Gpsp 0.9-2xb

Tobriand said:
Effectively, he's left too many bits of the sentence suppressed for it to make grammatical sense, although semantically, it's fine (which is to say, I understood, and I'm sure you did too - eventually).
There's not enough decent grammar around these days. Kids are treating forums like they're a mobile phone.

And yes, I did understand - but I like to be able to just read without having to translate :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
or treating their mobile phone like it's a forum :)

fusion_power said:
Uh... In Germany we often name Game Cartridges "Module" or "Spielmodule" , sorry I forgot the english Word is completely different. ^^""""""""
"module" - that's interesting. i thought maybe you meant first-party games went through a different process to program the ROM. but i think i still like "cartridge" better because when you say it it almost sounds like the noise of putting one in the console. kk-shhh :D

Dunny said:
Tobriand said:
Effectively, he's left too many bits of the sentence suppressed for it to make grammatical sense, although semantically, it's fine (which is to say, I understood, and I'm sure you did too - eventually).
There's not enough decent grammar around these days. Kids are treating forums like they're a mobile phone.

And yes, I did understand - but I like to be able to just read without having to translate :)

D.

Why do you type a "D." at the end of your posts? It's redundant and un-necessary ... we can all see your user name just fine (and what a grand user name it is ;))

TelcoLou said:
Dunny said:
Tobriand said:

D.

Why do you type a "D." at the end of your posts? It's redundant and un-necessary ... we can all see your user name just fine (and what a grand user name it is ;))

Why do you have a huge signature at the end of your posts? I have absolutely no interest in how bad your taste in gaming is ;-)

D.

Answer: because it amuses me and others whom I've talked about the game to.

You haven't answered my question, however, which isn't surprising .. it's funny when someone who attacks bad grammar can't see their own quirks as being disruptive, or slightly annoying :lol:

BOT: erm ... I noticed that FFVI Advance has the same gfx glitches in both the PSP and GP2X versions ... I'm curious as to why ...

TelcoLou said:
You haven't answered my question, however, which isn't surprising .. it's funny when someone who attacks bad grammar can't see their own quirks as being disruptive, or slightly annoying :lol:
I sign my posts, and so do you. I fail to see a difference. I also fail to see how it's a grammar error.

D.

wooooo derailing scheme: let's all talk about our signatures.
dare me!

TelcoLou said:
Well, it depends on how you see a forum. If you think of it as a pin-board, then an analogy can be drawn to personalised headed letter-paper. Just because it says your name on the top doesn't stop you signing messages you write on it and pin to the board.

If you see it in closer to the original use of the word forum - i.e. a big square where people go to talk about stuff - then if makes less sense (the analogy would be saying your name after every comment, which is obviously pointless).

It just depends on how you think of the whole forum experience - delayed chat room or pinboard?

Wow, we really are derailed aren't we lol...

really now people, how nerdy are we if we have to discuss the formal correctness of signatures and initials after forum posts. I don't care if people sign their posts or not... I wonder though, why undertake the effort of writing you name after each post?

Anyway, gpsp is progressing greatly. I am quite sure that the last remaining crashes that annoy us, come from a single bug aswell. Somebody oughta change the resizing bug in this release aswell. I really need to learn some Cpp so I can do easy stuff like that myself... or has Notaz fixed this in his unofficial build?

Dunny said:
xnopasaranx said:
I wonder though, why undertake the effort of writing you name after each post?
Who does that?

D.

...and i wonder who could turn a D. to a problem? :)

Finally gotten round to update to the latest version of this fine, fine emu - And the greatness is, like, overwhelmingly even greater, or sumfing. My Lunar Legends plays like a charm. A very smooth, colourful an nice-sounding charm at that. That is, an amulet in the shape of a bell, fashioned out of some sort of multicolored stone, or perhaps...Uh? Sorry. Slight mind derail there.

Anyway. BRILL! GREAT! THANKS EXOPHASE LOTS AND NOTAZ A BIT TOO! :)

And I think it is a quality of these forums that a thread actually can derail into metacommentary about grammatical style and the philosophical attitude to the forum as a meetingpoint, instead of derailing into "Yr mama suxxors monkis, y l4m3r!!!!11!11 lolzors!!!"...

