Gpsp 0.9-2xb-u4

zodttd has offered to help with the Pandora port, you can nag him for that one. Although notaz could theoretically do it too if he desires to. I see little obstacle in Pandora running gpSP fullspeed almost all the time, especially with a hardware scaler.

zodttd has offered to help with the Pandora port, you can nag him for that one. Although notaz could theoretically do it too if he desires to. I see little obstacle in Pandora running gpSP fullspeed almost all the time, especially with a hardware scaler.
The hardware scaler should even be easy, it could just be 3:1 and fill most of the screen without any real tricks.

Won't porting many lower end (SNES) emus to the Pandora be boring? With all of that power you could almost port it using LOGO and it would be fullspeed. There would be little need for optimisations to get things running. I guess that will mean there will be more time for fancy menus or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hardware scaler should even be easy, it could just be 3:1 and fill most of the screen without any real tricks.

Won't porting many lower end (SNES"] emus to the Pandora be boring? With all of that power you could almost port it using LOGO and it would be fullspeed. There would be little need for optimisations to get things running. I guess that will mean there will be more time for fancy menus or something.[/quote]
That's why coding for the wiz is more challenging ;)

Awesome Release. Thanks a ton to notaz and exophase, I'm sure a good lot of us were waiting for GBA on our wiz, and now we've got it. And if GB/GBC gets supported sometime soon, there will be no reason to ever need another handheld device. EVER.

Won't porting many lower end (SNES"] emus to the Pandora be boring? With all of that power you could almost port it using LOGO and it would be fullspeed. There would be little need for optimisations to get things running. I guess that will mean there will be more time for fancy menus or something.[/quote]
That's why coding for the wiz is more challenging ;"]

Awesome Release. Thanks a ton to notaz and exophase, I'm sure a good lot of us were waiting for GBA on our wiz, and now we've got it. And if GB/GBC gets supported sometime soon, there will be no reason to ever need another handheld device. EVER.[/quote]Um, maybe if it can emulate psp games. I still want to play metal gear....

emus to the Pandora be boring? With all of that power you could almost port it using LOGO and it would be fullspeed. There would be little need for optimisations to get things running. I guess that will mean there will be more time for fancy menus or something.
I think porting isn't a problem but OPTIMIZING usualy is. ;)
We could have SNES and GBA Emu easily at Full Speed...at 600MHz or so. But optimizing such Emulators so they run at 300 or less (compare to the GP2X) is the complicated part I think. Because onto a Handheld, battery power is not that unimportant, the goal should be to optimize the Emulators as much as it is possible. As lower we can clock the Pandora as longer lifetime the battery will have.
And I hope the Pandora even has a better Per-MHz value than the GP2X i.e. if a game runs Full Speed at 266MHz onto the GP2X (via GPSP for example) it should be possible that the same game with the "same" Emu runs as good onto the Pandora at 266MHz...maybe better.
But I haven't herad anything of Pandora-underclocking yet.

emus to the Pandora be boring? With all of that power you could almost port it using LOGO and it would be fullspeed. There would be little need for optimisations to get things running. I guess that will mean there will be more time for fancy menus or something.
I think porting isn't a problem but OPTIMIZING usualy is. ;)
We could have SNES and GBA Emu easily at Full Speed...at 600MHz or so. But optimizing such Emulators so they run at 300 or less (compare to the GP2X) is the complicated part I think. Because onto a Handheld, battery power is not that unimportant, the goal should be to optimize the Emulators as much as it is possible. As lower we can clock the Pandora as longer lifetime the battery will have.
And I hope the Pandora even has a better Per-MHz value than the GP2X i.e. if a game runs Full Speed at 266MHz onto the GP2X (via GPSP for example"] it should be possible that the same game with the "same" Emu runs as good onto the Pandora at 266MHz...maybe better.
But I haven't herad anything of Pandora-underclocking yet.[/quote]Does the clock changing feature in GPSP actually work all the way down to 300Mhz? If it does, this means a good majority of games are very playable at 300Mhz (Pokemon games, fire emblem, etc.)

Does the clock changing feature in GPSP actually work all the way down to 300Mhz? If it does, this means a good majority of games are very playable at 300Mhz (Pokemon games, fire emblem, etc."]
It should be, it's using the same clock routine everyone else does.[/quote]Well then, I guess that means a good load of games runs at 300Mhz underclocked. =D Hello battery life.

Can anybody get Grand Theft Auto Advance running? In my case Gpsp crashes completely when I run this game. I can get the title screen and start the game but as the gameplay is aboyut to begin gpsp just exits out in the gp2xmenu. Golden Sun crashes also 10 minutes into gameplay with a corrupted screen. Tom Raider - Legend just gives me a black screen. Any ideas?

Regards

André

PS. Many many thanks for making this emulator :D.

Can anybody get Grand Theft Auto Advance running? In my case Gpsp crashes completely when I run this game. I can get the title screen and start the game but as the gameplay is aboyut to begin gpsp just exits out in the gp2xmenu. Golden Sun crashes also 10 minutes into gameplay with a corrupted screen. Tom Raider - Legend just gives me a black screen. Any ideas?

Regards

André

PS. Many many thanks for making this emulator :D .
First two are emulator bugs, don't know about the last one.

New u5 version in the archive:

0.9-2xb u5
- Added portrait drawing modes. They eliminate tearing but are slightly
slower.
- Added page scrolling in ROM browser with L/R.
- 32MB ROM support fixed.

The config save function seem to be broken in the last release u5. Can somebody confirm this?

I haven't touched that part. The config is saved separately for every game, maybe that's what confuse you.

Yes, I can see the cfg files. But when I change scaling to scaled (anti-tear) the program starts unscaled the next time I start it. Strangly I never noticed any problems with u4. I do a clean install but no success yet. Perhaps a problem with the new mode you added? I will investigate this problem further...

might just be in my head but some games have horrible sounds like it's lagging or something but if I up the Mhz above the 533 that it's defaulted to it seems to sound better.

the program starts unscaled the next time I start it.
Ah, I see. The config loader thinks there are still only 3 scaling options (from GP2X version"]. Any other issues?[/quote]If you're planning on updating again and are looking for issues, I have one. It's actually about 3 specific games that are unplayable.

1. Kingdom Hearts crashes at the intro video. (It's coincidentally [though I suppose it's not merely coincidence] at the same spot where the game would crash when played on the Dingoo's emulator.

2. Grand Theft Auto GBA crashes when it attempts to load the actual gameplay portion of the game. In other words, you see the intro video and dialogue, and text and such, but as soon as you are about to take control of your character and begin playing, it quits.

3. Payback appears to be a complete garbled mess. It's impossible to see what the f is going on on-screen. (This one has been verified by other users in a separate thread, where a port of Payback was requested for the Wiz. The requester was informed that Payback was available for the GBA and upon attempting to load the game in gpSP, the user verified that it loads with garbled graphics).

Anyway, I'm not sure if that's what you meant by issues, as I know you only handled the porting and the extra features. If you aren't planning on fixing these game-specific issues, it's cool. I don't mean to come across as a beggar or be asking for all kinds of things on this. Just thought this would help if you were looking for ways to improve it. :D

Oh and I haven't noticed any sound issues (like Spykez was mentioning).

Back