After a long day, there'll be another one (2011-12-21)

Okay, just tested the first PCB with all components - and as expected: Everything is working now :)

Wifi, Audio, Mini USB - everything :D

Seems like it's a good idea to fully populate a PCB and not miss out some parts ;)

So, yes guys, it seems the prototype run was a full success :D :D :D

Ok, that was a really fast progress, impressive. B)

When I remember how long the old Prototype runs had taken untill CC had a working, ready Board... Funny how fast things can be if you choose the right Company. :lol:

That's great! Did you already do a full test, with a setup similar to what was developed to check the boards at CC?

I hope the boards will also survive the stress-test you were talking about :)

When I remember how long the old Prototype runs had taken untill CC had a working, ready Board... Funny how fast things can be if you choose the right Company. :lol:
Keep in mind that CC was basically doing a blind prototype run. It was basically the first time a Pandora had ever been populated in this way and there was a lot more to worry about. This time we already know that the boards as they're laid out basically work, the prototype run was really just making sure this particular set of boards and parts work the same way the old ones did.

Now scream at the Chinese guys to make the bare boards asap!

Maybe it's not too late?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, just tested the first PCB with all components - and as expected: Everything is working now :)

Wifi, Audio, Mini USB - everything :D

Seems like it's a good idea to fully populate a PCB and not miss out some parts ;)

So, yes guys, it seems the prototype run was a full success :D :D :D

Great news ED & Many thanks for the on the spot updates. :D

Just make sure you have a few days off over Christmas to recharge those batteries, I'm guessing you'll be having a fairly busy time in Jan / Feb.

All the best for the festive season.

Just make sure you have a few days off over Christmas to recharge those batteries,
Especially with power management circuits working!

Fingers crossed for the next era of Pandorian awesome ;) And Massive thanks to the people who have got the project so far already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I've done all the CC tests. And more :)

Everything is fine here.

I'm posting this from a Pandora prototype PCB, btw :)

milkshake: A video will follow, just let me get home and give me some time (hopefully I can do this before christmas :) )

Ed your awesome!! I have my Pandora, but sincerely wished I waited for your German Built Version. Your follow through and dedication to this community, specifically the Pandora is incredible. A Very Merry Christmas to you my friend!

And thank you for keeping the dream alive in all of us.

Of course I've done all the CC tests. And more :)

Everything is fine here.

I'm posting this from a Pandora prototype PCB, btw :)

milkshake: A video will follow, just let me get home and give me some time (hopefully I can do this before christmas :) )

Alright, sounds perfect! So I'm assuming this one is going to have a hard next few days of stress testing?

I'm sure everyone who is reading this is just as stoked as you are ED but take a moment to really lock your self into the space and remember this time and place. It seems like the culmination of hard work and effort I hope you can draw on this successful moment in the future. Good work man, anything else would sound more mellow dramatic then what I have written thus far.

Be Well and happy holidays.

Back