Gpx2 Unvailed!!

Hanz™ posted on Jul 28 2005 at 08:27 PM said:
This is just typical Gamepark fashion and we should all be used to it by now. I just can't wait to see what people have to say when DaveC is actually right. smile.gif
Shock horror.
How can teh DaveC be right???!111one

Make jokes now and laugh. But remember what I said. You will see.

When I had the Zodiac I said what if TW goes under? How will you replace that custom battery, how will apps get signed, what about the fact that so much is DRMed to one console and you need to replace it, What will happen? And everyone flamed me and said I was nuts. Now I go to the Zodiac site and NOW everyone is whining and asking the same questions that I did years ago.

You should all think closely about what I say before flamming. You will see that it is right.

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 11:50 PM said:
I think the anti-this console argument loses a lot in terms of credibility because DaveC has found a way to criticise incredibly:
GBA: "LOL RESOLUTION LOL"
Zodiac: "LOL ANALOG LOL"
DS: "LOL RESOLUTION LOL"
PSP: "LOL DIAGONALS WTF AND ALSO NO WAY WIDESCREEN LOL"
Gizmondo: "HAHA STUPID"
Palm: "NICE POWER SHAME ABOUT THE CONTRLOLS"
GP32: "LOL AS IF THERE'S NO SOUND ON SNES WHAT IS THE POINT?????"
and nobody listened.

And what was said there that is incorrect?

The only thing I see wrong there is "PSP: LOL DIAGONALS WTF." I haven't played a PSP yet, but unless they changed something about the D-pad, there's nothing wrong with it, and diagonals are fine. Other than that though, i'd say you're pretty much right about it all. Seriously, why the hell would you want to play ANY kind of game without sound? While your'e at it, why don't you just cut off your ears? WHO NEEDS SOUND FOR ANYTHING?!?! set off a grenade next to your head, you don't need to hear. Sound is just so overrated.

x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 08:33 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Jul 28 2005 at 09:10 PM said:
x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 09:07 PM said:
i for one think that this handheld is going to blow so many people away when they see what it is capable of.

And i can't wait to see davec have to eat his own words when he is proved wrong. Will he ever be able to show his face once everyone else is reaping the rewards of the gpx2???
Why do you think it is gonna be so great?
The only thing about it I am interested in is DivX.

I think it will be great because:

1. SD cards open many doors, Mega CD, Super CD, FM Towns Marty, Neo CD
2. Potential Amiga, X68000, CPS2, Gameboy Advance emulation.
3. The possibilty of newer system emulation at a later stage (32x, 3d0)
4. The chance to get existing emulators running smoother (snes, MD, pc engine)
5. True multimedia capabilities with affordable SD card storage. 1gb = £35.
6. Better pad layout for most systems with the 4 action buttons.
7. I also have faith in the comments made by both Craig and GP Holdings regarding not judging the systems capabilities by what we have read so far.

I realise it may be more of a challenge to program for, but the satisfaction levels may be higher for the devvers if they can turn out an excellent emulator because of it. We all can look and laugh at the specs of a gameboy advance, but look at what it has acheived emulation wise and it is quite staggering everything considered. Now if we can use the same philosophy with gpx2 and get behind the handheld from the start, i think that by christmas we could have our hands on one very very desirable handheld console.

Dude really you need to come out of the clouds.

"Mega CD, Super CD, FM Towns Marty, Neo CD
3. The possibilty of newer system emulation at a later stage (32x, 3d0)"

Mega CD: (2) 68000 CPUs plus various DSPs.
FM-towns: uber high resolutions, Intel architecture etc.
Amiga: 68000 loads of co-processors, 4 16 bit DACs for sound
GBA: loads of custom sprite and tile engines to name a few.
3DO: custom 24 bit cel engines for 3d texturemapped graphics.

YOU CAN NOT EMULATE ALL OF THIS ON A 200 MHz CPU!!! It is physics not magic. It is only 40 MHz more than the current GP32 model with a 2D frame buffer. It is not possible at a playable speed. If you want to see what will be possible look at the Zodiac. It has basically the same specs. On the Z SNES is only a little better than the current GP32 still slow with sound and has transparency issues, NEo is slow, choppy and has no sound, Amiga has poor compatibility no sound and is slow, GBA is unplayably slow with terrible compatibility, and it can't do the others.

The GPx32 is only 40 MHz faster. 90 if you can overclock. It is not that much more powerful than the current GP32!

Stop talking stupid!!

Squidge, you are a coder you know I am right, maybe you should set this kid straight as he won't listen to me. Otherwise he is going to go around telling everyone that you will be emulating a 3DO on a 200-250 MHz ARM with 32 MB :lol:

DaveC posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:36 AM said:
Dude really you need to come out of the clouds.

