Has anybody received a Pandora from the original first batch queue in the last few weeks?

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
Is it time to draw a line under this, or is ED still shipping units to Craig?

The "survey" got me quite excited, especially the bit about getting old CC units a bit quicker.

Were the survey results ever published anywhere?

Is there anywhere that the current status is shown anymore?

I don't believe ED's sending units to Craig any more - part of the reason for the survey was to get around Craig's mysterious aversion to sending ED the addresses of his customers so he could complete his contracts for him. If you look in the category this thread's been moved into you can see that last month ED sent out 14 Pandoras to people who voted to and stumped up another 270 EUR. If you're talking about those who selected to wait without paying any extra, that's a bit further down the line.

I'm personally hoping the TV out cables cause a few more profits to be made for ED's shop which he might be so gracious to use to help move Craig's queue along.

There have been some troubles with screen quality, lately. (mostly dirt under the touch layer)

So ED had to stop Pandora's production and get things sorted with the screen maker.

The latest news I read about that was that they were testing all the screens they have.

That way, they'll use the good ones to keep producing and the defective ones will be send back.

(Pandora curse is still lurking :ph34r:  )

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, in fact, all of the one who chose to upgrade for 270 EUR should have received their units unless they didn't use their voucher yet.

The LCD issue is currently being worked on, the old LCDs have been shipped back, replacement ones will hopefully arrive soon.

As soon as the new LCDs are here, quite a lot more units will be shipped out. I'll make a summary and will post how many will ship soon later tonight.

Yes, in fact, all of the one who chose to upgrade for 270 EUR should have received their units unless they didn't use their voucher yet.

The LCD issue is currently being worked on, the old LCDs have been shipped back, replacement ones will hopefully arrive soon.

As soon as the new LCDs are here, quite a lot more units will be shipped out. I'll make a summary and will post how many will ship soon later tonight.
It seems donations have covered another lot of units again so well done to all the donors! :)

It seems donations have covered another lot of units again so well done to all the donors! :)
Damn right. We're getting there :D

I can almost downgrade the amount of Criags preorders from clownshoes huge to big feet, you know what that means.. we're getting somewhere ;)

I've sent 18 CC PCBs where I replaced the nubs back to Craig.

I've got 3 times as many more when I come back home on Monday and will finish them as soon as possible.

Craig assembles and ships the CC units himself, so I can't tell much more about  that.

I've got 3 times as many more when I come back home on Monday and will finish them as soon as possible.

Craig assembles and ships the CC units himself, so I can't tell much more about  that.
Hmm, Craig was selling CC units rather cheaply at about £130 on gbax.com. I bought one just under 2 months ago, which is after the survey finished. So people who asked for a CC unit on the survey are still waiting, while several units were sold to new customers instead?

Hmm, Craig was selling CC units rather cheaply at about £130 on gbax.com. I bought one just under 2 months ago, which is after the survey finished. So people who asked for a CC unit on the survey are still waiting, while several units were sold to new customers instead?
http://www.viddler.com/v/d4cac791

Craig assembles and sells the Cc units himself on GBAX is probably what is really happening. :angry:

Wait, what? Why is he selling them? Why is he not sending them out to his original preorders?

As mentioned else where there are some ~200 faulty CC Pandoras, about half of these can be fixed (eventually), and I'm slowly doing this. We know from the survey that these are not required for preorders.

They have/will have new nubs, cases, LCD cable etc.

I've put a few on the site @ £129 along with spares to get things moving
Back then, I kind of assumed that the CC preorders had already been sent out, or at least that there were enough fixed ones to send them soon in addition to the ones being sold.

He is talking about FAULTY ones here, not new ones.

I remember in that GBAX thread he created that I asked whether original preorders can ask for these units when they see that they are offered to get this one instead and he kinda agreed (have to dig that out for the exact wording).

So any preorder who sees one of the units on GBAX he's fine with shoudl contact Craig right away.

As I understand, my Pandora and the others sold with it were repaired PCBs with the other parts new; and you are also sending repaired PCBs to be assembled with the other parts new. So I don't see a difference there.

Is it possible that a distinction is being drawn between faults caught at manufacture/when the device is first sent out and  subsequent returns later in the warrenty period? I can see that that makes a fair bit of difference to the legal standing of selling the device "as new", which is what the preorders are/should be.

I'm just replacing the nubs.

These units are not broken and not preowned.

If I understood the poster above, he actually sold units with defects on GBAX, not fully working or preowned ones, right?

There were some units sold with defects, and others sold fully working. I bought one listed as fully working. I think it was a repaired PCB in new case (not actually sure if the PCB was preowned or not).

If you're replacing the nubs, wouldn't that be because they're broken?

Origimbo may be right that there's a difference between a repaired PCB that was returned with faults, and a repaired PCB where the fault was detected before sending it out.

Back