How Many Sold ?

euro48k

Website
Visit site
i took a look @ gp32x-file-archive mamegp2x downloads-counter ..
" Downloads: 70,730 "
is this closer to the number of gp2x consoles around the world ?
maybe
what do you guys think?

Don't use the archive, since the download counter doesn't reset when a new version is released.

euro48k said:
i took a look @ gp32x-file-archive mamegp2x downloads-counter ..
" Downloads: 70,730 "
is this closer to the number of gp2x consoles around the world ?
maybe
what do you guys think?
I highly doubt that. You have to remember all the older versions of MAME are in that same spot and their download counts are in that, the counter doesnt reset for each new version. So you'll have all the download counts for MAME 3.6, 3.6, 3.8 etc...

Obviously people will be upgrading their older versions, not to mention people redownloading of a corrupt download and so on... So going by the download count of software is highly inaccurate.

I would say there is most likely only 10,000 units sold world wide, certainly no more than 20,000 units at most.

Last edited by a moderator:
euro48k said:
what do you guys think?
Well, I read this article a while back... Though I don't think that this is the number of units actually in the hands of people, just the number sent to the stores. In all likelihood, the PSP has probably sold more units this past week in Japan than there are GP2Xs sold so far...

rememberthe8bit said:
euro48k said:
what do you guys think?
Well, I read this article a while back... Though I don't think that this is the number of units actually in the hands of people, just the number sent to the stores. In all likelihood, the PSP has probably sold more units this past week in Japan than there are GP2Xs sold so far...

More NDS lites are sold every day than the amount of GP2X's sold throughout its history.

This is the current weekly hardware sales situation in Japan. As usual the DS Lite and Wii systems top the list. The PSP and Xbox 360 have seen an increase in sales while the PS2 and PS3 stay roughly about the same to last weeks' reading.

DS Lite: 118,684
Wii: 65,521
PSP: 33,359
PS2: 11,974
PS3: 9,481
Xbox 360: 7,583
GBA SP: 472
Game Boy Micro: 371
Gamecube: 223
GBA: 24
DS Phat: 0

118,684 / 7 (days in a week ofcourse) = a mean of about 16954.86 per day
Those numbers would make any gp2x retailer jealous. But the gp2x has a lot more aesthetic value than other consoles. Oh well, C'est la vie.

OMars said:
Those numbers would make any gp2x retailer jealous.
Errm, nope, it wouldn't.
It would make me say "How the f**k should I package and ship 17000 gp2x a day? :eek: :eek: :eek:" ;)

Last edited:
I only hope that GPH will have the resources for a GP3X in a year or two, other than that, all's good. The larger the community, the more it gets infested with jackasses.

Yorper said:
So going by the download count of software is highly inaccurate.
Unless you're the BSA of course... :angry:

EvilDragon said:
Errm, nope, it wouldn't.
It would make me say "How the f**k should I package and ship 17000 gp2x a day? :eek: :eek: :eek:" ;)
:lol: Easy! Hire 17000 MCSEs?

EvilDragon said:
OMars said:
Those numbers would make any gp2x retailer jealous.
Errm, nope, it wouldn't.

You could try and convince some bush-votes that it would help in the war on terror. They would help you faster than Dick Cheney can get out of trouble for shooting his elderly friend in the face with a shotgun on a quail hunt. ;)

I Can remember that I saw posted somewhere, the number of gp2x's were sold at gp2x.co.uk
We can have a poll at gp32x asking if someone bought their gp2x at gp2x.co.uk we can take the number of units sold at gp2x.co.uk and multiply this with 100 divided by the percentage of people at the forum who bought their gp2x at gp2x.co.uk. That will give you a rough number of gp2x'es sold in the western(english speaking) world.

Alex. said:
I only hope that GPH will have the resources for a GP3X in a year or two, other than that, all's good. The larger the community, the more it gets infested with jackasses.
Hey! I resemble that remark!!

hee-haw! hee-haw!

:lol:

incidentally, the number of gp2x's sold is exactly the number of roads a man must walk down, before you can call him a man.

EvilDragon said:
And how many roads must a man walk down before you call him a cab?
Well, You can call him anything you like, As long as you don`t call him to early for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Back