"Mega CD, Super CD, FM Towns Marty, Neo CD
3. The possibilty of newer system emulation at a later stage (32x, 3d0)"

Mega CD: (2) 68000 CPUs plus various DSPs.
FM-towns: uber high resolutions, Intel architecture etc.
Amiga: 68000 loads of co-processors, 4 16 bit DACs for sound
GBA: loads of custom sprite and tile engines to name a few.
3DO: custom 24 bit cel engines for 3d texturemapped graphics.

YOU CAN NOT EMULATE ALL OF THIS ON A 200 MHz CPU!!! It is physics not magic. It is only 40 MHz more than the current GP32 model with a 2D frame buffer. It is not possible at a playable speed. If you want to see what will be possible look at the Zodiac. It has basically the same specs. On the Z SNES is only a little better than the current GP32 still slow with sound and has transparency issues, NEo is slow, choppy and has no sound, Amiga has poor compatibility no sound and is slow, GBA is unplayably slow with terrible compatibility, and it can't do the others.

The GPx32 is only 40 MHz faster. 90 if you can overclock. It is not that much more powerful than the current GP32!

Stop talking stupid!!

Squidge, you are a coder you know I am right, maybe you should set this kid straight as he won't listen to me. Otherwise he is going to go around telling everyone that you will be emulating a 3DO on a 200-250 MHz ARM with 32 MB :lol:

Seriously Man, You have said the same thing for at least 20 of the 42 Pages. We Know that you dont think it's possible, Stop reposting the same thing over and over again. We hear you. It's not funny rereading the same point over and over again, and I neither want to skip posts. So please, if you aren't posting anything new, don't post, or at least just post a link to an old post, because your basicly repeating yourself.

Sheng posted on Jul 29 2005 at 12:51 AM said:
what is the chance of it running GBA stuff?

Gathering from what i've read on the last 42 pages.

If The EMU is making use of both CPU's, Full speed is indeed possible with sound.
If The EMU doesn't, not much more then on the GP32.

I for one, am very interested in the multimedia capabilities. I've seen many other PMP's for over $300. This thing can't only play movies very well, but it can also do a lot more. Plus it's very cheap so I'd say it's a pretty good. And also this thing isn't only for emulators, which is what almost every post here is about. Everyone's forgetting the homebrew potential of this. Who knows, maybe some new developer will pop up and port your favorite game. For example, a Stepmania (Dance Dance Revolution simulator) port/clone would be possible since there are now 4 buttons. I wouldn't be that excited to see new emulators systems not already on the GP32 come out for this, but porting and optimizing existing ones would be good.

There's a word fleeting around gpzigi discussion forum that GPX2 will not use the same TFT screen GP32 uses, due to the production cost. It is said that the TFT GP32 uses is really an old type that's rarely getting manufactured.

Hi,

Perhaps this relates to the screen that the original BLU used (no longer in production) vs the screen now used by the newer BLU+ models - which, as far as I know, are still in production?

I'd imagine the BLU+ screen would have to still be in production, seeing how they're still making GP32s... unless Gamepark ordered a bajillion screens a few years ago and never used them all, in which case it wouldn't matter if they're still being made anyway.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure just about everyone's aware by now...

Gizmondo went belly-up. Tapware is dropping Gizmondo.

Less competition for GPX2.. exellant.

Yuglooc posted on Jul 29 2005 at 01:06 AM said:
Seriously Man, You have said the same thing for at least 20 of the 42 Pages. We Know that you dont think it's possible, Stop reposting the same thing over and over again. We hear you. It's not funny rereading the same point over and over again, and I neither want to skip posts. So please, if you aren't posting anything new, don't post, or at least just post a link to an old post, because your basicly repeating yourself.

That is because I read the same stupid posts from the same retards that think a 200 MHZ ARM can emulate everything from PSX to 3DO. They keep saying how they can't wait to play Sega CD and N64 games on this thing which is obviously ridiculous. If people would stop talking stupid then I wouldn't have to repeat.

Very interesting reply at gpx2.com:

Dear customer

Thank you for your constant interest in our product line.
And i'm so glad to hear that you alread preordered gpx2.
Concerning the emulators other developers are making them.

:eek:

and this one:

Thank you for your interest in gpx2.
I guess u seem to be one of amature developers.
Firmware and SDK will be opened later.
We will do our best to reflect your opinion on it.

A600 posted on Jul 29 2005 at 03:51 AM said:
Very interesting reply at gpx2.com:

Dear customer

Thank you for your constant interest in our product line.
And i'm so glad to hear that you alread preordered gpx2.
Concerning the emulators other developers are making them.

:eek:

A little pre-mature? Who is making them? Squidge? Rlyeh? Reesy? No oh they must be *assuming* that they will automatically make them when the unit is released.

Why didn't they just make it so the old ones work? That would make too much sense.

sorry but i have to agree with davec on this one. other than new homebrew i can't see this being much better for emulation than what we already have. look at what the Zod and palms can do at around these same specs...not a that much more than the current GP32 except for commercial stuff

Back