1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

GPD WIN 2

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by vcoleiro1, Oct 18, 2017.

1. lordbobjones

lordbobjones Member

Let us know ED! I want to order one also!

2. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Hardcore Member

For those who ordered a WIN 2 off Indiegogo, GPD will begin shipping to Indiegogo backers next week.

3. AVahne

AVahne Handheld-obsessed

Late next week.... Sigh

4. Foxgod

Foxgod Active Member

On dragonbox it now says 80 euro,s discount on preorder, does that also includes the people who already pre ordered, or will those get a 40 euro discount?

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Of course it's for those as well :)

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Foxgod likes this.
  6. Foxgod

Foxgod Active Member

Good to know, tnx!

7. Foxgod

Foxgod Active Member

I dont wanna be pushy, but do you already know more :D looking forward to it.
    Hope that you got your batch from indiegogo, currently they are planning to ship orderers 4000 to 5000 between now and early June.

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

They are already producing an official distributors batch, and I'll get it from that one as well.
    So should be around end of May.

lordbobjones, Foxgod and CommanderB like this.
  9. Foxgod

Foxgod Active Member

Awesome, tnx!

10. SNESFAN

SNESFAN Retro game fanatic

Does the distributor's batch get fulfilled before the indiegogo backers?

11. Jebe457

Jebe457 Member

As a low order number ~100 Indiegogo Backer I can verify that non-Japanese GPD Win 2s for IndieGogo have had their shipment request filed and are currently awaiting pick-up by DHL. I expect they will thus begin shipping out tomorrow.

12. SNESFAN

I quoted the relevant part of my question. Yesterday a person with a higher order number backer was given a shipping estimate by GPD of June.

I got a tracking number already for my donation as well. The question isn't because I'm concerned with my order, but rather the conflicting info between what ED said and what GPD said on the same day.

13. Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster Member

My Win2 has arrived at the House of my parents today. I will pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait !

CommanderB and FBnil like this.
  14. mr.white

mr.white Member

What order-nr you've got? Still waiting mine getting shipped to Germany. Was under the first 500s.

15. Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster Member

My order-nr was 150. I've got no shipping confirmation or tracking link.At least nothing i'm aware of. I was totally surprised.

16. mr.white

mr.white Member

Ok thanks, seems to mine will be shipped soon, getting now the "fullfilled" message shown in indiegogo.

17. Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster Member

My parents told me that they had to pay around aditional 45 € to the postman. Propably for taxes and stuff. When i pick it up i can tell more on that.
    I hope that you get your unit soon.

18. SNESFAN

Got mine yesterday, spent most of the evening updating windows to 1803. Put some emus and stuff on it. Have to say, so far I'm very impressed. Battery life, performance, thermals, build quality, keyboard layout, screen quality, sleep problems, card sleep issues, true stereo audio. Lot of things drastically improved or fixed from the original. You can really tell where the extra money went in design and materials. I could talk for hours about what I like about it and the win 1, but those boil down to how things should be or was wrong on the first one. But you all know what is good, so I won't waste my time. Be assured, overall it's really good.

The things I will elaborate on though, and things I don't really care for or preferred in the original;

The somewhat unique power supply requirements (only PD 12v 2A chargers work on it)
    The left analog stick isn't pg up/dn anymore.
    The right analog stick moves too slow in windows.
    I would change the left click to the L2 or L3 as they seem to be most comfortable trigger to press.
    Screen doesn't lock in at 160 degrees anymore, locks at 180
    Standoffs on the bottom don't allow for enough clearance for airflow when sitting on flat surface without thermal throttling. (no problem in handheld)
    Dpad buttons isn't the best. I feel the Dpad is improved but still subpar to the pandora's
    ABXY I think took a step back from the original, they have more travel now, but have a tendency to slightly catch on the case under intense use.

Agian, overall, it's an excellent device, some minor complaints, nothing worth sending it back or getting angry over.

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 3:17 AM
  19. vcoleiro1

vcoleiro1 Hardcore Member

@SNESFAN

That's odd , because the left strick on my WIN 2 does page scroll. I think I did hear though that they changed it in firmweare to dpad or one of the button sets now maybe.

On a different note, there has been a thing happening on the GPD Discord where people have been posting their typing speed they get on https://www.keyhero.com/free-typing-test/

Here's one guys run on the WIN 2 (I think it's MJPIA who is a member here)

Ryo likes this.
  20. SNESFAN

dpad is indeed the pg up\dn now, the left analog is wasd, really not a major complaint, hope they release some utility to configure all that in the future

the igg update for ic firmware 1.11 looks like it has the scroll on left analog but the link is dead, any mirrors?

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 5:24 AM