Nr.56 said:
Dunny said:
xnopasaranx said:
I wonder though, why undertake the effort of writing you name after each post?
Who does that?

D.

...and i wonder who could turn a D. to a problem? :)

This is indeed a conundrum. I still, however, want to know who thinks that a single letter followed by a full-stop constitutes an entire name. It's clearly an error that needs to be corrected.

As does that bloody CPU speed tweaker thing that cannot store the gamma value correctly, nor allow you to select the correct gamma value. This has recently been getting on my tits rather more than grammatical errors have been doing.

D.

I do not have a PSP, but I am a bit jeallouse.

I have implemented a bilinear scaler into gpSP-2x and (at least in FF Dawn of Souls) it looks brilliant! But, as you all might guess, it slows thinks down. surprise, Surprise :)

Is it true that the filtering on PSP is done purely in HW?

I maybe consider to recode my filter in asm (I don't exspect too much improvement though) and play FF2 with it. :)

All i got to say is that maker of the gba emu is class he`s done a great job and i`m sure he`ll keep going until it is 100% or there about. good on ya m8

Creature XL said:
I do not have a PSP, but I am a bit jeallouse.

I have implemented a bilinear scaler into gpSP-2x and (at least in FF Dawn of Souls) it looks brilliant! But, as you all might guess, it slows thinks down. surprise, Surprise :)

Is it true that the filtering on PSP is done purely in HW?

I maybe consider to recode my filter in asm (I don't exspect too much improvement though) and play FF2 with it. :)
Saw the results on your blog.. I seriously don't think it'll ever be able to render at a appropriate speed, unless you move it to the other CPU (even then it's only a maybe). And it is true that PSP does it in hardware. Unless you can overclock high then few games will have any CPU to spare, much less an amount that significant.

Also, look out for DaveC ;)

I updated the gpSP blog with what I've been working on. It's really technical so if you half understand something ask questions to help understand the other half. *_*

Exophase said:
I updated the gpSP blog with what I've been working on. It's really technical so if you half understand something ask questions to help understand the other half. *_*
Does anyone understand all of it? :)

Exophase said:
Very interesting. You have some great ideas. I wouldn't have realized that self-modfiying code was still so common.
The GBA doesn't really need cache as the 32K IWRAM runs with zero wait states anyway?
Would dynamic recompilation be more difficult for machines with larger amounts of RAM, like the NDS? Or with multi-CPU machines, again, like the NDS? I would imagine synchronizing the CPUs would be more difficult? In fact how is synchronization done now? Using an interpreter you can just count the cycles as you go - with a dyna rec....?

Anyway, nice blog update and I'm looking forward to future releases! (Both PSP and GP2X).

slaanesh said:
Exophase said:
Very interesting. You have some great ideas. I wouldn't have realized that self-modfiying code was still so common.
The GBA doesn't really need cache as the 32K IWRAM runs with zero wait states anyway?
Would dynamic recompilation be more difficult for machines with larger amounts of RAM, like the NDS? Or with multi-CPU machines, again, like the NDS? I would imagine synchronizing the CPUs would be more difficult? In fact how is synchronization done now? Using an interpreter you can just count the cycles as you go - with a dyna rec....?

Anyway, nice blog update and I'm looking forward to future releases! (Both PSP and GP2X).

You're right that GBA doesn't "need" cache per se, but it would have sanitized things a decent amount.

Fortunately Nintendo DS does have instruction cache and can't just do self modifying code without invalidating it (which is a major tipoff for a recompiler). Actually, this is the saving grace that could make partial virtualization MAYBE possible (but please don't take my word for this). Synchronization is a pain to get accurate, but it depends on how much accuracy the games need. Same goes with all timing issues.

Dynarec wouldn't inherently be worse on the Nintendo DS than the GBA, because while the DS has a lot more RAM it actually has a lot less addressible code space (since there's no mapped cartridge, unless you plug a GBA cart in of course)

Back