How Many Gp32 And Gp2x Have Been Sold Around The World?

rsuryase

How many GP32 and GP2X have been sold around the world? What are the sales figures? I have a feeling it's small under 100,000.

Few months ago there were talks that there have been 30,000+ GP2Xs around, but I guess that figure has increased rapidly in the last three months.

Guess you can ask Craigix, if am not mistaken he was the one who gave us that figure, but am not sure.

GP32 and GP2X combined should be a little bit less than 100.000 (by now or will be quite soon) I guess, but what is so little about that? That's a hundred thousant fricken people who bought one!

GP32 and GP2X combined should be a little bit less than 100.000 (by now or will be quite soon) I guess, but what is so little about that? That's a hundred thousant fricken people who bought one!

Well compared to other handhelds that is a tiny number. Nintendo sold that many DSs in the first 10 seconds after launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other handhelds target different markets, it's as simple as that. There are more plug-and-play rich kids than people willing to work a bit to get what they want.

- Alex

I would guess that the combined total is at most 70k, possibly 75K as an absolute extreme value.

So GP2X is way more successful than GP32, since GP32 has been around for a while, yet it sold so little. I ask because I was worried Gamepark will go bankrupt like many other competitors because they can't sold much of their product. I was reading about the sixth & seventh generation of video game consoles on wikipedia and never realized that there were other systems but died within a couple of years of launch. Now there's 3, soon only 2. Time to say bye bye to Nintendo like we did to Sega? I want a GP3X, GP4X, etc to be released in the future with more and more powerful CPUs but can GPH survive that long? 100,000 units is not enough to make large profits.

Time to say bye bye to Nintendo

Nintendo is by far the most profitable game system maker (note I said *profit* not revenue). The DS is outselling everything by massive margins, and the Wii is a big hit so far. You may not be aware of this, but even the Gamecube sold just about the same amount as the Xbox worldwide. I don't see how you came to the conclusion we're going to say bye bye to them?

I guess the 70k figure for the gp32 and gp2x is about right.

I don't know what happened to the cased BOB... i'm speaking to gph tonight re a lot of things...

Other handhelds target different markets, it's as simple as that. There are more plug-and-play rich kids than people willing to work a bit to get what they want.

- Alex

I tend to think that the gp2x is more of the plug and play device when it comes to running homebrew/emulators. I bought a gp2x because I didn't want to have to work at getting basic emulators to run well on the DS or PSP ... especially the PSP.

only 2. Time to say bye bye to Nintendo like we did to Sega? I want a GP3X, GP4X, etc to be released in the future with more and more powerful CPUs but can GPH survive that long? 100,000 units is not enough to make large profits.

That brings up an interesting topic.... we keep writing about the XGP or XGP Mini from GP but what about GPH? Do they actually have a GP2X successor in the works? What else does GPH make?

Does DaveC or anyone have basic financial info on GPH?

I want the CPU power of each new GPH device to double, so faster and better emulation is achievable. BTW, the XGP has the same power as the GP2X right? So it's not going to help emulation. I know the PSP has 333 MHz CPU, a powerful machine indeed, I wonder how much faster it will be by overclocking. GP2X has dual core 200 MHz CPUs but technically it's still slower than PSP 333 MHz CPU right?

I know the PSP has 333 MHz CPU, a powerful machine indeed, I wonder how much faster it will be by overclocking. GP2X has dual core 200 MHz CPUs but technically it's still slower than PSP 333 MHz CPU right?
The PSP is actually a dual CPU machine, like the GP2X, the 2nd CPU is difficult to use.

So the GP2X has unused CPU power? That's sad and a waste. Any GP2X emu out there that utilizes both CPUs? So is emulation better on the PSP since it's more powerful?

Time to say bye bye to Nintendo like we did to Sega? I want a GP3X, GP4X, etc to be released in the future with more and more powerful CPUs but can GPH survive that long? 100,000 units is not enough to make large profits.
Nintendo is doing outrageously well right now. No worry about them going under.

As for the GP2X, you're thinking about it the wrong way. GPH is not comparable to Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, or Sega. It's a tiny company with an equally small staff and expenses. While major companies like Nintendo need to sell millions of units to turn profit, GPH doesn't. It's completely possible they can be profitable with their relatively small amount of units moved.

Also, GP32 is not a GPH console--it's a Gamepark console. They're two different companies. ;)

So GP2X is way more successful than GP32, since GP32 has been around for a while, yet it sold so little. I ask because I was worried Gamepark will go bankrupt like many other competitors because they can't sold much of their product. I was reading about the sixth & seventh generation of video game consoles on wikipedia and never realized that there were other systems but died within a couple of years of launch. Now there's 3, soon only 2. Time to say bye bye to Nintendo like we did to Sega? I want a GP3X, GP4X, etc to be released in the future with more and more powerful CPUs but can GPH survive that long? 100,000 units is not enough to make large profits.
Craig said there were 30,000 GP2x sold last year at christmas.

I guess the 70k figure for the gp32 and gp2x is about right.

I don't know what happened to the cased BOB... i'm speaking to gph tonight re a lot of things...
Was the sales figure for GP32, 30,000 right? I know most of it was in Korea.

Back