[gba] Public Release Of Gpsp2x! Dynarec'd And All!

Great! I can't wait to test this out! Thank you Zodttd. One question though, can I load a savestate from the last public version of GPSP? I got quite far in BG Dark Alliance... I hate to lose that progress, though I suppose I can finish it on the old version, it there's a problem... This is something I should just test isn't it. I'd soon find out.

Blah posted on Mar 15 2007 at 08:06 AM said:
Don't forget to mess with the audio buffer size...It can drastically improve performance!
In what games do you have noticed that?
Thank you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeladin posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:42 AM said:
One question though, can I load a savestate from the last public version of GPSP? I got quite far in BG Dark Alliance...

I tried loading a savestate (in lunar) from the non-dynarecced version, and got a total lockup, no matter wich way i tried to do it. Doesn't matter much for me, though - I didn't have much progress, and it is SO MUCH SWEETER playing on this version - Totally smooth and playable even on stock standard 200 Mhz :)

With a little overclock and a little tweaking of options, it'll be as good as a GBA

another vote for an enhanced menu system - i think it gives projects so much more character to have a look and feel to them rather than just the textual screen...pico menu would work though. i would like that.

great work again though...a few more whistles and bells and we're off.

marc

hm ... i think im stupid ... i can't get this fps-counter away. The damn thing sits in the upleft corner and flashes like hell. Stickclick+Vol-middle doesn't seem to do anything :(
just a quick test on my Side:
Golden Sun (European) ... doesn't work
MegaMan Z (U) ... works, but forcefield around Zero is distorted
MarioKart .. works (but a bit slow)
Zelda - Minish Camp (German) ... works
Yoshis Island (J ... no [!]) (i don't have another ROM) ... crashes when loading 1st Level
King of Fighters EX ... works
Sword of Mana (European) .... fast, but crashes after char-select ...

And I think my Bios could be damaged ... is it normal, that the text beneath the colorfull GAMEBOY sign is all messed up?

I have to say .. the speed and start compatibility impressed my quite much. Great work Zottd.

The BIOS text corruption is normal when there is no game inserted in the GBA. When you run the BIOS itself, there is no game to emulate so it does the corrupt text.

To get rid of the FPS counter tap VOL+ (unless it's changed now)
EDIT: Scrap it, it seems it has changed now (just read the readme)

@god_at_hell

Try to reload the file (First post). There was a problem with the fps counter in the initial release.

Regards,
Stephan

yuujin posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:34 PM said:
Elephant Gun posted on Mar 15 2007 at 01:12 PM said:
can someone please report back with what fps they are getting with games?

you mean on the berzerk site? (http://checklist.berzerk.co.uk/)
The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap i launch it with 200MHz Ram timming and FS manual FS1 and it between 50-63fps

When I've ran Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap for the first time, I was like...WOOOOOW it's soooo smooth!!! Same goes to Summon Night.

Ow and savestates from 9005 and prior don't work with 9006

I forgot to say: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you ZodTTD!!!

Unfortunately after something around 30 minutes of playing gpsp froze :-( Maybe it's related to these instructions that aren't handled correctly? Bad set flag may mess things up if it's used for something in code...

yeah!! glad to hear that many games are running fine!! Zod you rocks ;) I've been following the beta topics since the beginning! You seem to be doing an impressing job! but please, if you don't like programming GUI, you should make your executable to take arguments (speed, timings, rom...) to allow the use of external launchers (the same is done with neogeo and cps2)

I personnaly really don't like the built-in CPU Speed :)

Anyway, this is all great programming, and, being a programmer myself (far less skilled), I admire you :) (well, sort of :rolleyes: )

god_at_hell posted on Mar 15 2007 at 12:16 PM said:
Sword of Mana (European) .... fast, but crashes after char-select ...

Hm, this worked for me right into gameplay on an earlier beta...

THe FPS counter is wrong, is tells you the frames in an accurrate way.
I have tried to play Gradius Advance i get 43 FPS but is unplayable .. is like 8 FPS...

Somebody can fix that? If somebody can compile it i will have a look to the code and fix it and send it back for compilation... I just cant compile it...I am not good at that. :S

Back