Mainstream Rap/hip=hop

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 3 2006 at 05:47 PM said:
And, did anyone look further than the USA?

Yes, I have mentioned finding a CD by a German rapper who goes by the name 'Clueso' in my local $1 shop twice in this thread. Have you ever heard anything by him? I'm not a big fan of rap, so I'm interested to know if anyone else thinks he's any good. I like about 2-3 songs on the CD, so I think it must be good, as most rap I can't stand at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I live in Germany, I don't really like most of the german rap (it just sounds ridiculous most of the time), but ive heard 2 or 3 songs of Clueso and I didn't really like him......

Check out 'Adriano (Letzte Warnung)' (means: Adriano - Last Warning) from 'Brothers Keepers', it actually sounds like dark, grimy QB-Rap but is actually a song about this african-german (?) guy who got murdered by racists in Germany in 2001.
Its really a track that gets you into german rap, imagine CNN in 97, but less gangsta, less thug, but down-to-earth and still dark & grimey and with some singing in it. Some english parts also in it, they collaberated with some UK reggae singers for it back then. Make sure you get the 7 Minutes long version.
Then, check out tracks like "Jein" from Fettes Brot or "Dreist" from Samy Deluxe (hes black, so dont wonder why he uses the n word so freely). Btw if you just want to freak out, d/l "Schwule Mädchen" from fettes brot :p translated it means "Gay girls" ;)

edit: listen to some Fort Minor. and im NOT meaning his album, which sucked pretty much. I mean his "We Major" mixtape with dj green lantern. You will all get blown away, the beats are the best you heard in a while and all these rappers like S.O.B., Apathy, Ghostface etc. are just killing it. Go and down... uhm, go down to your local store, i mean.

www.songstowearpantsto.com

He has some rap... most not though.... sstill a good site

just thought, I think That NWA Site classes Snoop Dogg in NWA as if you watch some of the live NWA music videos without Eazy E in, Snoop is like standing in for him singing his part.

oh yea, another one -

Beastie Boys (Fight for your Right, Time to get Ill and No Sleep Till Brooklyn are my favourite :) )

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 3 2006 at 12:36 PM said:
download "bust a move" by run dmc. great song.
Do you mean "Young MC"? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost no one here has listed anything much from the Bay Area ;)

Everyone download some:
Heiroglyphics
Del the Funky Homosapien
Ghost Ride It (this ones a song, by Mistah Fab *i think*)

So, I think someone mentioned Ghostface, but how come no-one's suggested Wu-Tang?

I'm shocked

EDIT: No, it was mentioned quite a bit, my bad.

Back