Mainstream Rap/hip=hop

OMars posted on Jul 31 2006 at 07:10 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 31 2006 at 12:52 PM said:
...never heard of him. Recommend some good songs?
Here's some of his new stuff:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Basket Case
Benzi Box
El Chupa Nibre
Mince Meat
No Names
Old School
Perfect Hair
Sofa King
Space Hos
The Mask

He has a lot, just "browse" for it at your "nearest store". :rolleyes:
<_< Why didn't you just say to check out The Mouse and the Mask instead of giving a track list. He can't browse for it at his newest store becuase you didn't tell him the album name and it is under Danger Doom instead of MF Doom, so he wouldn't be able to find it.

triksR4rabits: Entroducing is the shit. I've got Krush's stuff but I hadn't heard of cut chemist's Lesson6 before, I'll be sure to check that out, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just wondering, has anyone here besides me ever listened to any Clueso at all? I'm not really a judge of what good rap is (as I don't like much of it at all), so it'd be nice to get an outside opinion of the one rap CD that I have.

I'm a fan of the following, and ONLY the following:

Mos Def
Blackstar
Talib Kweli
Reflection Eternal
The Roots
Dead Prez
Fugees
Biggie.

End of story.

Mobb Deep from 95-99
Nas, esp. Illmatic
Wu-Tang 93-96
Zion I
People under the Stairs
Jedi Mind Tricks (esp. their classic Violent By Design from '99)
The Lox..
Some Biggie, Some Pac
Blackalicious
Lupe Fiasco (hes the future!)
Some Jigga (esp. his reasonable doubt debut album from '96)
Del tha funkee homospaien
Foreign Exchange (only little from the real Little Brother)
some Ugly Duckling...
One Be Lo & Binary Star
Cormega..
Big L...
Kanye..
Common..
The Roots! (edit: forgot to add them, shame on me... their '96 illadelph halflife album is probably the best album in the world)

etc.

Thats what i like to listen to.
Btw i really can't stand 50 cent & g-unit, imo they are destroying the hip-hop world, this guy is supposed to rap, but all he does is singing and dissing every rapper in the game just because it boosts record sales. Plus Nas, The Lox, Scarface, Shyne, Fat Joe etc etc etc etc ... already destroyed him lyrically a thousand times. He just plain sucks.

I highly recommend the freestyle MC turned commercial rapper, RHYMEFEST. He defeated Emin3m in the Scribble Jam Rap freestyle battles.

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 2 2006 at 11:32 AM said:
Mobb Deep from 95-99
Nas, esp. Illmatic
Wu-Tang 93-96
Zion I
People under the Stairs
Jedi Mind Tricks (esp. their classic Violent By Design from '99)
The Lox..
Some Biggie, Some Pac
Blackalicious
Lupe Fiasco (hes the future!)
Some Jigga (esp. his reasonable doubt debut album from '96)
Del tha funkee homospaien
Foreign Exchange (only little from the real Little Brother)
some Ugly Duckling...
One Be Lo & Binary Star
Cormega..
Big L...
Kanye..
Common..
The Roots! (edit: forgot to add them, shame on me... their '96 illadelph halflife album is probably the best album in the world)

etc.

thats a good fuckin list. Here are a few others:

Big Punisher
Artifacts (one of the best)
2 Skinny J's
kool keith aka dr. Octagon
from Dell check out Deltron 3030
The Beatnuts
AZ
Goodie Mob
Outkast
Black Star
also Hit Tek & Talib Quali's Reflection Eternal
Cannibus (get the 'best of,' not individual albums)
mf Grimm (recently gm grimm)
Gang Starr
Heiroglyphics
D.I.T.C.
O.C.
Lost Boyz
Showbiz and A.G.
Ras Kass
Non Phixion
BLACK MOON (enta da stage is a classic)
Smif N Wessun
Punchline and Words
and i know this sounds corny, but Xzibit. check out his first to albums- At The Sped of Life and 40 Dayz and 40 nightz- both are great

pretty much anything after 1996 is pure shit. There are a few exceptions, but most rap today is some stupid black guy repeating the same fuckin 2 second phrase/sentence about 8 million times throughout the "song."

I can't stand reptetition like that.

I prefer mostly "oldschool" shit... Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, NWA, Naughty by Nature, Domino, Warren G, Nate Dogg, some Eminem, mc chris, ICP, Coolio, Ice Cube, and Del tha Funkee Homosapien.

Ben_Doverz_back! posted on Aug 3 2006 at 04:25 AM said:
I highly recommend the freestyle MC turned commercial rapper, RHYMEFEST. He defeated Emin3m in the Scribble Jam Rap freestyle battles.
My God, He's back! :eek:

finty posted on Jul 31 2006 at 12:38 AM said:
Some of the artists I have been listening to:
The Game
Ying Yang Twins
KRS One
Jay Z
Chamillionaire
B.I.G

Hate all them New Style Rap Artists....

What you realy want to be listening to is the good old stuff -

Dr Dre
Snoop Dogg (His old stuff, not the new stuff...)
Ice Cube
N.W.A
Eazy E
Wu Tang
Cypress Hill
Onyx
Run DMC

Listen to them and you will never listen to that new shit thats out now...

Go for a N.W.A Album first eg "Straight Outta Compton". N.W.A is like extreme Gangster Rap and features Dr Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Eazy E, DJ Yella and Snoop Dogg towards the end, so its like a mixture of the best :)

^^ Snoop is on ONE NWA song.. you cant call him a member without mentioning the DOC or Arabian Prince

Anyone listen to Mac Dre? :(

mdinire posted on Aug 3 2006 at 06:33 PM said:
^^ Snoop is on ONE NWA song.. you cant call him a member without mentioning the DOC or Arabian Prince

he is listed as a member in NWA, Check out NWAWorld... He wasnt a member at the start of NWA...

^^ thats a fansite, they could of said vanilla ice was in NWA if they wanted.. the reason snoop is there is because he WAS going to replace Eazy in the NWA Reunion album untill Dre'sta made a song: "Fuck NWA"..

anyway, Snoop could never replace Eazy E, it just wouldnt sound right... Too bad he died of aids :( .

Yeah Eazy's my #5 rapper.. too bad he doesnt get the same respect as 2pac (who is inferior imo)

mdinire posted on Aug 3 2006 at 01:33 PM said:

I've never even heard of Mac Dre... and I tend to stear clear of music/movie/game suggestions from friends(and anyone else, for that matter) unless I actually have reason, as a result of my own observation, to think the person giving the suggestion might be right. In most cases, he/she isn't.

wasn't mac dre shot to death in 03? if so, r.i.p. .... anyway, never heard anything from him

Whats about Roots Manuva? just listened to some of his stuff... and woah. It's real good music, you gotta check him out. Also, listen to some Kaze... does anybody know of his album 'Spirit of '94' he did with 9th Wonder !? I guess the title of the album says everything :)
Plus, Zion I is mad underrated.... their newest album "True & Livin'" from 2005 is almost a classic to me... It's what Newskool Rap should sound like, IMO. Nothing like that crap that you see on television.
And, did anyone look further than the USA? You just gotta hear Looptroop from Sweden (no joke!!), these guys can rap.... and that in english, which isnt even their first language. I suggest you listen to their "A Modern Day City Symphony" album, its class. While talking about "foreign" (if you want so) hiphop music, do also listen to groups like "IAM" from France or "Fettes Brot" from Germany.....

Ahhh, cant stop talking :rolleyes:

Back