Has *anybody* received a refund from OpenPandora Ltd (Craig's) in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should celebrate that Ed made his queue a priority over mine? And thus resulted in my customers thinking I'm somehow scamming them? Even though I have no control over the distribution of units?

It does make me sad that, inevitably, when Ed clears his queue the usual shit will come my way, but I've had no control over this for over a year.

So Ed gets himself out the shit but leaves me in it, this is not what we agreed back when he wanted to take this over.

The units should have been distributed evenly, no queue should have been prioritised, I certainly didn't do that when I was building the units.
Craig, you can't possibly imagine how hard I wish you get sued for the shit you piled up during the last years! This way you would be forced to stop bullshitting around and finally deliver the real truth!

Blaming the people who worked their asses off to keep the Pandora from dying is just disgusting.

Probably the most depressing thread in the forum.  I guess one can't expect to open Pandora's box and survive unscathed.

All I can say here is if Craig continues to not put up his figures as did Ed.  Then NOONE will believe what he has to say anymore.  It's as simple as that lets stop pussy footing around trying to reason with him, with paragraphs and paragraphs of posts.

There's only one solution that I can see working at this stage.

1)  Craigs list of remaining  orders and his list of refunds to be provided to ED

2)  ED looks after them via direct deliveries and refunds - He uses money generated from sales under the current agreement . Equal ratio of refunds to pre-orders is used (Currently no money from sales is going to refunds )

3)  ED Provides regular updates on the numbers remaining in the two separate lists (remaining orders + refunds) fortnightly.

This will allow:

*  Craigs refunds to start flowing again,

*  Craig to finally be finished with dealing with Pandora as he has expressed he wants.

*  Openness on where the queues are. 

*  I imagine sales will increase due to the dark clouds on this project being removed

If ED and Craig are ok with this plan ?,  lets make it happen and get Pandora back on it's feet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We should celebrate that Ed made his queue a priority over mine? And thus resulted in my customers thinking I'm somehow scamming them? Even though I have no control over the distribution of units?

It does make me sad that, inevitably, when Ed clears his queue the usual shit will come my way, but I've had no control over this for over a year.

So Ed gets himself out the shit but leaves me in it, this is not what we agreed back when he wanted to take this over.

The units should have been distributed evenly, no queue should have been prioritised, I certainly didn't do that when I was building the units.
Craig, you can't possibly imagine how hard I wish you get sued for the shit you piled up during the last years! This way you would be forced to stop bullshitting around and finally deliver the real truth!

Blaming the people who worked their asses off to keep the Pandora from dying is just disgusting.
I think it's disgusting you're openly accusing ED of cleaning his queue faster. when he has said pretty over and over, he's evenly split the batches.

We can only assume you've been holding back information from him... because the estimations he made guessed you had a very manageable queue size..... not this stupidly large 500 or whatever you've said. 

unless you have proof he didn't.

Craig should file for bankruptcy, it seemed like he is willing to do that.

I assume then we will know what the 'real' pre-order and refund list is. People that requested a refund, can receive a Pandora from ED instead of the refund if ED is willing and able. This could be financed with profit and/or donations.

Every plan with Craig in it, seems like a bad plan to me. 

Do you think the bucket nonsense should be moved to absurdism corner?

@Binky: yes.

@vcoleiro: Or you know, you could pay for Craig's refunds yourself, rather than freely offering up ED's money to pay off debts that aren't his.

Seriously ED would have to be mad to take on Craig's debt as you suggest.

What would be better would be for Craig to set up a drop-shipping arrangement with ED, and start selling pandoras.  Then he could market them how he wants to market them in his own store, and OpenPandora Ltd would have an income again.

- Neelix

I think it's disgusting you're openly accusing ED of cleaning his queue faster. when he has said pretty over and over, he's evenly split the batches.

We can only assume you've been holding back information from him... because the estimations he made guessed you had a very manageable queue size..... not this stupidly large 500 or whatever you've said. 
Sorry - but am I missing something here?

As far as I understood, ED currently has no obligation whatsoever towards Craig, unless Craig pays for every unit that is delivered to him (or his customers). Therefore the distribution of systems is completely irrelevant. That ED is using funds from sales and donations for Craig's customers is a pure goodwill thing.

[edit] typos

The monkeys, apes, seals, buckets, cats and coffee discussion are now in absurdism corner

Since Craig posted his hilarious take on reality this whole thread has been ridiculous. I found the monkeys to be more sane to be honest.

D.

