GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

Thanks for the recommendation @thatgui I do intend to move onto Rayman Legends, wasn't sure how well it'd run on the GPD-WIN (as the visuals have gone 2D -> 3D) but was hopeful it might run okay (I'm by no means a frame rate nazi, basically if I don't notice the frame rate, then I'm fine with it, but a platformer is a genre where a low rate rate is quite noticable to me).

So in the display driver crash repair kit I found a 1k and 22k resistor in my 10k bag.
Only 3 of the 5 were 10k resistors.
All 5 of the resistors in the 1k bag were the correct ones.
If I didn't habitually test parts before installing that 22k one would've been installed and I'd probably have a dead device right now.
For any of you who got a kit from GPD's Aliexpress store check them.
What the hell GPD?

I am in the US. What is the best place to buy the GPD WIN that has good customer service and new stock? Thanks to all for replying.

If I didn't habitually test parts before installing that 22k one would've been installed and I'd probably have a dead device right now.
For any of you who got a kit from GPD's Aliexpress store check them.
What the hell GPD?
Were they at least marked correctly? I generally check the markings on the parts I install, but I tend to trust the ratings.

Were they at least marked correctly? I generally check the markings on the parts I install, but I tend to trust the ratings.
I dunno.
hqAqzEk.jpg

Its ever so slightly hard to read.
I intend to get a picture of it tomorrow or sometime soon with a macro lens and I'll see then.

Do any of you have any idea what the red stuff is they slathered over all the connectors?
wtl1LhVh.jpg

Because the sticks were just flopping around and being a pain I decided to remove them which was apparently a mistake.
I cannot get the ribbon cable to go back into the connector because it is so full of the stuff.
Without knowing what the stuff is I'm hesitant to try anything.
They just had to slather this on the connectors....

An adhesive of some sort? Maybe try a heat gun if you are willing to risk it.

Don't you know they didn't make it to be user serviceable? You are supposed to buy a new one if there is a problem.:p
[doublepost=1481595885,1481595693][/doublepost]Is it possible to peel our cop or chip away the red stuff to remove it, and would the cables stay in the connector without the red stuff?

The red stuff literally peeled off in one sheet so none of the external stuff is a issue, its just before that stuff cured it flowed inside the connectors and while the external puddle is gone I can't get that internal stuff out.
The connector on the new stronger fan I swapped in is holding fine without the red stuff and even if I need to secure it I'll just y'know take the non-crazy route and use the fabric tape that is used in every other device out there.
My device is back together, games run perfectly but now my mouse does nothing but scroll to the top right corner presumably because I can't get the ribbon cable seated fully since the inside is full of this stuff I can't get out.

Maybe try some tiny tweezers (carefully), although I suspect that won't accomplish much. If you still have the stuff you peeled off you might want to try seeing if alcohol or something breaks it down at all. I doubt it, but it might be worth a shot.

Got a damaged screen?
We'll send you a new one you can replace yourself.
Got graphic driver crashes and feel like doing surgery?
We'll send you a kit to repair it that may or may not have a few surprises inside.
Mislabeled buttons or bad d-pad?
We'll send you new ones to replace.
Wanna remove your control sticks?
Nuh-uh
In all seriousness considering the hinge for the lock is warped and popping out by flipping it up I'm gonna go with sub-par connectors.
Seen some images on the Chinese forums where there's no goo and just fabric tape so I'm gonna assume they fixed that later on.

Tweezers won't work, I've been using some dentist picks and even those barely fit, need to find my tiny drillbits and give those a whirl.
Will try isopropyl to see if it softens it up.
Gonna assume acetone would do the trick but it'd also work well on the plastic as well so that's out.

Fuuuuun times, if its not one thing it's another.

Acetone would probably work if it is epoxy based, but you are right, the connector will go first... If it's hardened, trying to use a drill to clear the way to the copper seems like a dangerously good idea... You might have to replace the connector in the end i fear... Good luck on removing that, whatever the option you choose...

Back