I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

<pseudo-mod>
evil spammers
</pseudo-mod>

I wonder how psx4all is going. And that dosbox thingy. And i have something like a psx emulator from scratch by zodttd in my head ... oO

Exactly, I remember way back telling us to stay positive and keep those posts coming, it shows interest in his work. But I'm maybe misunderstanding.

Hey, then let me get my thoughts in first:

BIOS: Don't bother with using a BIN file; ALOT of other emulators have totally dispensed with the need for a .BIN file and fully simulate the GBA's BIOS functionality.

With BIOS routines in ARM940 ASM I'd bet there would be annother speed boost as well.

Also; Impressive progress for a pure Interpreter EMU so far, the need for a full dynarec may not even be there.

Exophase posted on Dec 9 2006 at 10:49 AM said:
slaanesh posted on Dec 9 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
Exophase posted on Dec 9 2006 at 06:57 PM said:
The PSP version of gpSP only uses 1 of the PSP's 2 CPUs and does okay, so..
Oh oh... What you talking about? Now i feel stupid; the PSP has two CPUs? I've never investigated this at all... Is it a similar setup to the GP2X?

It does have two CPUs, and unlike GP2X the second one has the same amount of cache (no VFPU though.. and neither have an MMU). But you have to be in kernel mode to use it, which is not possible for firmware 2.80 (the highest that they've found an exploit for running homebrew on.. so far)

So the PSP has TWO CPUs at 333 MHz each, plus a GPU!? That would be crazy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Series-8 posted on Dec 10 2006 at 08:05 PM said:
Hey, then let me get my thoughts in first:

BIOS: Don't bother with using a BIN file; ALOT of other emulators have totally dispensed with the need for a .BIN file and fully simulate the GBA's BIOS functionality.

With BIOS routines in ARM940 ASM I'd bet there would be annother speed boost as well.

Also; Impressive progress for a pure Interpreter EMU so far, the need for a full dynarec may not even be there.

It's a lot of work for not very much gain, most games don't use the BIOS very heavily. Of course, I intend to go that route eventually just so people won't need the BIOS file, but remember, other GBA emulators have been in development for years, and most other platforms that are older than PS1 have a very small BIOS or no BIOS (N64 also falls under this category). Note how most PS1 emulators still require a BIOS.

VBA can simulate bios, but many of users reported speed boost with a gba bios file instead of simulating it. Idea of throw bios to 940T sound extremely cool for me, but I'don't know if it's doable.

Everytime he posts, I get excited!!!

Even has an avatar now!

A legend.

lubidog posted on Dec 10 2006 at 10:43 PM said:
Everytime he posts, I get excited!!!

I know exactly what you mean!
I'm still looking forward to 'F-Day' (or the new version of it), even though I now have a GP2X as well.

Back