Hip Hop Trivia Thread

What artist took a Curtis Mayfield hit song, pretty much ripped it off, and then wanted to be considered "new and original"?

OMars said:
What artist took a Curtis Mayfield hit song, pretty much ripped it off, and then wanted to be considered "new and original"?

Speaking as a Mayfield fan, I can think of many of crappy covers of his song, but in the context of hip hop, i guess it would have to be either Kanye west, who used move on up in touch the sky, or 2pac ooor that song Fireman, which sampled Pusherman, by drag on.

I'm pretty sure eminem has sampled him and paul weller as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
OMars said:

Speaking as a Mayfield fan, I can think of many of crappy covers of his song, but in the context of hip hop, i guess it would have to be either Kanye west, who used move on up in touch the sky, or 2pac ooor that song Fireman, which sampled Pusherman, by drag on.

I'm pretty sure eminem has sampled him and paul weller as well...

Yup, it's Kanye alright! :lol:

DCGM - 3
virusx - 3
OMars - 3

peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
blah - 1
mdinire - 1
Nova - 1

During his 2005 tour, this critically acclaimed rap artist publically humiliated atlanta rap group "D4L" by mocking the Snap Dance on stage. The group did not respond to the verbal attack, citing they had "too much respect" for this rapper, and looked up to him.

SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY!

Do they really class as hip-hop?

And it was someone from the WTC, i just don't remember which...

I found the name, but I found it while searching some D4L songs...
Now I know why I don't know them :lol:

Ok, WTF, it's been a while now DCGM, and nobody has really answered the question. Gotta a hint for us? :p

Well I'm pretty sure he was from the WTC, so... Ghost?

Nova said:
Well I'm pretty sure he was from the WTC, so... Ghost?
Yup. Come on omars, nova of all people got it right (no offense, nova :p ). You shouldnt need a hint for this kind of question...

DCGM - 3
virusx - 3
OMars - 3

Nova - 2
peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
blah - 1
mdinire - 1

What rap artist goes (or used to go) by a long list of names, including one of Godzilla's arch nemeses?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
OMars said:
What rap artist goes (or used to go) by a long list of names, including one of Godzilla's arch nemeses?
mf doom

yup

DCGM - 4
virusx - 3
OMars - 3
Nova - 2
peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
blah - 1
mdinire - 1

Yep, it would indeed be Snoop.

DCGM - 4
virusx - 3
OMars - 3
Nova - 2
peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
mdinire - 2
blah - 1
"Another 9 inch **** classic."

Oh, now I get it! :lol:

What rapper often mentions his own name when talking about legendary artist like B.I.G. and Tupac and gets heat from another rapper who even made a song dissing him?

*Extra point if you get the song right,
the song name must be in the same post or it won't be accepted,
no point will be given if the first part of the question has already been answered...

OMars said:
Yep, it would indeed be Snoop.

DCGM - 4
virusx - 3
OMars - 3
Nova - 2
peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
mdinire - 2
blah - 1
"Another 9 inch **** classic."

Oh, now I get it! :lol:

What rapper often mentions his own name when talking about legendary artist like B.I.G. and Tupac and gets heat from another rapper who even made a song dissing him?

*Extra point if you get the song right,
the song name must be in the same post or it won't be accepted,
no point will be given if the first part of the question has already been answered...

Jay Z,

my man Nas made Ether (just listened to it in the car actually :p )

edit: this is a guess, I could actually be wrong. Too much beef in hip hop if you ask me ;)

Back