I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

shinneri posted on Dec 11 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
How about let exophase and Zod call it whatever they want?

A suggestions is...
  • an idea that is suggested; "the picnic was her suggestion"
  • trace: a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
  • persuasion formulated as a suggestion
  • the sequential mental process in which one thought leads to another by association
  • hypnotism: the act of inducing hypnosis
(princeton)

It is not an act for which Exophase and Zodttd are disallowed from naming their creation whatever they want to.

EDIT: Oooo, unless I'm "inducing hypnosis", to which I am unsure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me just add an excited 'whoot!' to this thread, this is one ofthe reasons I got me a 2x a year ago (#331 off the assembly line) and I can't wait to try this bad boy out!

Well done guys!

I actually like gpSP2x.. for now it's up to zodttd since he's maintaining the port (wait till I get my hands on a GP2X I guess >_>.. oh well, at least I'm hard at work on the base code)

Exophase posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:00 AM said:
I actually like gpSP2x.. for now it's up to zodttd since he's maintaining the port (wait till I get my hands on a GP2X I guess >_>.. oh well, at least I'm hard at work on the base code)

Have you ordered a GP2X yet? It probably would help alot with the de-bugging. I would think it would be difficult to code by proxy.

I would bet that if you made this emu run well you would get enough donations to pay for the unit :)

lubidog posted on Dec 10 2006 at 10:43 PM said:
Everytime he posts, I get excited!!!

Even has an avatar now!

A legend.

Just wait until he releases. His emus are quite amazing. I used them on the GP32 and they were the best.

DaveC posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:05 AM said:
Have you ordered a GP2X yet? It probably would help alot with the de-bugging. I would think it would be difficult to code by proxy.

Someone's sending me one.

I wouldn't code for a platform I don't have :p All of my time is spent on coding for base gpSP, or PSP specific parts.

I would bet that if you made this emu run well you would get enough donations to pay for the unit :)

Surprisingly, it already has.. ^^

But of course, I'm only getting a unit so I can make it better. Not that I actually want a GP2X for anything ;P

Don't feel bad though, I don't use my PSP for anything other than developing gpSP either, and that's a platform that people tend to actually use for playing commercial games.

Exophase posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:24 AM said:

Someone's sending me one.

I wouldn't code for a platform I don't have :p All of my time is spent on coding for base gpSP, or PSP specific parts.

Surprisingly, it already has.. ^^

But of course, I'm only getting a unit so I can make it better. Not that I actually want a GP2X for anything ;P

Don't feel bad though, I don't use my PSP for anything other than developing gpSP either, and that's a platform that people tend to actually use for playing commercial games.

Which version are you getting? an older M1 or the newer M2?

If it is the older one you will likely hate the stick. I could always D-pad mod it for you though if you want (free as a donation).

icurafu posted on Dec 11 2006 at 12:36 AM said:
shinneri posted on Dec 11 2006 at 03:47 PM said:
How about let exophase and Zod call it whatever they want?

A suggestions is...
  • an idea that is suggested; "the picnic was her suggestion"
  • trace: a just detectable amount; "he speaks French with a trace of an accent"
  • persuasion formulated as a suggestion
  • the sequential mental process in which one thought leads to another by association
  • hypnotism: the act of inducing hypnosis
(princeton)

It is not an act for which Exophase and Zodttd are disallowed from naming their creation whatever they want to.

EDIT: Oooo, unless I'm "inducing hypnosis", to which I am unsure.
Nice bullets. But regardless, my suggestion still stands.

Ive been fiddling around with this emu for quite a while and can certainly say that

SAVESTATES DO NOT WORK in version 3.

It does write a .svs file but it is 0KB. So something is wrong.

Although Golden Sun and Advance Guardian Heroes run pretty darn good!

**Edit**

My bad, it looks as though upgrading to Firmware 2.11 totally screwed savestates for every emulator I have. Stick to 2.1 and you'll be fine.

In-game savestates don't work for me too. But emu-savestates work fine.

I'm used to run this at 280mhz because I have a lot of batteries and my gp2x can overclock even more than that remaining stable.
At that OC Klonoa 2 is practically fullspeed and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is also damn fast.

DaveC posted on Dec 11 2006 at 06:35 AM said:
I could always D-pad mod it for you though if you want.

is this the nokia qd d-pad mod you were talking about a few months ago? I didn't realise you were offering a modding service yourself... would it be possible for me to send my gp2x to you with some money to cover the mod, your time and the return postage and packaging? I understand the risks involved and am willing to chance a dead gp2x if there's a possibility of having a useable d-pad!

please pm me if you're interested! :)

DaveC posted on Dec 11 2006 at 07:05 AM said:

Everytime he posts, I get excited!!!

Even has an avatar now!

A legend.

Just wait until he releases. His emus are quite amazing. I used them on the GP32 and they were the best.

zomg rhley is DaveC-approved Oo

hackgrid posted on Dec 11 2006 at 09:29 PM said:

Everytime he posts at I get excited!!!

Even has an avatar now!

A legend.

"DaveC's Stamp of aproval! (tm)" :lol:

Amon_Re posted on Dec 11 2006 at 10:23 PM said:

Everytime he posts at I get excited!!!

Even has an avatar now!

A legend.

Its actually a "Seal" <^^>

Amon_Re posted on Dec 11 2006 at 05:23 PM said:
I've been pushing for a DaveC Seal of Approval(tm) for a long time, but nobody has done it yet...

shinneri posted on Dec 12 2006 at 01:07 AM said:
Be sure to make it stretched out, blurry, and a crazy aspect ratio like 1.3666:1. :p

And frameskip 1.5. ^_-

Back