How Many Devices Do You Carry At A Time?

How many devices do you carry at a time?

Votes: 47 31.5%

Votes: 49 32.9%

Votes: 25 16.8%

Votes: 7 4.7%

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 8-10

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • >10

Votes: 3 2.0%

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters

SONY said:
Awkward to hold too, as I have medium sized hands (and a small penis).

I just carry my phone and my Creative Zen. If I'm traveling I'll have my DS and occasionally my Palm Zire 21, even though I only play Pokemon Red on it and I can do that on my DS or with a Gameboy...

OH! I also always keep my Peek Pronto and Twitter Peek with me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tensuke said:
SONY said:
Awkward to hold too, as I have medium sized hands (and a small penis).

I just carry my phone and my Creative Zen. If I'm traveling I'll have my DS and occasionally my Palm Zire 21, even though I only play Pokemon Red on it and I can do that on my DS or with a Gameboy...

OH! I also always keep my Peek Pronto and Twitter Peek with me. :)

Are you serious? You really need a dedicated device for Twitter and a separate one for email?

michaeljustman said:
Are you serious? You really need a dedicated device for Twitter and a separate one for email?
:lol: No, I just (crappily) check those on my phone.

1. If I'm going to class, I carry my Palm Z22 (Don't buy these, they're shit).
If I'm going anywhere else, I carry a cell phone.

Also, a watch. So I don't have to fiddle around in my pants to see what time it is.

Tensuke said:
michaeljustman said:
:lol: No, I just (crappily) check those on my phone.

Phew... yeah I'm a little against convergence, because it can dilute a device's primary function, but that complete opposite end of the spectrum is a scary possibility that I had not considered. Can you imagine having a separate device for every possible thing you could need a handheld for? I can see where a Twitter freak or email junkie that can't afford a phone with a data plan might want one of those two devices... What's next Peek Facebook, Peek MySpace, Peek RSS... Why Can't Peek make a device to do all the things that a phone with a data plan can do, just minus the browsing and phone calls?

lulzfish said:
1. If I'm going to class, I carry my Palm Z22 (Don't buy these, they're shit).
Hey, I've got a Zire 21! You don't know how good you've got it, what with your fancy 200MHz cpu and color screen. And don't get me started on your first-aid program!

zaurus c1000, iaudio x5, cheap phone

-The Pandora looks good but the Zaurus still does everything I need from a portable so I am not on the pre-order list.

at least 4 - that's the baseline :ph34r:
Blackberry 93xx
Touch Pro2
Nextel
Fujitsu u810

then sometimes the zune, nokia n770, n810, psp, reb-1150... I am hoping the pandora can consolidate some of these devices for me. not to mention drivers ranging from 16gb to 1 tb with images and software...

Env Touch phone + 32GB 3rd gen iPod touch + stereo bluetooth thing that you can attach external headphones to, paired to ipod touch.

I'll carry my eee pc sometimes too if I don't mind carrying a bag with me. I tether 3G off of my phone. Wish someone would hurry up and write a BT program so I can tether my ipod to the same 3g.

Linkiboy said:
Env Touch phone + 32GB 3rd gen iPod touch + stereo bluetooth thing that you can attach external headphones to, paired to ipod touch.

I'll carry my eee pc sometimes too if I don't mind carrying a bag with me. I tether 3G off of my phone. Wish someone would hurry up and write a BT program so I can tether my ipod to the same 3g.

Couldn't you pair your phone with the computer and use Internet Connection Sharing and an ad hoc wireless network for the iPod to connect to?

Tensuke said:
Hey, I've got a Zire 21! You don't know how good you've got it, what with your fancy 200MHz cpu and color screen. And don't get me started on your first-aid program!

A Zire 21 too(z22 screen too little) to pda, "gaming" and reading. And a cheap phone with radio, mp3. And a Tapwave Zodiac.

1) Cellphone for Communications + PIM, currently a Nokia N85
2) Pocket computer for everything else, currently a Zipit Z2, although I'm not done getting it optimized for the task

The Zipit Z2 is a 300MHz ARM device with qwerty keyboard, wifi, a miniSD slot, and a 320x240 screen, for $50 and less. My last few portable computers before the Zipit were an OQO, a Zaurus, a Palm Vx, and alternately a Toshiba Libretto or an original Cassiopeia. The Pandora will be replacing the Zipit as my carry computer when it arrives.

I carry one at a time - and it's one of my various graphing calculators. Lately I've been using my TI-Nspire more often (because I turned it into a Game Boy Color without the color :p)

I said 2 as I have a PDA from 2003 and a laptop. But it could be a lot more if you count the USB hard drive and the 6 USB sticks I carry with me. Also two sets of ear phones, one of them being a bluetooth headset and headphones

1:LG viewty
(2):Zen M 30GB
(3):Sennheiser HD-650
(4):C&C XO headphone amp
(5):Wacom a5 wide special edition
6:Canon Powershot SX1is
7:WD 1TB portable disk.

()= atleast one day every week, but not always.
Sometimes I skip the sound stuff and the wacom. but most days it is the list.

But why the hell is this thread in the pandora forum? isn't this off topic?

Back