I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

Last edited by a moderator:
About Tales Of Phantasia:
Want to figure out what's going on? Have Azalin get a CRC32 or MD5 checksum of his ROM. If it's different than shinneri's, it would explain things. As said previously, idle loop elimination optimizations are listed in the game_config.txt and if you're using a different version or region of the same game, you can get two absolutely different results.

I recommend Chu Chu Rocket and Pac Man Collection, but I suppose those aren't on the top of the list for most. ;P

About Tales Of Phantasia:
Want to figure out what's going on? Have Azalin get a CRC32 or MD5 checksum of his ROM. If it's different than shinneri's, it would explain things. As said previously, idle loop elimination optimizations are listed in the game_config.txt and if you're using a different version or region of the same game, you can get two absolutely different results.

I recommend Chu Chu Rocket and Pac Man Collection, but I suppose those aren't on the top of the list for most. ;P
Would you believe I dumped mine from my actual cartridge? :p It's the US version.

How do I get this checksum thing?

Quick way to get a CRC32 is to zip/rar a file with WinRAR and it will give the CRC32 next to the filesize when listing the file in an archive. :p

zodttd posted on Dec 1 2006 at 05:05 AM said:
Quick way to get a CRC32 is to zip/rar a file with WinRAR and it will give the CRC32 next to the filesize when listing the file in an archive. :p

Cool, is there a way you can give us a different option other than that stick click for menus? Those of us with d-pad mods can't use stick click. It ruins the normal stick anyway.

The other accepted alternative to the click was the shoulder buttons + "START"

DaveC: Good suggestion. Didn't think about that. I could replace PUSH with a volume button fairly easily, or the L+R+START. I might be able to just remove the need for PUSH altogether. I'll add that request to the volume fix request of things needing fixing for the next update.

What was your edit btw? Weird quote context. :p

Azalin: If you're lying about that it will land up making me take up some time figuring out what's the difference between the two results. You sure it is that CRC32?

Azalin posted on Dec 1 2006 at 12:15 AM said:
Yeah, mine says 01A0FCA8 too, so it's not the rom file.
strange. Battles were painfully slow (they're very demanding, I'd assume..). I can't imagine 20mhz making the difference.

By the way, is there gamma control? It seems dark on my MK2.

EDIT: to clear something up, the very beginning (when the intro is just some text and a sound clip, it IS perfect, but seconds (when a battle scene shows up) later it's extremely slow.

Back