Halo 1 Recreation, Will Need Improved Engine

Spartan III

Still Fresh
I am planning to recreate the whole of Halo 1 for Xbox using the Gigas Engine.
However, this will require new features to be in the engine.

- Characters can shoot projectiles, and enemies will be able to shoot projectiles from a distance

-Large entities

I won't be doing all the work though, if the Gigas engine will support MIDI files, I will get hold of a MIDI crew, and i will also need a spriter for the charsets.

Otherwise, with these changes, it's possible...

It's still in progress. he has the projectile thing already on his list. I don't know about the bigger sprites though. :)

Haha, yes, it sounds crazy, using an RPG engine to make a Shoot em up, but trust me, with a projectile engine, and bigger character sprites (I could perhaps make a scene where you control a vehicle as an entity), it's all very possible.

If that interests you, check this...I am a Halo fanatic:

http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14532&start=0

halotfor3.jpg

halotfor2.jpg

(just a couple of sample screenshots)

That's the current Halo project I am making for the PC. However, i'd really love to play Halo on the move, so I am certainly going to make this Gigas Engine GP32 version of Halo 1!

Good luck to you, Octavious, too. :)

Accually it is completely doable, I used to do work in Rm2k and there was a guy that had created a tutorial for a overhead action zelda game tutorial using a rpg engine - requires alot and I mean alot of variables and switches to make it work. You would be better off using Zot or Fenix - Rpg for an action game is about 5x as much work over if you used a engine designed for it.

BTW Check out Don Miguels Rm2k site for info on the zelda tutorial if intereseted in learning how - forgot the link sorry.

B) Wildo2ne

Back