Since Craig posted his hilarious take on reality this whole thread has been ridiculous. I found the monkeys to be more sane to be honest.

D.
I agree. Craig returning to the forum and ignoring pretty much every question that every purchaser has ever asked (about units, refunds the iCP2 etc. etc.) is beyond the ridiculous. The stuff in the Absurdism Corner generally makes more sense and is certainly far more believable.

I really hope all this is sorted out at some point, but until then there's going to be a lot of angry and upset people - if posting pictures of monkeys in buckets helps to vent steam, then that's not a bad thing.

@Binky: yes.

@vcoleiro: Or you know, you could pay for Craig's refunds yourself, rather than freely offering up ED's money to pay off debts that aren't his.

Seriously ED would have to be mad to take on Craig's debt as you suggest.

What would be better would be for Craig to set up a drop-shipping arrangement with ED, and start selling pandoras.  Then he could market them how he wants to market them in his own store, and OpenPandora Ltd would have an income again.

- Neelix
I'm not suggesting anything other than whats already agreed between ED and Craig in accordance with the agreement they have where some of ED's sales pay for a Pandora that goes to a Craig pre-order .  All I'm suggesting is that some times rather than that cash being being spent to make a Pandora for a Craig pre-order it is used instead for a Craig refund  - ED has already said he would be ok with this in a previous post in this thread.

You're suggesting it's mad when its not really deviating much from the current agreement.

Also, Craig doesn't want anything to do with Pandora, he's made that clear. You suggest he start selling it again, really? - Do you honestly think anyone would buy a Pandora from him now (even with drop shipping)?.   That goose is cooked IMO.   

It's all good and well to bag Craig and get angry over the situation and it's understandable. But right now we need solutions.  and as Ive said , the only solution for Craigs Pre-order list and his refund list people is what I mentioned in post 248 above.  All it takes is for Craig to send ED 2 lists - Remaining orders and refunds

For posterity here's the proposed plan again.

1)  Craigs list of remaining  orders and his list of refunds to be provided to ED

2)  ED looks after them via direct deliveries and refunds - He uses money generated from sales under the current agreement . Equal ratio of refunds to pre-orders is used (Currently no money from sales is going to refunds )

3)  ED Provides regular updates on the numbers remaining in the two separate lists (remaining orders + refunds) fortnightly.

This will allow:

*  Craigs refunds to start flowing again,

*  Craig to finally be finished with dealing with Pandora as he has expressed he wants.

*  Openness on where the queues are. 

*  I imagine sales will increase due to the dark clouds on this project being removed

If ED and Craig are ok with this plan ?,  lets make it happen and get Pandora back on it's feet. 

I got the distinct impression that Craig's refund queue isn't restricted to cancelled pre-orders. I also got the impression that there are also more pre-orders than ED had accounted for.

Any plan that involves making ED responsible for the debts of OP Ltd, rather than OP Ltd generating an income of its own is only going to end in trouble later.

I also haven't seen any indication that either ED or Craig would be willing to execute this plan so please stop saying "Lets make it happen"   There's nothing any of us (other than ED or Craig themselves) can do to make it happen, so it's rather pointless. 

As for whether anyone would buy from Craig again,   sure they would.   One thing he *is* good at is sales,  if he's motivated to do so. Look at the iCP2 kickstarter,   he had no trouble getting supporters for it.  He *could* still get back on track if he really wanted to,

- Neelix

The whole original pre-order thing has gone on long enough now; ed must even be getting tired of it by now.

it may end up with ed handling craigs old pre-orders if thats feasible.

I think i still have a tv out cable on order with craig but thats not so a big deal to me.small money spent years ago.

Incidentally though i have always had timely and impeccable customer service from craig. no hitches at all.

upgrade my original order to a one nub, one nub had lcd failure etc so i was sent a fully working 2 nub pandora as replacement which worked flawlessly till i sold it to fund a 1ghz.

edit sure i can't see the sense in ed taking any more financial burdens upon himself. I think he's more swamped with work than the swampthing.

What is the point of being good at sales when you cant deliver anything ? You end up looking like a snake oil merchant. except that in this case he does not even deliver the snake oil. Look at the ICP2 disaster. Craig is the one-man army who can destroy a whole community just by himself. 

As for whether anyone would buy from Craig again,   sure they would.   One thing he *is* good at is sales,  if he's motivated to do so. Look at the iCP2 kickstarter,   he had no trouble getting supporters for it.  He *could* still get back on track if he really wanted to,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back