Gpfce 0.3

FCEU does not autodetect PAL or NTSC roms, in fact I'm not sure there is a way to do that at all since the iNES format does not have a flag indicating 50/60hz operation. So, uh, I guess there needs to be a per-game option for that.

I have found on a few instances i'll get a freeze with the video but the game keeps playing. This has happened with Danny Indy and Base Wars. I haven't been able to consistently replicate it, but when i hit "click+L+R", the video would unfreeze and i'd be back in the game as if there was no freeze. if I were to do "click+L+R" again, it resets to the selector window (as I would expect from that button combination).

be cool if the stick click was removed (swap it for the center volume, or the select button) i hate having to press the joystick to get to the menu.

any way to configure the keys easily ?

Samba Pa Ti said:
be cool if the stick click was removed (swap it for the center volume, or the select button) i hate having to press the joystick to get to the menu.

thats already been done.... you should be able to use the center volume as if it was the stick click

Last edited by a moderator:
Samba Pa Ti said:

Isn't the center volume already acting as an alternative to stick click?

edit ignore me - mdinire beat me to it.

Samba Pa Ti said:
edit

ok got it working (i had too many roms in my roms folder (900) removing 800 seemed to fix it)

having some problems with some games (some dont run some lock up)

A trick I use is to make sub directories in the default ROM directory and break your games up that way. It makes scrolling through to find what you want faster too. For example you can put all games that begin with an A,B,or C into a dir called "ABC" and so on.

You can also configure the selector to display 2 columns at once too.

DaveC said:
A trick I use is to make sub directories in the default ROM directory and break your games up that way. It makes scrolling through to find what you want faster too. For example you can put all games that begin with an A,B,or C into a dir called "ABC" and so on.

You can also configure the selector to display 2 columns at once too.
Handy trick. Thanks!

Seems like game genie support is broken too ...

RC Pro-Am - terrible gfx glitches
Total Recall - " " "

I have been playing a lot with this great emulator.

SO far the only game that hasnt run acceptanly is:

Cobra Triangle (It has heavy graphic corruptions...)

Loopy's MMC1 hack of Super Mario Bros 2 - the japanese version used to work fine but now the upper part of the screen doesn't scroll right. Not completely unplayable but still distracting. I think the rom is just called smb2j.nes, 64kb.

Finally had a chance to try this as I got my gp2x back.

Nice speed boost, and compatibility remains high, which is great. The only issues I noticed after some messing around:
Baseball Stars - graphics glitches
Bases Loaded II - won't load
Marble Madness - minor graphics glitches--an old problem from .2
Paperboy - no controls?
RC Pro-Am - graphics glitches (been mentioned)
Cobra Triangle - graphics glitches (been mentioned)

Otherwise things are shaping up to be really great. :)

Back