Release Hostile Takeover

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Hostile Takeover, the opensource RTS formely known as Warfare Inc.

1504434490-pyra01.png

The package is for now on the development repo, but I'll update the link when the repo goes final if url changes.

This version of Hostile Takeover is slightly modified so it run fullscreen (1280x720) on Pyra.
For the curious, it can be built from source: checkout the git and look at the README.md file for Pyra instruction. You'll build the game and the dbp.

History log
=========

Build 03
------------

• Move "home" data to appdata
  • Using fixed SDL1 for correct fullscreen
Build 02
------------

• Fixed metadata so only 1 entry is present in menu
Build 01
------------

• Initial build

Last edited:
Was one of my favorite Tapwave Zodiac games! Now if I only had a Pyra to play this on... Soon...

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : your DBP does start on my brand new Pyra, and is indeed fullscreen, but the game itself is not centered, leaving roughly 1/3 of the upper screen black.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : your DBP does start on my brand new Pyra, and is indeed fullscreen, but the game itself is not centered, leaving roughly 1/3 of the upper screen black.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
The game used to work on 240x340 screen size (even less) of old pocket pc... In the full 1280x720, there is very little level that fill all that space!

Second point is: SDL 1 fullscreen is borked for now, and the image is off. That's a known issue on current Pyra firmware.

@ptitSeb : thanks for the quick reply, as always. I just tried EcWolf3d from the repo and it has the same issue (I can only see part of the screen, 1/3 of the display's upper part is black).

Is there something we can do to help fix this bug ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : I just noticed your Hostile Takeover package does write stuff to ~/.hostile-takeover on the internal storage. The appdata/ptitSeb_ht directory is empty.

Is this a bug ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Not sure. Is that? it's emmc storage, more resiliant than SDCard (I know, sdcard can be changed, emmc is more difficult), Got to check what is expected from a dbp package (compare to a pnd).

Back