other hand, the wait gives me ample time to collate my resources and prepare for arrival; a date i anticipate with great excitement!

I'm happy with mine : D, I had no problems. I bought it on Spain (coz im from there).

I only xpect that a new firmware will come nicer and more usefuland with skin supported in it, as well as new Gmenu2x for F-200 with touchscreen support and 100% fully functionable.

I also wished to have some real clock inside the machine cause that would give a lot of more functionability to f200, sure, thats so sad. I can imagine having it as a PDA, wow!

Hi guys, ordered my f200 last night, really excited about getting this, been following the various revisions over the years and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one, I have had various handhelds over the years (GameBoy, Psp, DS, NeoGeo pocket etc....) but never an open source one. I will let you know when it arrives (end of Jan I believe). Still, it gives me plenty of time to gather various resources and read the forums in anticipation of its arrival! Glad to be part of the family, well, soon anyway!

Hi there,

I got mine yesterday, only just got round to signing up cause i've been too busy downloading and playing :)

Trying to get a working dev environment going now so I can start really playing ;)

Ben

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, I recieved an email from them yesterday saying mine was going to be shipped either thursday or friday this week. Getting giddy now! Honest....

TafKas said:
I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, I recieved an email from them yesterday saying mine was going to be shipped either thursday or friday this week. Getting giddy now! Honest....
Bought it on a polish auction site. Well, I work in this company ;) Anyways, waiting to get my hands on it. Probably around Tuesday. I already have some stuff to put on the SDHC card. Argh...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived yesterday (sat 2nd). So far I am well chuffed with it, apart from the battery eating this thing does. Bought 8 2800 mah rechargeables and it went thru them all in one day as well as some older 2500 mah I have. Other than that its ace! I have still to try half the stuff I accumulated whilst I was waiting for it to arrive though.

I just won mine on ebay. Fully boxed as new £60! Now was that a bargain or what!? Should arrive in 1-2 days.

PERSONAL DETAILS REMOVED.

Firstly, You have posted your request in the wrong forum, If you need help, Please open a new topic in the correct forum and not hijack someone else`s topic.

Secondly, It is unwise to post personal information about one`s self via the internet on a public forum for all to see.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU HAVE DONE THIS, AND YOUR POST COUNT IS ONLY 2 POSTS.
KEEP DOING THIS, AND YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Back