How's it going? (2012-03-05)

But I'm IN the choir... and I DO keep up with current events... I guess I just don't have the post count to prove it. :rolleyes:

Oh well... lay it on me if you must... after all I'm one of the haters and trolls now... I've crossed over to the dark side... I deserve anything you can throw at me. :(

Nah It's fine, I understand the anger. I just hard to debate the situation, because It is a crappy situation and sad that it had to come to this method to get things out the door. But ED has been open about why he needed to do it that way.. Some people didn't like it and left, some after the anger died down decided to stick with it.

Wow... I think this just killed the Pandora for me.

<snip>
I'm not going to tell you not to be angry. But what I don't understand is, why now? What development in the past 24hrs made you lose faith? Because as far as I see it, what's happening now is exactly what has been planned and discussed for the past few months. I'm not seeing new developments or bombshells, just the plan in action.

@mitosis I'm sorry you're so upset about current developments but I feel you may have miss understood a couple of points. The current runs have to cater to a large chunk of new orders to keep money coming in so future batches can be financed. I think you believe ED got a lot more money from investors than he did. While it's true if he had a lot more money than he asked for he could have paid for all the old preorders to be satisfied, there are a few reasons why he couldn't get more money in. He could only get investment for the money that would equate to half of the value of his company, or he'd potentially lose control of it. If he kept control but still took in more money then he'd have overestimated the value of the project and so made it an unwise investment. It's difficult seeing us Old Preorders getting devices slowly (I'm still waiting on a day 4 preorder) but you have to appreciate that the latest business move by ED is sound, and the the best approach for making sure that in the long run we do all get our pandoras.

Now I truly feel taken advantage of though, for my understanding of the "small deposit preorders that aren't actually a preorder but just saying dibs on a third batch Pandora that you pay for when it's actually ready to ship" was that they were THIRD batch preorders... to be taken care of in their rightful order after first and second batch ORIGINAL INVESTORS had been taken care of.

You made assumptions and you didn't keep up with all the news threads explaining everything again and again and again.

While it's true if he had a lot more money than he asked for he could have paid for all the old preorders to be satisfied, there are a few reasons why he couldn't get more money in. He could only get investment for the money that would equate to half of the value of his company, or he'd potentially lose control of it
Sorry, this depends on the contract style. You are talking about shares, but the investment is not shares. It's just a loan. The amount of loan you can receive is limited by the interest you are able to pay. The interest you could pay depends on your income from sales, and your sales are limited to the production you have. As the production is limited by the investment you can have, you can see the dog catching his tail. So 'more' money from private investors lead into lower bank loans and better interest conditions, but that's all at the moment.

Hey Ed.

How stuff going?

It would be interesting if you could provide an average of monthly new preorders... Let's say you take all the preorders since January till now and you then just make an average. That way all the original preorders had some kind of clue how new preorders are evolving :)

Hope you get the time in your so little spare time to do this calcutlation.

Greetings from Luxembourg

pant90

Ordered feb 2009 and still waiting, have tried to keep up with events and still don't know what's going on half the time...but what I'm REALLY interested in are those TV Out leads!!!! Any news? :)

Ordered feb 2009 and still waiting, have tried to keep up with events and still don't know what's going on half the time...but what I'm REALLY interested in are those TV Out leads!!!! Any news? :)

Last I heard was that the company originally engaged to make them lost interest, and that Ed has quotes from some other companies.

My guess is that it will be sorted out once Pandora production is running smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@mitosis : I mostly agree with you, but I appreciate the fact that they let us get our Pandora for the paid price when it'd be cheaper for them to refund our orders and sell our Pandoras to people paying the new, higher, price.

Okie dokie. That teaches me for getting all my business knowledge from Dragon's Den.
It's ok, I was also highly confused by the nature of the investing because ED kept referring to it as "shares". It's more like a bond with fixed and unfixed returns.

What happened to the awesome official business plan that ED's lawyers helped him draft up and therefore allowed the project to get bank loans and investors that at one point in time was supposedly "more than enough and more than expected"? I remember ED saying that he was shocked and very touched by the level of support from the community and commenting that the bank loans and all the (unexpectly large) community contributions had added up to be more than he had expected and therefore more than he was planning on needing.
What do you mean with "what happended to the plan"?

This is the plan! It always has been the plan, and ED also told us so:

[...] as I get more Pandoras next week (about 100 - 300 :) ), I'll send out the next final payment mails next week.

Hello ED, how are you doing ? It looks like it is the "next week" already :D Do you need any help in packing ? :p

I hope my pandora is one of them.. :mellow:

"next week" is planned to occur in two month

Here we are, with my generic " I ordered X, got my Imminent Shipping e-mail today, so there you go!" (Why haven't they made one we can share such important things with?)

I ordered originally Febuary 10, 2012, from GMBH, and got my two week's notice today, so now you know where we are. (Possibly almost done with 'new' preorders? Who knows) I am an American preorder, in case that might affect the calculations (with the shipping and the overseas and the UPS and the FedEx and the airplanes, boats, trains, cars, bicycles, etc. involved)

So we have that.

Here we are, with my generic " I ordered X, got my Imminent Shipping e-mail today, so there you go!" (Why haven't they made one we can share such important things with?)

I ordered originally Febuary 10, 2012, from GMBH, and got my two week's notice today, so now you know where we are. (Possibly almost done with 'new' preorders? Who knows)

So we have that.

Thanks for info. I ordered in February too but didn't get the "final payment" email yet... :wacko:

I ordered January 2012 and still haven't got my email for payment yet.

Back