Hope And Pray With Me!

Thanks for all your support, guys.

I really hope everything'll work out fine - well, he did survive everything until now (for more than a year!!) so I really think he's got a good chance!

It started a year ago with a testicle cancer (thankfully one the few which have pretty good chances of getting cured!!!) which has been cut out.
A few months later he had a metastase (don't know if that's the right word in English... it's the spreaded cancer from the original cancer) beneath the lung.

He had a chemotherapy and it looked like it killed that thing completely.
They cut out the dead cancer.

A few weeks later, he had problems coordinating his left hand.
It came out he had another metastase at his brain (luckily it was at the outer side of the brain and could easily be cut out).

Now we all thought everything every single cancer cell had been destroyed - when he coughed some blood. He's got some more metastases in his lung.

Thursday he starts a new chemotherapy - with a really high dose.

Luckily it all derived from the testicle cancer - the chemicals which can kill it are known, so the doctors DO know what to do.

I'm pretty optimistic everything'll work out - even if it looks bad.
With that much hope on our side, it CAN only have a happy ending!

Thanks again to all of you!!
You're some great community!

I don't know how to put this eloquently: That sucks.

I'm agnostic. I believe "prayer" requires no ritual per-say, just thinking of what you wish to happen in the Universe is enough. I believe that if anything has force to preform miracles in this world, it must be positive energy from our thoughts, hopes, and dreams. So in this sense, I pray for your friend's wellbeing, and wish him all the luck that the Universe can offer.

He and you are in my thoughts EvilDragon. It's a time when lots of strength will be needed from everyone, and I wish you all the best. Time will tell, but at least he has a good friend to support him too.

Dozer posted on Jul 20 2004 at 07:12 PM said:
Why don't you people just swallow your pride and pray anyway? It might make a difference even if you don't believe it.

He's in my prayers evildragon.
Dozer who are we supposed to pray to?
But yet again, you're in my thought to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you people just swallow your pride and pray anyway? It might make a difference even if you don't believe it.

You hit the nail on the head. Because I don't believe it.
Neither do I believe that hitting a glass of wholemilk with a shovel would help his friend, but it might make a difference.

Please, don't try that pride thing. Because then I could say "Why don't you swallow your pride and worship Satan?".

And now the question why I even started to post: How can cancer spread so far? I never really informed myself about cancer, but how can you have testicle cancer in your lung? Shouldn't the groin be attacked first?

Mosch posted on Jul 21 2004 at 12:47 PM said:
And now the question why I even started to post: How can cancer spread so far? I never really informed myself about cancer, but how can you have testicle cancer in your lung? Shouldn't the groin be attacked first?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=...ancer+spread%22

Malignant cells can break off from the tumor and travel through the bloodstream until they find a suitable place to start forming a new tumor.

kknd_cf posted on Jul 21 2004 at 10:52 AM said:

Dozer who are we supposed to pray to?
But yet again, you're in my thought to.
To God. Even if you don't believe in him what harm is there in trying.

I'm an agnostic, and unlike generalnmx I'm not convinced that positive energy from our thoughts really does anything.

On the other hand, it might; and so might prayer.

So EvilDragon; I can sincerely say that you have my deepest sympathies, and a prayer as well (the first in years).

Good luck.

You have my best wishes, EvilDragon. I recently lost a cousin to cancer just last Christmas. The scenario was about the same as the one you described (we thought it was gone and celebrated). I sincerely hope your friend pulls through. Just keep by his side and tell him to keep fighting.

The doctors just said he has a good chance... so it doesn't look TOO bad (well, from a certain point of view cause cancer always looks bad...)

BTW: It's the same cancer Lance Armstrong survived. Only difference: Lance Armstrong realized it MUCH later (he was ALREADY coughing blood), so it looked MUCH worse for Lance Armstrong... and he won the Tour de France afterwards :)

I feel sorry for everyone who lost anyone through cancer... I KNOW what you've been through! It's horrible - not only for the person who has it, but also for the supporting family and friends...

Just a quick update:

Now, after a high-dosis chemotherapy and an operation later, everything is looking fine!
He's alive, recovering pretty fast and coming back to work soon...

(which means I don't have to work for two guys anymore soon... I did this for 1 1/2 years now, with only 1 week holidays... peeewwww...)

As always, Cancer may return... but the doctors said the possibility this cancer will return is about 1% :))

So to every other who ever has to do with such a disease:
DON'T EVER LOSE HOPE :)

If you lose hope, you lost...

If you keep hope, you may win...

It's nice to hear a story like this with a good ending. I am a great believer in the power of thought and meditation for healing and as you say EvilDragon. Never lose hope.

Back