Gpsp2x Goes Public With V9008!

Will there be a Emu version without the huge CPU-Tweak-Screen at the beginning? It slows down the Start of the emulator. The settings should be in the emu-menu. I also have this Tweak-prog. on my SD so I could easily tweak the Ram/LCD/CPU-via tiny little small start script. But I don't even need this because Ryo's Gmenu is the easiest way to overclock a program without ingame OC-Option. The new 0.9 Gmenu2X version also has Ram-Tweaking option for each link. Still a little bit buggy but the right way I think. :)

Besides: Nice Emu. But I'm sure the buggy FPS-Counter is always completely wrong in nearly every case :lol:
I had tested Metroid FUSION (of course ;) ) It says 60FPS with FS 1 at 200MHz - sonds good but you all know there's no 60FPS. ;)
Besides that, it plays better than (transparent) Super Metroid on PocketSNES at 270MHz :lol:

Little Sound bug (besides the ugly Sound Quality):
When I had loaded a savegame I have little short Sound glitches/crunches all the time when the sound Option is OFF, even, when I turn sound on again. Maybe because the save was with Sound while the emu has disabled sound this time ????
Only way to reduce this is to set Vol to minimum.

Question: The NAMES of the roms, must they match with the names in rom-info file or is only the info in the rom-header counting?

this emu is very good for a first public release only games not working is mega man zero 4 and teen titans 2
mega man zero 4 makes the emu exit and teen titans hangs on a black screen after you select a language other than those two games every thing else runs smoothly great job!:)

EDIT: Nightmare Before Christmas has the same effect as mmzero 4

Switching X and B for the emulator menu would be appreciated by all, this should can easily be handled before any major gui face lifting. I'm not a fan of cpu tweaker either, but as far as emulation goes I can't complain. Fun stuff, cap'n. Keep sailin'.

Wooo, wish I had more time to test, roll on the weekend already!

To be honest, I have been meaning to throw some cash at the current devs for a while, but just started a new job, so things are kinda weird moneywise, I bought Retrovirus RTS for this very reason...

...A reason to donate is sometimes cool too, but TBH, I just wanted to add some feedback to the beta in a hope to help somehow, even if it was just filling in stuff at http://checklist.berzerk.co.uk - now its a public beta we really _all_ should be!

fusion_power posted on Mar 15 2007 at 09:07 PM said:
Will there be a Emu version without the huge CPU-Tweak-Screen at the beginning? It slows down the Start of the emulator. The settings should be in the emu-menu. I also have this Tweak-prog. on my SD so I could easily tweak the Ram/LCD/CPU-via tiny little small start script. But I don't even need this because Ryo's Gmenu is the easiest way to overclock a program without ingame OC-Option. The new 0.9 Gmenu2X version also has Ram-Tweaking option for each link. Still a little bit buggy but the right way I think. :)

Yeah, I too thin cpu-speed is a bad idea : either having a speed selector built-in, or choose via gmenu ;) But I don't know what others think about that

I had some play and wwwooowww! it's amazing! I used to love Castlevania SotN (playstation) and I think I will like the GBAs castlevania! and Zelda! Zod i think i'm in love :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
yup..a new menu with builtin ram timings tweaker and cpu overclock capabilty should be very nice, though the emu is amazing of course.

This will totally destroy my resolve to finish Shining Force on PicoDrive :ph34r: Lunar Legends plays very, very nicely even att no overclock at all, if I turn off sound. Sound is...Listenable (not like before, when it was just a complete mess), but sometimes scratchy or slightly glitchy. Like a badly tuned radio :)

No freezes, no nothing. The menu is frugal, but what the heck - That's window dressing anyways, right? :D

Does anyone know the ram timings that CraigX uses? I'd like to program them in.

Hi everyone,

I'm working on fixing the autoframeskip as much as possible. It's hard since I don't know of a way to count the number of the GP2X's vblanks between a certain period of time without a tight loop.

zodttd posted on Mar 15 2007 at 08:25 PM said:
Hi everyone,

I'm working on fixing the autoframeskip as much as possible. It's hard since I don't know of a way to count the number of the GP2X's vblanks between a certain period of time without a tight loop.

Would it be possible to use the auto frameskip code from another emu? For instance, I know squidgesnes had auto frameskip issues until pepone added his own code. Maybe you could look at the squidgesnes source?

xythen posted on Mar 15 2007 at 09:10 AM said:
It seems the cpu tweaker isn't saving the gamma settings (I remember someone mentioning this about an earlier version too). When I go back into the settings after restarting, the gamma is value set to 0.00 but the actual colour is the same as 1.00. Anyone else getting this problem?

Apart from that, everything is working really well! The three Castlevania's work really smoothly with a bit of overclocking, so I'm more than happy! :D

Excellent work zodttd!

The gamma value set in the cpu_speed.gpe program (which is now part of gpsp's code) is only used by the Movie Player.

Ok, so this is a really stupid question, but i've tried every thing else and read the read me multiple times and can still not figure it out. How do I select my rom once i get through the initial blue menu. I've tried every button and can't figure it out. The only thing i've managed to do is go down in the chain by pressing L or X. Please help

New version released. gpSP2X v9007 here at:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/gpsp_v9007.zip

New in this release:
- Fixed a large compatibility issue with the dynarec. Many more games working and working better.
- Removed the need for gpsp.cfg during installation. It's now created with the correct defaults.
- Hopefully a better autoframeskip.

Autoframeskip isn't a plug-and-play type code so I can't rip it out of another opensource emulator and plug it in. But I can use certain techniques. I have one in mind but I'm working on it. In the meantime this will due.

I would like to know if people are able to use autoframeskip with a value of 2 fairly well. Also let me know if a new game is working or if a game is more compatible now. Thanks. :)

Next up, more performance.
That's all for today. ;)

Back