How To Get A Dev Unit.

Hi, I'd just like to offer my help if you want someone to make graphics. I'm by no means the most amazing artist ever, but I'm not too bad.
Obviously I don't need a board for this, I just thought it might be a good place to bring it up.
Drop me a message if you're interested.

Will these dev units include the right type of serial cable? I dread the prospect of having to make one myself, especially if it's not RS232 on the Pandora side.

Is a peripheral boot over the UART supported to override the xloader? A button needs to be pressed on the beagle board to get that behavior.

The ROM loader also supports booting over USB (TRM 25.4.4). Does that mean you can connect a USB to serial adapter and it works?

I've put in my lowly bid for one.

To any dev: Is there any good place to start for working with the Pandora framebuffer? As long as I can put a single white pixel on the screen, I should be able to really start taking off. I'm getting the PowerVR SDK right now, wish me luck : )

AireTamStorm said:
To any dev: Is there any good place to start for working with the Pandora framebuffer? As long as I can put a single white pixel on the screen, I should be able to really start taking off
Just mmap /dev/fb0 and you can write directly to the frame buffer, same as any other Linux based system.

Or do you mean without Linux?

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
AireTamStorm said:
To any dev: Is there any good place to start for working with the Pandora framebuffer? As long as I can put a single white pixel on the screen, I should be able to really start taking off
Just mmap /dev/fb0 and you can write directly to the frame buffer, same as any other Linux based system.

Or do you mean without Linux?

I'll probably have to ask around, experiment and see what is faster performance and coding wise. Optimally I'm looking for an OpenGL code snippet that (runs on the Pandora of course, and) does something simple, like drawing a rectangle or printing text. Simple DSP stuff would be nice too.

Tinnus said:
Do we have a proper ES 2.0 driver already?

I am afraid nothing official is available yet. Now for early access people I can't say.

AireTamStorm said:
Optimally I'm looking for an OpenGL code snippet that (runs on the Pandora of course, and) does something simple, like drawing a rectangle or printing text. Simple DSP stuff would be nice too.
There's lots of examples in the Pandora OGL SDK, they start simple and go more and more advanced. You will have to wait until it's publically released however, but at least it's something to look forward to :)

Squidge said:
There's lots of examples in the Pandora OGL SDK, they start simple and go more and more advanced. You will have to wait until it's publically released however, but at least it's something to look forward to :)

That's mean, you know? :D

Getting a dev unit sounds interesting, how does it compare to the Zodiac? I've worked on a few projects with that, no hardware hacky stuff, just writing games/porting libraries etc.

Steve

Please sign me up

I'm great at troubleshooting. I'm not a programmer, but I can work with betas and help get stuff ready for public.

Who do I let charge my credit card. I want to help!

Peace,

MjLink

SO... I would really like a dev board please. Why? I need justification? Well... I have this wireless network - actually, i provide blazing fast broadband low latency (under 2 ms) network connections wirelessly in a very cost effective way - heh, i actually think that i can compete with Google and WiMAX, oh wait - im a 5 year wireless engineer veteran! Anyway, i can make multicast video streams work over wireless in mpeg 4 format, and full (timed) duplex wireless work from 50 feet to 50 miles, i want portable TV dammit! I'm also a linux evangelist & i practice what i preach, Gentoo/Fedora/Ubuntu veteran - Basically i make networks work - and now im learning Ansi C... strictly networks, vpns, and any other reason you wanna make a portable device talk with the rest of the world - face it, without communication, where would we be? :D Oh, And i work for a company where all my friends are C, C++, C# OpenGL ES and we have a little extra time for some project where open source is where its at... Did i mention that we were already gonna dev on the GP2X F200? We got a few of those, but mini sd wireless is at best... limited.

:) i wrote an email via the board a few days ago and still hope for reply. I would be very lucky if i get a dev unit. because i worked a lot with arm hard- and software (kernel, applications/gaming, design, i2c units, usb and wifi mods/hacks....).
On the n800 internet tablet with the original tablet OS &| debian.
On HTC devices with debian arm.
On asus EEE with xandros.
;)

Have the lucky ones already been chosen? Or is that still being decided?

(Sorry to ask here but it looks like Craig doesn't have time to read his PM :))

Back