Gpx2 Unvailed!!

Lets not go overboard and junkup the customer suggestion thing though. Make sure you give a good reason for each improvement you need and don't add lots of expensive stuff which will obviously never happen.

Seraptin posted on Jul 27 2005 at 10:56 PM said:
@Dave: i think the gpx2 looks way better than your gp32-davec design....

dont always be so negative..... i like it how it is + the customer suggestions on the gpx2 site roxx :)

they give me a feeling like they really care about my suggestions :)
im definately buying one now...

That "design" was for button layout etc. I just took a normal GP32 pic and modded it. It really isn't supposed to physically look that way. My layout is FAR better than this thing though. Notice how the full size programmable start/select buttons are near the stick. This is for vertical MAME games. Now how are you going to play those with no buttons on the bottom on this new thing? Wrapp your hand around the top and use those buttons? Way too awkward.

And screw all of these touchscreen ideas. Don't need no stinking TS on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Jul 28 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
to be honest wid ya like, I reckon the ninja looks like a finer carribean queen.

what does it look like then? havent seen any specs or pics myself

@DaveC, compromises have to be made when they have developed this handheld. They could have made it perfect and i'm sure you still would have complained about somthing!!!

Hanz™ posted on Jul 28 2005 at 12:40 AM said:
I added some suggestions to their list.
I F*cked it up though.
what did you say hanz??

x68000 posted on Jul 28 2005 at 12:35 AM said:
Goity posted on Jul 28 2005 at 12:29 AM said:
to be honest wid ya like, I reckon the ninja looks like a finer carribean queen.

what does it look like then? havent seen any specs or pics myself

@DaveC, compromises have to be made when they have developed this handheld. They could have made it perfect and i'm sure you still would have complained about somthing!!!
Lmao, not as in that kind of look, as in the seems to be kind of look.

LHC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 12:57 AM said:
DaveC is a whinging little fuck who needs to shut the fuck up or post this where the makers are listening, am I right? :p
He has now.

LHC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:57 AM said:
DaveC is a whinging little fuck who needs to shut the fuck up or post this where the makers are listening, am I right? :p
YES!
and sugestiosn as "dont make linux permanent" is just irrelevant, its clear that it wont be locked in user mode.

LHC posted on Jul 28 2005 at 01:03 AM said:
For the record I don't believe they will change it.
Yeah, I wonder how much can be changed at this stage.

Sounds perfect (well unrealistic dreaming aside).

I will probably wait a bit to get it, since initially it will not be much better than my 256mhz GP32, but it sure is tempting, exspecially if it is around 100 Euros.

The only thing that would really add (ok I am dreaming again) to it would be a TV out and a powered standard USB (for aditional controllers among other things).

P.s.: Not having to recode movies is awesome!

If the processors actually can be OCed to 400Mhz then surely everything changes and we all wank in a big circle and say "oh yeah let's wank in a big circle" and then I bum Bum Hong Lee or whatever he's called, right up the Bum Hong.

... Dave's right... not about his negativity toward the system specs, but they do need to change some stuff. The Start ans Select make more sense to be put on the left side underneath the stick... not so you can play vertical games though, that doesn't matter to me at all... but simply because the right side looks too cluttered. And that volume control looks like a last second idea. They're just like "uh.... let's slap it here!" They should give us a wheel/knob/whatever, and move that damn expansion port thing to the top or the bottom. the right side is the worst place for it. That'll get in the way when you're trying to play a game.

And as far as the system specs are concerned... Dave, just give it a chance, and give it some time. If enough people complain, they will change it. And Craig told us not to judge it by CPU power alone anyway, so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

And god damnit, NO... NO TOUCHSCREEN... Touchscreen = pointless unnecessary gimmick... and the same goes for TV-out. The whole point of a handheld system is for it to be portable. If you have access to a TV, what the hell are you playing on your GPX2 for? but sink the screen into the case a little bit so it's protected like the GP32s screen is now.

Back