How Many Units And Time

i also believe hes doing it in vain, and i think hes making a big mistake of canceling, but im more than willing to jump in his place instead of having to wait for my #3500+ place, even though id still keep that in line as well

i really dont see the benefit in cancelling. you would always get back less money than you paid for it due to the exchange rates and you can sell it for ~5 times what you paid for it without doing anything other than forgetting about it. we know its not vapour now so at the very least you may as well consider it an investment. if you dont want it you dont want it but theres no point trying to be a hero about it for £150 or something.

Hey Raj, did you pay VAT on your Pandora? Even at £200 it seems to be quite low, without VAT added too.

I ordered mid-Oct 2009. I was estimated at around 2200-2300 (which I still think, there's a high possibility of being overly optimistic). I'm getting quite tired of waiting now, having to check the boards less otherwise I'll go crazy. I suppose at least they're being actually produced now, but having no real idea of how long it's going to take is excruciating.

yep it was 200 for pre-order plus extra £7 for postage by special delivery and then the £10 for case

No exchange rate issues as i am in UK so paid local currency - its not about being a hero or anything - just have a cut-off point and its nearing expiry - and would like to invest time and effort into something else now

RajTakhar said:
DaMummy said:
RajTakhar said:
its all smoke and daggers

I really have lost confidence in them getting first batch completed any time soon

I am at around 900 on some imaginary list

My cut of point is 11 days and counting

Pity as i did have high hopes for the device, spent ages at the initial pre-order stage sending out messages to god knows how many bulletin boards (1000+), set up a blog, even set press releases around, bestowing how this will be the best thing since sliced bread - even initially had a half complete BBC B emulator ready

But two years plus now, it does feel like wasted effort

Now looking eleswhere as i really cant see a cat in hells chance of getting mine by end of month
if youre really on planning on canceling your order, i will gladly take yours or anyone elses spot thats under 1000, just contact OP and change the address to mine and ill gladly refund you your money through paypal or google or whatever

Sounds like a plan

Like I said though I am waiting till end of the month - okay its 11 days of nothing
But just to confirm I paid by paypal for
Pandora
Case (£10)
Special delivery
I think it was all about 207 (i ordered case later) so in total it would be £217 to my paypal and I will then ask the girls to change address for delivery against my order - if that okay - then we can do the dead around 1st July 2010 - just send me a PM around that date

I'm not after making anything off this - this is genuine

Why the hell was your's so cheap? Pandora + Case + TV out + shipping = £300.84 for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Tokiopop said:
Why the hell was your's so cheap? Pandora + Case + TV out + shipping = £300.84 for me

Because the price is fixed in US Dollars, so people buying at different times were subject to different exchange rates..

Chairman_Now said:
RajTakhar said:
two months and then some!

At 3800 your more likely looking at the end of summer Honest

I think more like "perhaps in time for Halloween".

my birthday is halloween, id be satisfied if i got it by then

Tokiopop said:
RajTakhar said:
DaMummy said:
RajTakhar said:
its all smoke and daggers

I really have lost confidence in them getting first batch completed any time soon

I am at around 900 on some imaginary list

My cut of point is 11 days and counting

Pity as i did have high hopes for the device, spent ages at the initial pre-order stage sending out messages to god knows how many bulletin boards (1000+), set up a blog, even set press releases around, bestowing how this will be the best thing since sliced bread - even initially had a half complete BBC B emulator ready

But two years plus now, it does feel like wasted effort

Now looking eleswhere as i really cant see a cat in hells chance of getting mine by end of month
if youre really on planning on canceling your order, i will gladly take yours or anyone elses spot thats under 1000, just contact OP and change the address to mine and ill gladly refund you your money through paypal or google or whatever

Sounds like a plan

Like I said though I am waiting till end of the month - okay its 11 days of nothing
But just to confirm I paid by paypal for
Pandora
Case (£10)
Special delivery
I think it was all about 207 (i ordered case later) so in total it would be £217 to my paypal and I will then ask the girls to change address for delivery against my order - if that okay - then we can do the dead around 1st July 2010 - just send me a PM around that date

I'm not after making anything off this - this is genuine

Pandora + Case + TV out = £227.18 for me

I don't remember what I've selected for shipping, probably the cheapest one.

Wow. <_<

So I'm about £60 down because they choose USD for their pricing. That'd buy me a 32GB Class 4 SD.

Yeah, I paid £217.19 for a Pandora, Case and shipping, October 1st. 2008, just to be clear.

OP saw the future, and went with USD so when all this economic shit happened they could charge more for the Pandora! :p

Tokiopop said:
Wow. <_<

So I'm about £60 down because they choose USD for their pricing. That'd buy me a 32GB Class 4 SD.

More like OPT are down £££ because USAmericans got a sweet deal - OPT fixed the price to US dollars, then the dollar tanked - meaning OPT isn't making back what the unit costs!

Hope there's a lot of Pandora developers coming out of America...

Dead1nside said:
I ordered mid-Oct 2009. I was estimated at around 2200-2300
Ooohhhhh, this makes me hopeful that I will receive mine in a month or so (hopefully in time for Eth-0 2010).

My order date is late april 2009. No idea what 'estimates' would say about that.

Back