Termula2x 0.1.1 "mavi" Released

canavar

Still Fresh
Website
www.fehmicans.net
termula2x-0.1.1-mavi.png

i have added hide/show virtual keyboard option in this release. to show the virtual keyboard set vkeyboard=true or set vkeyboard=false to hide it.

click here to download termula2x 0.1.1 "mavi".

changelog of the previous release was:

* termula2x now supports GP2X F-200 touchscreen.
* added 4x6 font support.
* added switch keys feature.
* added configurable usb keyboard values when shift key is pressed.
* RSHIFT now works as shift key as expected.

to choose the terminal font simply edit your configuration file.
term_size=
; 1 big gives you a 60x21 term
; 2 small gives you a 80x35 term

to switch selection keys, set switch_keys=true in your configuration file. by doing that selection keys (select key, press key, delete, space) are moved to the left pad. it is useful for stylus users.

Thank you for continuing to work on this. I dont think it needs to be said just how useful of an app this is.

The keyboard is functional, but its the one thing that I think needs improvement. Frodo2x for example has an excellent virtual keyboard. Gp2xWrite has a really fast entry method. Is it a possibility to adopt one of these styles in the future?

Thanks for the update, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Hi. Thanks for the release. I wanted to report a "bug" that happens to me. When I have just started the application, I press "Up" in my F-100 and the screen turns black and it hangs up. Does it happen to anyone more?

antoniou said:
Hi. Thanks for the release. I wanted to report a "bug" that happens to me. When I have just started the application, I press "Up" in my F-100 and the screen turns black and it hangs up. Does it happen to anyone more?
I've just installed the latest version of this - termula2x-0.1.1-mavi-dynamic. I removed my previous Sterm folder and copied across the contents of termula2x-0.1.1-mavi-dynamic/release/dynamic into a folder called termula2x.

The program starts, displays the background image with "bash-2.05a#" at the top left with a flashing cursor but there's no virtual keyboard despite the "vkeyboard=true" being present in the ini file. Pressing any direction on the joystick blanks the screen i.e. crashes the program.

I tried it in GMenu2X and the default gp2xmenu.

[UPDATE]
Ok, I've solved it: the termula2x.gpu script is incorrectly using the termula2x-mod.ini file when it should be using termula2x.ini. Simply edit this file and remove the "-mod" part and it will work; I've just tested it. I imagine the developer was testing the termula2x-mod.ini file and forgot to remove it from termula2x.gpu.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked in the logs and there's something in there that also appears in the logs of your hanoi game :-

----
GMenu2X starting: If you read this message in the logs, check http://gmenu2x.sourceforge.net/page/Troubleshooting for a solution
----

I believe the reason for this is because you are executing usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu at the end of your programs so therefore your programs never exit. The correct way to do this [on Linux] is to call your executables from within a [termula2x.gpu] script like so :-

#!/bin/sh
./termula2x-gp2x-dynamic termula2x.ini > termula2x.log
sync
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

[EDIT]
I checked out the source via SVN and I can see why GMenu2X logs are in termula2x's: in exit_func() line 56 :-

#ifdef __arm__
fflush(stdout);
fflush(stderr);
chdir("/usr/gp2x");
execl("/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu","/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu", NULL);
#endif

Regards.

But although changing the ini file to termula2x.ini fixes the problem, in the previous release (0.1.0) the program didn't use the sterm.ini, it used the specific mysterm.ini, and in version 0.1.1 this should be the same I think, so maybe it's using the ini files incorrectly (or we haven't understood how to use them :D ).

antoniou said:
But although changing the ini file to termula2x.ini fixes the problem, in the previous release (0.1.0) the program didn't use the sterm.ini, it used the specific mysterm.ini, and in version 0.1.1 this should be the same I think, so maybe it's using the ini files incorrectly (or we haven't understood how to use them :D ).
You're right. termula2x-mod.ini is the new mysterm.ini so then by default the vkeyboard is hidden.

I've looked at the differences between the ini files and tried a few changes but the joystick crashing bug appears to be entirely due to "vkeyboard=false".

Thunor said:
antoniou said:
You're right. termula2x-mod.ini is the new mysterm.ini so then by default the vkeyboard is hidden.

I've looked at the differences between the ini files and tried a few changes but the joystick crashing bug appears to be entirely due to "vkeyboard=false".

hi,

i think i could'nt explain the configuration file usage enough.
basically if you do not give a parameter to the executable, it uses the default configuration file termula2x.ini which was sterm.ini before. otherwise it uses the parameter given as the configuration file name.

i will examine the bug you mention and try to resolve in the next release.

thanks for your feedback.

Back