[gba] Public Release Of Gpsp2x! Dynarec'd And All!

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

After a lot of time and effort, I bring you the public release of gpSP2X.
gpSP2X is an official GP2X port of gpSP, a GBA emulator written from scratch by Exophase.
But it's more than just a port, as I have tweaked it specifically for the GP2X with features such as overclocking the CPU, RAM, and LCD tweaks. I also wrote a dynarec for it. :)
There are many games that can be run at fullspeed, although there a few stubborn ones. After much beta testing, sound quality and syncing has improved drastically, as well as compatibility.

Grab the public release of gpSP2X v9006 kindly hosted here:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/gpsp_v9006.zip

EDIT:
New version released. gpSP2X v9007 here at:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/gpsp_v9007.zip

Be sure to read the enclosed readme.txt. For more help and discussion, there is a General Discussion thread on the gp32x.de forums here. And don't forget to post videos of gpSP2X in action!

Thanks for the great beta testing. Next up, virtualisation!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting page not found for the URL.

EDIT: Must have been happening when you updated the file! All good now.

Sitting here at work now. The first day in the last week that I didn't brink my GP2X along.
Waiting to get home to try it out... :-/

Zodttd, for a public release i would erase the "gift" inside rom folder :D

Just so everyone's aware, I have updated the file gpsp_v9006.zip to the "proper" public release version. I landed up initially putting up a slightly older version that had the FPS counter always on.

If you re-download gpsp_v9006.zip it should now have the FPS counter off by default and can be re-enabled via STICK-PUSH + VOLUME-MIDDLE. :)

Oh, the BustAMove.gba ROM included is 100% Public Domain homebrew. It's an awesome remake by Russ Prince. :)

zodttd posted on Mar 15 2007 at 02:32 AM said:
If you re-download gpsp_v9006.zip it should now have the FPS counter off by default and can be re-enabled via STICK-PUSH + VOLUME-MIDDLE. :)

Haven't tried it jet, but cound you make a menu option for the fps counter instead? Us Dpad users have a hard time using the stick-click :p

Thank you soooo much! :D

I'm guessing the bios still needs to be gba_bios.bin?

I think I have a bad one.

when only messing with the CPU speed (changing it to 240) I get fullspeed with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

You are my favorite person in the world. well, next to my girlfriend.

awesome
I've been checking back ALL day :)
great job, I am incredibly excited to finally try this :D

thumbsup.gif

Ok,

I'm a little thick. Anyhow I finally hunted down a bios file and am making some progress. When I go to "load game" I get the common gameboy screen to come up (white with the blue "gameboy" across the top) but it just hangs there after that. Two problems: it hangs and when I boot out of that screen I can SEE the list of roms I have but cannot scroll down to access one of them. Anybody else have similar probs?

NICE!

things seem a lot faster :)

one annoyance, when you hit X while changing folders when you press it you have to release quickly or it hits the .. and drops back down to the last folder, or I just suck at pushing buttons

dochuge posted on Mar 14 2007 at 09:26 PM said:
Ok at

I'm a little thick. Anyhow I finally hunted down a bios file and am making some progress. When I go to "load game" I get the common gameboy screen to come up (white with the blue "gameboy" across the top) but it just hangs there after that. Two problems: it hangs and when I boot out of that screen I can SEE the list of roms I have but cannot scroll down to access one of them. Anybody else have similar probs?

Are you getting the GameBoy Logo after you select a rom? If you can not select a rom, press the DPad left then you should be able to select with the X.

Back