Gpsp2x Goes Public With V9008!

zodttd posted on Mar 15 2007 at 09:58 PM said:
Autoframeskip isn't a plug-and-play type code so I can't rip it out of another opensource emulator and plug it in. But I can use certain techniques. I have one in mind but I'm working on it. In the meantime this will due.

Nice work on the new version. I really have very little idea how carrying over the code would work, just throwing an idea out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job !!!
I have played many games and have not had ANY problems , could only request a setting to select fullscreen as default... Bud

-Auto frameskip is not working, now is always like manual frameskip 1 althought you set it to auto framekip 5 for example.(in beta 9006 was always like manual frameskip 4 whatever you set).
-Now set the manual frameskip to 0 works perfect, no crashes :)
-Street Figther Alpha 3 now works, and very well.With manual Frameskip 1 is perfect to play :)
-Mario Golf works :)
-Golden Sun 1 and 2 works :)
-Mario Tennis works but it reset when you select character.
-Moto Racer now works :)

*Please, people who have got Advance Wars 2 to play PM :) I have test 5 roms (U) & (E) with no exit :D

Sir Pattypoo posted on Mar 15 2007 at 06:46 PM said:
Ok, so this is a really stupid question, but i've tried every thing else and read the read me multiple times and can still not figure it out. How do I select my rom once i get through the initial blue menu. I've tried every button and can't figure it out. The only thing i've managed to do is go down in the chain by pressing L or X. Please help

You push X quickly and surely. Can you see your roms? If YES, press left on the stick, your file browser is on the two dots to the right ..

Then choose your game, press X and wait 10 seconds, if your emulator is correctly configured you should see it start.

The menu doesn't like X being pressed very long, it thinks you pressed it twice, this goes for all keys, it is a touchy menu.

When you go into your roms directory the cursor has moved to the right, you need to move it back left to choose the roms (funny that there is a rom directory and yet the emu doesn't default there, and that it sticks to the right immediately as you reach your roms that you would like to play).

That should help you, and it should probably be in the readme if it isn't yet.

cowai posted on Mar 16 2007 at 08:57 AM said:
Which racing game runs the fastest right now on this emu?
Moto GP runs very smooth.
VRally 3, Collin 2, MArio Kart , GT Advance 3 and Moto Racer are very playable at frameskip3.

GunPei2X posted on Mar 16 2007 at 05:10 PM said:
RAM timings:

CAS 2
tRC 6
tRAS 4
tWR 1
tMRD 1
tRFC 1
tRP 2
tRCD 2
Thanks, GunPei

Zod: Will frame rate counter accuracy be easy to fix at some point or is this a tricky task?

cool! It's like christmas everyday over and over again. You wake up, get excited, switch on your computer, check the boards and BAM!!! Zodttd dropped another present through your chimney... now where is that grinch.

Heh, glad to see things improving. :)
I will smooth out the rate the FPS counter updates, since right now it's updating too fast. It's also about 1 to 4 frames off due to some accuracy loss when polling so fast.

Oh, forgot to mention that. Some user's with d-pad mods weren't able to use push-stick. So I changed the FPS counter to VOLUMEMIDDLE+L+R. It's a weird key combo since it's really only for debugging.

Back