Has *anybody* received a refund from OpenPandora Ltd (Craig's) in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Moxie..

I'm not referring to Roberts' security fraud either, just that his long history of raising many millions of dollars in venture capital and debt at the helm of startups, then running the companies into bankruptcy before starting over with a new one. The comparison with Craig would be if he files for OpenPandora Ltd's bankruptcy while reaping income from Product Three LLC. Roberts actually got away with it several times but it did eventually start catching up to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig is definately not a fraud... or he is a pretty bad one, but I have serious concern of him being unable to manage a business...

Even if Craig is committing fraud (that's a big if), it would appear that its a spectacularly unlucrative one.

I don't know how the topic got on fraud. The question is if Craig will divest his personal assets to keep OpenPandora Ltd from bankruptcy. That's where the Timothy Roberts comparison was drawn (not so much because he starts new companies after running the old ones into the ground but because he keeps his lavish multi-million dollar properties while filing)

As far as I can see, Exo is not implying anything at all. He is saying that it is in Craigs best interest to not be like Timothy Roberts. Don't go putting words in other peoples mouths...eh, keyboards.
Actually he is:

"So it's probably in Craig's best interest to not try playing Timothy Roberts CEO and actually do what he can to make good on his company's debt. Not to say he'll follow what's in his best interests.."

This implies that not making good on his debts (which is currently the state of affairs) is equivalent to "Playing Timothy Roberts CEO". Does this seem like a stretch to anyone besides me?

No, he does not (and it does not). Stop trying to stir controversy by putting words in peoples mouths. It is rather disrespectful.

Actually he is:

"So it's probably in Craig's best interest to not try playing Timothy Roberts CEO and actually do what he can to make good on his company's debt. Not to say he'll follow what's in his best interests.."

This implies that not making good on his debts (which is currently the state of affairs) is equivalent to "Playing Timothy Roberts CEO". Does this seem like a stretch to anyone besides me?
You're really having a hard time understanding what I wrote. I said that IF he doesn't use money that he later obtains (as opposed to money he can freely spend now, which as far as we're aware is nothing) to spend on Pandora, instead opting to bankrupt it, that he'd be doing business like Timothy Roberts. Then I clarified that that doesn't mean he'd be guilty of everything Roberts is, just that he'd share that one thing in common. Since Craig hasn't actually done this (yet) it isn't accusing him of anything.

Grammar Fight!

- I know I'm not helping......

This is really strange because when I replied to Exophase's original post, his subsequent posts and explanations were not visible to me -- they only appeared (ahead of my reply) after my reply was posted...

EDIT: Addendum: now I understand how it was intended and why the comparison is valid.

Last year Ed has made it clear to me he runs the OP show now. He has his own team of people who he takes advice from.

I have no influence on what he is doing or if we will ever get those missing units which he promised when he asked to take over production. That's just business I suppose. I do believe Ed did think he could supply them when he took over, but things often don't go to plan.

Occasionally he will send units to me which we then send to outstanding customers. 

I now work 95% of my time with a job elsewhere. My partner was made redundant from her job at the end of last year. The Pandora cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars to make happen, which I will never get back. I've come to terms with this.

Ed asked me to reduce my forum presence because I make waves or cause trouble for him or whatever, and I've done so.

I don't know who his 'investors' are, I don't know his business plan and have minimal contact with him. 

OP Ltd runs as a shell trying to finish up the remaining outstanding orders, and it will have done so before the end of this year (if things continue at the current rate), at which point it will be wound up. There are a few hundred remaining outstanding orders at the last count.

Alternatively if things do not continue at the current rate via Ed then the company will be placed in to liquidation (it has no assets - no one would get anything - not good). Ideally being patient means everyone gets their refund/Pandora, this is what we would like to happen.

The buy back/upgrade option is in process and should allow for enough money to finish things up.

There won't be a Pandora2.

Last year Ed has made it clear to me he runs the OP show now. He has his own team of people who he takes advice from.

I have no influence on what he is doing or if we will ever get those missing units which he promised when he asked to take over production. That's just business I suppose. I do believe Ed did think he could supply them when he took over, but things often don't go to plan.

Occasionally he will send units to me which we then send to outstanding customers. 

I now work 95% of my time with a job elsewhere. My partner was made redundant from her job at the end of last year. The Pandora cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars to make happen, which I will never get back. I've come to terms with this.

Ed asked me to reduce my forum presence because I make waves or cause trouble for him or whatever, and I've done so.

I don't know who his 'investors' are, I don't know his business plan and have minimal contact with him. 

OP Ltd runs as a shell trying to finish up the remaining outstanding orders, and it will have done so before the end of this year (if things continue at the current rate), at which point it will be wound up. There are a few hundred remaining outstanding orders at the last count.

Alternatively if things do not continue at the current rate via Ed then the company will be placed in to liquidation (it has no assets - no one would get anything - not good). Ideally being patient means everyone gets their refund/Pandora, this is what we would like to happen.

The buy back/upgrade option is in process and should allow for enough money to finish things up.

Does this mean you won't be shipping any tv out cables?

You mean you don't intend to organise one?

ED has shown some (rather conservative) interest in a direct descendant of the P2.
Ed has told me and Mike he has no interest in it, and we don't have any real interest in it either (there are better ways to make a living, we're all older now, in our 30s and suddenly a stable life is a serious business).

I don't think anyone wants to repeat this whole experience.

I thought ED said he won't do it again with you but is open to ceate something new later on when this whole mess is cleaned up hopefully.

Edit: Welcome back btw. What took you so long?

I'm VERY disappointed in this as your 1st post here states: "The iControlpad2, which will form the basis of the Pandora2 controls, is now on KS here:"

You mean you don't intend to organise one?

ED has shown some (rather conservative) interest in a direct descendant of the P2.
Ed has told me and Mike he has no interest in it, and we don't have any real interest in it either (there are better ways to make a living, we're all older now, in our 30s and suddenly a stable life is a serious business).

I don't think anyone wants to repeat this whole experience.
This somehow leaves a slightly sad taste =S

Me and my GF tried to support as good as we could

(4 Pandoras at all, even my Mum plays Pandora now.... c.O)

Hope this all works out well in the final chapter / end.

EDIT : No matter what happened in the chapters before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back